Thread: I wasnt high on our draft but after listening to Packer podcasts this past week Ive changed my mind

I wasnt high on our draft but after listening to Packer podcasts this past week Ive changed my mind

For one I was a Cooper DeJean stan and was against taking OL in the 1st round so you can guess how I felt after our first pick but I have warmed up to selecting Jordan Morgan. I dont think it will happen but one thing I want to throw out there is a lot of scouts think Jordan Morgan projects better at guard in the NFL, could we possibly see Jenkins moving over to LT and Morgan at LG his rookie year? Jenkins does have experience playing LT moving over when Bakhtiari went down and excelled at the position in 8 games. He is still our best OL by far so would make sense to put him at LT while Morgan gets some experience under his belt at guard.

Day 2 picks I think we knocked it out the park:

-Edgerrin Cooper was the #1 inside LB by multiple draft experts including Mel Kiper

-Javon Bullard was Mel Kipers #1 safety

-Marshawn Lloyd was Daniel Jeremiah's #1 RB

-Ty’ron Hopper pick Im still not sold on but he was a lot better during the 2022 season so hopefully we get that player. Also looking at his PFF grades one thing that stands out is his pass rushing grade, by far his best and most consistent rating throughout his 4 years in college. Can never have enough pass rushers on your defense and he'll improve our struggling ST unit.

Day 3 picks I didnt love at first but starting to really like:

-Evan Williams seems to be a smart player with a great feel for the game especially around the LOS, could see him in a nickel/linebacker role similar to Micah Hyde from a few years back. Also another play that should help on a struggling ST unit.

-Jacob Monk is an high IQ football player who has been compared to Corey Linsley, wouldnt shock me if he turns out to be our starting center in the future.

-Kitan Oladapo is bigger than Williams but has similar traits, could also see him in the nickel/linebacker role for us and once again another player who will improve our ST unit.

-Travis Glover is a 5 year starter with starting experience at guard and both tackle spots, performed very well during his senior bowl invite.

-Michael Pratt was projected to go as high as the 3rd round by some draft experts, great value this late in the draft and a guy I see being our backup QB this season.

-Kalen King might turn out to be a steal, similar to Hopper is another guy who played a lot better in 2022. PFF grade dropped from 89 to 60 last season but has only allowed 1 TD in the last two years.

Out of the 11 picks we made 7 of these guys were team captains, type of guys you want in your locker room. When we look back at this draft in a few years I wouldnt be surprised if you see 5 or 6 of these guys being starters for us.

Hopper is still my least favorite pick, so maybe that means he'll be great. I originally didn't like the Williams pick, but I've changed my mind a bit on that one. Glover is strictly a project. King is the ultimate low risk pick with possible high reward.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

King is exactly the kind of player we haven't taken in the past. When we took him, I immediately flashed back to Colt Lyerla. Nothing to do with off the field stuff, but just underachievers.

Welcome back, clown shoes.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Different Brandon. “Clown Shoes” lives in Green Bay. 494 hails from, Virginia?
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Yes sir, been awhile

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I believe Clown Shoes is no longer a 'Rat in good standing.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Way to be an asshole to a former poster who can bring additional content to this board.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston