View Poll Results: Who was your favorite pick in 2024?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jordan Morgan

5 16.13%
  • Edgerrin Cooper

13 41.94%
  • Javon Bullard

5 16.13%
  • Marshawn Lloyd

2 6.45%
  • Ty’ron Hopper

1 3.23%
  • Evan Williams

0 0%
  • Jacob Monk

1 3.23%
  • Kitan Oladapo

1 3.23%
  • Travis Glover

1 3.23%
  • Michael Pratt

1 3.23%
  • Kalen King

1 3.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who was your favorite pick in 2024?

I voted for Cooper. The guys highlight film makes him look like the ultimate game wrecker.

Wahle is great. I'm surprised a team hasn't brought him in as a coach.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I voted for Cooper. The guys highlight film makes him look like the ultimate game wrecker.
    It will be nice to see offenses having to react to the Packs defense for once. Hoping this guy turns into something like Patrick Willis. Same size and speed and likes to blow shit up.

I hope Hafley is the right guy. With how much we invested on D in the draft and signing McKinney, he will have no excuses. Hiccups are okay, but boy it's going to be a huge letdown if the defense doesn't at light slightly improve...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Olidapo because it’s fun to say.

If we were voting in draft round value he would be my pick

But I always cheer for a high end LB. Hoping our 2 Speedy ILB"s can turn out like San Fran's
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Monk is my honorable mention. Go figure in a monster OL draft the 2 picks I liked were OL. Monk will never play tackle in the NFL, but I bet he plays a lot of interior football for us.

Walker, Jenkins, Tom, Monk, Morgan... I can live with that.

I think Monk is our starting C in his 2nd year; Myers isn't good enough to pay ching too. He's the C version of OG John Runyan
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I think Monk is our starting C in his 2nd year; Myers isn't good enough to pay ching too. He's the C version of OG John Runyan
    Even Corey Lindsley wasn't good enough for us to pay ching to.

The Giants paying Runyan $30M ($17M guaranteed) is them saying "we can't draft and develope O-linemen". Good for JRJ though. Seems like a good guy.

I tend to agree. Monk is a C first. This tells me either they don't plan to move Tom to C or Monk was just too much value to pass up on.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I tend to agree. Monk is a C first. This tells me either they don't plan to move Tom to C or Monk was just too much value to pass up on.
    Packers traded up to draft Monk so they definitely have plans for him. He didn't just fall to them.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Even Corey Lindsley wasn't good enough for us to pay ching to.
    He was once, 3 years, $25M on his second contract, which made him one of the highest paid centers at that time. When that expired the Packers went into the off season well over the cap and also had Aaron Jones as a free agent. They signed Jones and let Linsley look elsewhere for his 3rd contract.

Blog Entries

The Tom to C talk was entertaining but still unlikely.

How do you think Tom would love moving to Center ? Least paid OL position I think

The Tom to C talk was entertaining but still unlikely.

How do you think Tom would love moving to Center ? Least paid OL position I think
    I could see it happening next year if Myers is gone and Morgan and Walker look good. But to get Tom to stay past 2025, they would need to pay him more than the going rate for the top Centers.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Kalen King is my vote just because he should have been drafted in round 4.

Since GB will play a lot of 4-2-5, there is an opportunity for him....

I think Tom to guard is a lot more likely.

Morgan/Jenkins/Myers/Tom/Walker ain't half bad.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post

That's how I've been seeing it too, assuming Morgan performs in camp.

That was always my thought process. If you read my drivel you know I have always said he's a guard, but when the report came out they talked about viewing him as a HoF center so you have to consider it a possibility.

Its funny that everyone who thought Jenkins (who played a really good LT pre injury) should shut up and play guard regardless of salary disparity thinks Tom on the other hand will demand they play him where he wants.

I also think if Walker doesn't stay put at LT it will only be because he regresses. He finished last season with a strangle hold on the job, I don't care what "coach speak" is happening right now.

Most likely opening day OL will be

Walker, Jenkins, Myers, Morgan, Tom

That will be for various reasons. 2 years from now it could be the 4 of the same: Walker, Jenkins, Monk, Tom, Morgan

I think Morgan starts interior because while he has great feet, he doesn't always use them perfectly and he is a powerful run blocker who gets to the 2nd level. He also has some work with his hands that needs to improve before he stops NFL edge rushers. Both of those are easily within his ability to get right, but it takes time. I doubt he has ever had a great coach. But he has power and balance and that gets you starting at guard on day 1.

Where have you observed Morgan being a powerful run blocker?

I think Morgan is a bit of a project. I don’t see much of a chance of him starting at tackle in game 1. While you can see his athleticism on film, there also are a lot of poor tendencies that need to be coached up. Perhaps he starts at guard early, but I’m even doubtful of that. I think the Packers are fine letting him develop and mostly providing depth in year one. I can get behind Wahle’s opinion that Monk is probably more likely to get a start first because he will be playing the position of our weakest (and soon to be departed) interior lineman. Morgan may turn out to be better in time, but his learning curve will be steeper at tackle.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Mike Wahle agrees with you, KingF, on Morgan.

I read an interesting tidbit on the new safeties - the team appears to think both Bullard and Williams can play either safety spot OR nickel, while they see "Walking Boot" Olidapo as more of a box safety-maybe-free-safety type of guy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Where have you observed Morgan being a powerful run blocker?
    Living here, I have multiple friends who are AZ college fans so I watched several of his games. I have seen him block with power and I have seen him shield guys off in the run game. And I've seen him get to the next level and terrorize LBs more than once. He is a really good run blocker.