Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post

3 Rd 88 Pick B+
MarShawn Lloyd USC RB 5-9 220 8.62 RAS - I really like the player, and I did feel like he was the third best back in this draft. I had no issue where he was selected but with such a large investment in Jacobs and bringing back Dillion I thought they would have waited on RB later in the draft to pick up a developmental guy. Lloyd's vision is really good and had a crazy 7.1 yards per carry average at USC. USC ran a lot of gap scheme stuff with crazy amounts of RPO and option variants that might have caused him to run into relatively light boxes at USC. Also based on the offense he wasn't the number one option in the backfield with only 115 carries. Why a B+, I really like the kid and I don't think he was over valued, I just thought the Packers could have used that Pick to address other needs. I liked Elijah Jones CB that went just after the Packers selected MarShawn Lloyd, same with Jarrian Jones CB from FSU. Again I think he was one of the best Players taken in the 3rd round
A lot of people had Gute taking 2 RB's this draft, so I don't think they overspent on RB. Jacobs is effectively on a 1 year deal. Dillon is not guaranteed to make this roster, and neither is Emanual Wilson. They need to hit on at least 1 RB they can count on not just for this year, but next year too.

Like you I think they underspent draft capital this year on corners. This is an especially accute issue after trading away Rasul. They picked 3 safeties - rounds 2, 4 and 5. I know at least one of those guys might be able to play some slot corner, but still, do you really need that many safeties? We needed O-line depth, but 3 guys taken before finally taking a CB with the last pick in the 7th round?

I think safety and O-line are the top suspects for overuse of draft capital this year - not RB. I think there is a mild case to be made for not having invested enough draft capital in RB.

CB is a premium position for a reason, and I hope we've got enough draft capital invested there for this year. I personally think we'll need to be a little lucky this year at CB.