Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Draft Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    ... reminiscent of a Ted draft.

I wonder if or when he'll take a corner

Definitely. Ted was pretty good about staying true to minimum athletic thresholds. But Gute came in and it seemed like the minimum went from good to elite. And then you ended up with a bunch of athletic morons with a few home runs.

Bigger faster stronger is important. Really important. But it can’t be the only thing. I think there needs to be a lower threshold than elite. Something more like really good and factor in football character and football intelligence a little too. But there is a point of low athleticism that no amount of football savvy will ever be able to able to overcome.

I think he’s evolving into prime ted. He took over and blew his wad in the pretty athletes and after those loads falling back on his face he’s chilled out and started to take better aim.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    we give gutey a lot of love lately, but he's not god, he misses almost as many picks as other GMs do

his obsession with only drafting guys with high athletic scores is borderline al davis like

his 2021 draft was a complete shitshow

2020 draft wasn't any better besides the love pick
    How many players have to pan out to say it was worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Definitely. Ted was pretty good about staying true to minimum athletic thresholds. But Gute came in and it seemed like the minimum went from good to elite. And then you ended up with a bunch of athletic morons with a few home runs.

Bigger faster stronger is important. Really important. But it can’t be the only thing. I think there needs to be a lower threshold than elite. Something more like really good and factor in football character and football intelligence a little too. But there is a point of low athleticism that no amount of football savvy will ever be able to able to overcome.

I think he’s evolving into prime ted. He took over and blew his wad in the pretty athletes and after those loads falling back on his face he’s chilled out and started to take better aim.
    If those loads fell back on his face, he was shooting them quite far.

So the Packers have two more picks, I think. Wonder what they'll take - another running back, maybe?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fritz

Have to go with another safety or maybe QB in the 7th.

Did Brendan Rice punch a coach? Dude was talked about as a possible Day 2 pick by some (I figured early Day 3).

I do not love this draft, seems like alot of reaches, hoping I am wrong we passed on what seemed like good players and ended up with alot of ?????? hoping for the best, I like 3 players cooper, bullard and Oladapo

gute must think he's gonna pick up some cheap cb after teams cut dudes due to the draft

Quarterback! at 245 - just drafting the UDFAs now I guess, wasn't expecting a QB draft pick

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    gute must think he's gonna pick up some cheap cb after teams cut dudes due to the draft

There's your CB. You dirty rats.

finally a cb, it's a wrap and lots of ???? picks lets hope a few pan out but it looks like a shit draft to me, hope I'm wrong but I smell 2020 bad

A lot of you have a generally bad attitude about the draft. I notice that none of you are being considered for a GM or scout position in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    finally a cb, it's a wrap and lots of ???? picks lets hope a few pan out but it looks like a shit draft to me, hope I'm wrong but I smell 2020 bad
    It kind of does have an odd feel. The OL is really safe. Fritz compared it to Bulaga level safe and I agree. Just seems like a near lock to be a good pick.

Cooper looks like a high floor high ceiling guy. He’s an elite athlete and plays tough as nails. Worst case is he brings physicality. Best case is kind of sky’s the limit.

The safety from Georgia looks like a decently well rounded prospect. A good chance at being a good starter or better.

After that there is a lot of Richard Rodgers, Amari Rodgers, Josiah Deguara sort of feel. The sort of common denominator is that they’re rough, physical guys. That really is an important trait. But we’ll see. It feels like there were a lot of limitations after those first three picks. But the bust rate after the 3rd round is high so I imagine there are at least a few questions about every player at that point.

I heard quite a few draft “experts” say before the draft that day 3 was projected to have the fewest prospects of any draft in recent memory. Their theory was to trade up for 1st and 2nd round picks or use late picks to move up for early 3rd round picks. With almost no good RB, LB, S, and TE prospects, this draft was top heavy with OT, CB, and WRs. Aside from OTs, those didn’t fit our needs.

We apparently got one of the best LB, S, and RBs in this draft class. We filled out the end of the draft with special teamers and practice squad guys. I think that’s pretty good for a draft light on talent.

Up to us to coach them up.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    I heard quite a few draft “experts” say before the draft that day 3 was projected to have the fewest prospects of any draft in recent memory. Their theory was to trade up for 1st and 2nd round picks or use late picks to move up for early 3rd round picks. With almost no good RB, LB, S, and TE prospects, this draft was top heavy with OT, CB, and WRs. Aside from OTs, those didn’t fit our needs.

We apparently got one of the best LB, S, and RBs in this draft class. We filled out the end of the draft with special teamers and practice squad guys. I think that’s pretty good for a draft light on talent.

Up to us to coach them up.
    Go back to the Rasul Douglas trade. Gute was willing to throw in a 5th round pick to get the 3rd round pick. That suggested to me that Gute sensed the value wouldn't be very good by the time you got to the 5th round.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Last year we had Tucker Kraft, Wicks, Colby Wooden and Valentine with high ras scores in the 3rd round or later. This year, do we even have one?

Lots of good buzz on most of these picks.

Obviously I don't know shit about fuck, and we won't truly know for three years, but I like this draft.

Lloyd 8+ ras
    Hopper 7+ ras
    Evan Williams 8+
    Monk 9+
    Oladapo 8+
    Glover 4+
    Kalen King 6+

Kind of different than gutes usual profile of 9+ guys. But he mostly avoided pedestrian athletes. 7.5 is kind of that magic threshold where it seems like guys don’t succeed often under that score.

The toughest and physicality is exciting. The football character was fairly consistent all the way through. The athletic level was about average for NFL players so they’re not completely overmatched physically. The Ras scores are a little higher than I perceived a moment ago. They’re just good enough, but not the usual 9+ Gute used to consistently draft

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Last year we had Tucker Kraft, Wicks, Colby Wooden and Valentine with high ras scores in the 3rd round or later. This year, do we even have one?
    Last year was supposed to be one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. This year is one of the least talented drafts.

Lucky we had a lot of early picks this year

Last year was supposed to be one of the deepest drafts in recent memory. This year is one of the least talented drafts.

I see. I just read up on it. Yeah, NIL is causing guys to stay in school. Eventually they’ll have to move on though. So that should only last for so long. We’ll just start seeing more seniors in a year or two.

This is actually a little exciting for our chances of taking a big step. Back to back elite drafts is already a nice feather in the cap to go along with getting the QB. But having 5 picks in the only part of the draft that’s worth a shit this year could mean that if Gute did well, we get better while most teams couldn’t load up this year.