Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
Fritz...and a lot of others. I have seen nothing to suggest that Rhyan belongs on an NFL roster to be honest. He lacks real power for a man of his build. He doesn't have very good hands. And his poor footwork has led to a ton of blown blocks. I honestly hope to god he isn't starting at RG when the season starts....I'm not even sure I want him on the roster.
I can see why you say that based upon how he played, and how most people graded him. PFF gave him a 51.7 on the season. I'm not ready to quit on the guy yet, because he improved last year. He's now coming into his 3rd season, and I think he has to keep improving to keep his spot. I think his marginal play is one of the reasons Gute felt the need to draft 3 OL this year

As for having a spot on a NFL roster? PFF graded JRJ out at 54.7 last year, which helps explain why he couldn't wrest the full time job away from Ryhan. However his grade did not prevent the Giants from paying him $10M/year. I think that speaks volumes about the poor play of OL in the NFL these days, and why a guy like Ryhan might get more time to get his shit together.