Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
2021 draft - Stokes being injured makes it a little tough to grade, but drags things down.
Myers is an average NFL starting C. Not above average, not below average. You can win with him, but you'll be looking to replace him. He'll get a contract somewhere, even if it's a 1 year deal. A bit steep to use a R2 on him, and over Humphrey but he's started a lot of games.
Rodgers was a bad pick.
Newman was a starter as a rookie and held up well, and went downhill from there. There's some value returned by a R4 OL who gave you 24 starts, even if half of them were meh at best.
TJ Slaton is turning in to a good player. He had some games last year where he was really good. He's a bit miscast in a 4-3 but he will absolutely get a 2nd contract somewhere.
SJC never panned out. I thought he was a slot CB but they tried him outside mostly.
Cole Van Lanen turned into the Anthony Johnson Jr. pick. Jury's out there, but CVL is still playing for JAX
McDuffie might be a starter this year, he's been solid depth and ST stalwart. Not bad for R6. A lot of R6 guys don't stay on the roster the length of their contract. He'll get a 2nd contract somewhere.
Kylin Hill showed promise, then he ran the kickoff out when he wasn't supposed to, blew out his knee, and got mad about his spot on the depth chart. They let him go and after a cup of coffee here and there I believe he's out of football. That's how it goes with R7 picks sometimes.

I'd give the draft a C-, simply because of Stokes being hurt, and the whiff on Rodgers. Myers and Newman have been disappointments but the draft as a whole wasn't a total dud.
It weren't a draft that gets you closer to the Super Bowl. Let's put it that way.