Thread: Grading the Packer's Draft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Where's the Fire Gute! thread?

As for this draft, things I like. We drafted football players. High character guys. I like Morgan and cooper even if I think we took him a tad early. Most of our picks have a lot of snaps under the belt so they are ready to play and easy to project. Another nice day 3.

Things I hated. We should have moved up to get DeJean. He is bigger and faster than Bullard. We could have used 90 with some late capital to land both coopers. Also, when we doubled up at LB Wilson was there. He is a.much better prospect. Ok, he's older. You will probably max out at 7 years with him. Big deal. Show me hopper (who I don't hate) at thee 7 year mark. My best guess is we won't want him starting.

We took a RB in 3rd who I think they view as a 3rd down back. The NFL is littered with guys like that. I hate that we really appeared to draft for need way too often.

Draft should have been more like.Morgan, Cooper x2, wilson, and still most of the other guys we got. Maybe we lose the RB pick in a trade back and have to take a different RB in the 5th instead.

Gutes has earned the benefit of the doubt, but I feel like opportunities were lost. I don't hate the guys we got, just feel we could have done better.
    Last edited by bobblehead; 04-30-2024 at 01:50 PM.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.