Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFL Draft Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Monk is another Gutes type. Played all 5 spots, team captain, lotta starts in college. I like him here, but I would have liked getting higher end guys earlier and be taking shots at LB now.
    With the success of Tom 4th, Walker 7th, Runyan 6th the last couple years they might be getting arrogant
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Decent athleticism and positional flexibility. Just what the Packers like on the online. Plus he's been a team leader. Most of his flaws sound like they can be fixed with good coaching. Seems like a decent value pick at this position.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

I really like the small town Georgia boys and the small town rough and tumble types in general. The young ones are getting softer and softer so you kind of have to find those corn field, tobacco field country kids to get some of the old culture now.

Felt like maybe moving up for him was unnecessary, but both the Ravens and Giants could use OL help. Who knows?

Oladapo... a third safety.

Kinda shows you what they feel about the secondary and special teams. Hard not to agree.

Monk looks like a great pick. Looks like a center with guard flexibility. 9.0 RAS. If he was a little longer he’d probably be a 3rd round pick. But at center there are a ton of 6’3” guys who excel. Would not be surprised at all if he’s the center of the future.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I really like the small town Georgia boys and the small town rough and tumble types in general. The young ones are getting softer and softer so you kind of have to find those corn field, tobacco field country kids to get some of the old culture now.
    I can see suburban kids being softer than a hot stripper’s boobs, but if you don’t think the ghettos toughen up kids, you’re living in a shell.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Bub Means might be the best name in the entire draft.

Bullard is a pure safety, maybe a little bit leaning toward box than open field. But he’s kind of a pure fit next to McKinney.

The linebackers we drafted are long but not heavy. They’re fast. They’re open space guys for the position. Our next two safeties play tougher than usual at the position. They’re box types who profile more as big nickle guys than they do as full time starters. But we got four inside guys who are fly around thumpers.

We need another pure safety though. They’re just so hard to find.

I like what I read about this Oladapo kid. He's a Jonathan Owens type - big Safety but probably more athletic, also supposed to be a good tackler which was a weakness of Owens.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I like what they are doing on day 3. The guys they are picking are hard nosed self starters. The kind of guys who take it seriously and spend time improving even when coaches aren't watching. Worst case they help on teams, best case they turn i to something.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I can see suburban kids being softer than a hot stripper’s boobs, but if you don’t think the ghettos toughen up kids, you’re living in a shell.
    I have a 21 year old, 18 year old, 9 year old and my gf has a 10 year old. My sons go to rich boy schools and my gfs son goes to a lower income diverse school.

My boys give me a lot of insight into the newer culture. These kids are all stripper titty soft. The ghetto kids are sensitive/soft and all the kids are sensitive soft. The only places I see tough old school people is in the country. We go to eat with my mom out in the farm lands south of her house and those young people are just like what we saw years ago. But city kids are even softer than suburban now. Truly.

The tough ghettos are a thing of the past.

I really think if you’re going to find the rowdy tough kids you’re gonna have to go into the woods, the swamps and the farm lands because where there is internet there are butter soft kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I like what they are doing on day 3. The guys they are picking are hard nosed self starters. The kind of guys who take it seriously and spend time improving even when coaches aren't watching. Worst case they help on teams, best case they turn i to something.
    Kind of all the picks have been real tough guys, hard workers, culture tone setters and don’t have good manners on the field. They’re also all 7+ ras guys so we’re not talking about try hard Rudy’s or little engines who could.

I do think, not just this year, but the last few there is a shift. It’s not so many 9+ RAS scores after the first round. And there aren’t those below 6 outliers. The consistency now isn’t elite ras. The constant is football toughness and character. After that it’s good Ras or better. So there is a shift and it seems to be working.

Gutey said something yesterday I haven’t heard him say before too when talking about the 1st rounder. He said when you get the right kind of guy, he’s a lot more likely to reach whatever ceiling he might have. So you can hear some lean toward football character in what he says as well.

But they seem pretty stubborn not to go below a certain athletic point. They’re simply NOT drafting low level athletes. Just not being as stubborn about drafting ELITE.

Pick 202 Travis Glover looks like an OG conversion. Big dude, 6-5. 332.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Gutey said something yesterday I haven’t heard him say before too when talking about the 1st rounder. He said when you get the right kind of guy, he’s a lot more likely to reach whatever ceiling he might have. So you can hear some lean toward football character in what he says as well.

But they seem pretty stubborn not to go below a certain athletic point. They’re simply NOT drafting low level athletes. Just not being as stubborn about drafting ELITE.
    we give gutey a lot of love lately, but he's not god, he misses almost as many picks as other GMs do

his obsession with only drafting guys with high athletic scores is borderline al davis like

his 2021 draft was a complete shitshow

2020 draft wasn't any better besides the love pick

I know nothing about Monk or Glover.
    I watched some of Oladipo before, he's a fun player. Will be good on ST and he's best as a box safety. He's almost LB sized. Pretty good athlete.

The more I read about Monk, the more I like him. Dude has played everywhere on the line, two-time captain, good guy in the community. Agree with RG that he could be the C of the future if it's not Zach Tom...but I think that also depends on what Rhyan and Morgan do.

This Glover kid is massive. I have to think he's a developmental T. 6-6 is giant for a G but Zak Zinter is that big so who knows. I'm sure the stupid next day draft grades on him will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    we give gutey a lot of love lately, but he's not god, he misses almost as many picks as other GMs do

his obsession with only drafting guys with high athletic scores is borderline al davis like

his 2021 draft was a complete shitshow

2020 draft wasn't any better besides the love pick
    I wasn’t sold on him for a long time. Still not 100. I think he leaned a little too far toward elite athletes in the past but he seems to be flexing toward really good as a threshold.

There has been a shift. The Love pick and the last two drafts have me higher on him than I ever was in the past. I’m open to it being luck though. I want to see a few more years of this and then I’ll crown him. But yeah, I agree, there’s this weird consensus that he’s already been crowned and I don’t think that should be the common view.

The way the blows money on outside FAs is a little suspect too.

The Jets took QB Jordan Travis -- should Aaron Rodgers be upset? LOL

I wasn’t sold on him for a long time. Still not 100. I think he leaned a little too far toward elite athletes in the past but he seems to be flexing toward really good as a threshold.
    Yeah, I'm not 100% loving this draft although as a whole he's doing a nice job of filling the LB and S weaknesses by throwing bodies at it. For a draft class with a lot of OL depth, it sure seems like there's not much left. I think a LOT of teams went after it early.
    I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, I liked what they did in Round 2 and the R3 Lloyd pick. Oladipo is fun. Jacob Monk could pan out. The rest is a little head scratching... reminiscent of a Ted draft.

I wonder if or when he'll take a corner