Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
All competition helps. But even without the UDFA's, you're going to have 9 guys (Doubs, DuBose, Heath, McGough, Melton, Reed, Toure, Watson, Wicks) fighting for possibly only 6 spots. It should be very competitive.

Well, Samari Toure has already used up his "my gosh, he came in with his body completely rebuilt; he looks seriously in shape and ready to make a big leap forward" story last year. He also looked really, really pedestrian early in the year when he had a real chance to make a mark. He looked lost - crummy route running, drops. Same as a returner - some bad drops when he was called upon to go out there and at least catch the damn ball. I have a hard time envisioning a camp in which he's so good he knocks someone else off the roster.

I also see this as a crucial season for Christian Watson. This is season three; the first two were injury-marred. Supposedly he's got some answers to help him solve his hamstring problems. I sure hope so. He brings a dimension to this team no other receiver does. But if he has another injury-plagued year, you've got to start thinking about drafting a speedy, talented receiver to replace him.

Should be fun this year. I'm curious to see how Grant Dubose does. A few Packerrats were high on him before training camp. Then he got smoked - by an injury.