Thread: Official NFL Draft Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) NFL Draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I wasn’t sold on him for a long time. Still not 100. I think he leaned a little too far toward elite athletes in the past but he seems to be flexing toward really good as a threshold.
    Yeah, I'm not 100% loving this draft although as a whole he's doing a nice job of filling the LB and S weaknesses by throwing bodies at it. For a draft class with a lot of OL depth, it sure seems like there's not much left. I think a LOT of teams went after it early.
    I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, I liked what they did in Round 2 and the R3 Lloyd pick. Oladipo is fun. Jacob Monk could pan out. The rest is a little head scratching... reminiscent of a Ted draft.

I wonder if or when he'll take a corner

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    ... reminiscent of a Ted draft.

I wonder if or when he'll take a corner

Definitely. Ted was pretty good about staying true to minimum athletic thresholds. But Gute came in and it seemed like the minimum went from good to elite. And then you ended up with a bunch of athletic morons with a few home runs.

Bigger faster stronger is important. Really important. But it can’t be the only thing. I think there needs to be a lower threshold than elite. Something more like really good and factor in football character and football intelligence a little too. But there is a point of low athleticism that no amount of football savvy will ever be able to able to overcome.

I think he’s evolving into prime ted. He took over and blew his wad in the pretty athletes and after those loads falling back on his face he’s chilled out and started to take better aim.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Definitely. Ted was pretty good about staying true to minimum athletic thresholds. But Gute came in and it seemed like the minimum went from good to elite. And then you ended up with a bunch of athletic morons with a few home runs.

Bigger faster stronger is important. Really important. But it can’t be the only thing. I think there needs to be a lower threshold than elite. Something more like really good and factor in football character and football intelligence a little too. But there is a point of low athleticism that no amount of football savvy will ever be able to able to overcome.

I think he’s evolving into prime ted. He took over and blew his wad in the pretty athletes and after those loads falling back on his face he’s chilled out and started to take better aim.
    If those loads fell back on his face, he was shooting them quite far.

So the Packers have two more picks, I think. Wonder what they'll take - another running back, maybe?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack