Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ...

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    I hate Notre Dame. But I sure wish they would join the Big Ten, it would be fun to see them more often, and stregthen the conference. They already play Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana most years, might as well join up.
    I think they like being untamed, wild and free.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idle_threat
    I think they like being untamed, wild and free.
    true, the Catholics are always the kinkiest.

I hate Notre Dame. But I sure wish they would join the Big Ten, it would be fun to see them more often, and stregthen the conference. They already play Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana most years, might as well join up.
    They don't play Indiana in football. They did play Penn State this year.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'm a Notre Dame fan, but I can understand why some people hate Notre Dame. They force their players to get a degree. Elitist Bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    I'm a Notre Dame fan, but I can understand why some people hate Notre Dame. They force their players to get a degree. Elitist Bastards.
    And that's worth 20 spots in the rankings?

I'm not so sure would joke about the elitist bastard thing either. I've twice seen ND alums hand jobs to other ND alums who were nowhere near as qualified as the other candidates with the good ol' ND wink and nod. 80% of the ND alums I've known think they're part of some secret society or some shit just because they paid 10x more for their worthless degree than the average college student.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

I see your point. Wisconsin's wins over Bowling Green, Western Illinois and San Diego State are as significant as Notre Dame beating Penn State and Michigan State.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    I see your point. Wisconsin's wins over Bowling Green, Western Illinois and San Diego State are as significant as Notre Dame beating Penn State and Michigan State.
    Afraid to compare common competition on consecutive weeks?

You wrongly assume I think Wisconsin is underrated. That isn't the case. Notre Dame is hugely and predictably overrated. You ignore the fact ND got absolutlely spanked at home while Wisconsin went into one of college sports most intimidating venues and played better against the same team.

Claiming what happened against a subpar Mich St team as a "victory" for a supposed #12 is a bit of a stretch.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    if they joined they wouldn't get to set their schedule against every military school, school for the blind and mildly retarded. I'm a bit of a ND fan. mainly because i live pretty close to the campus and really never had a fav college team(except Wisconsin). but their schedule this year made me chuckle a bit.

The MSU game was a pretty exciting to watch. it was a battle between two teams that didn't want to win.

Geez, Whiskey, I don't follow Notre Dame football, but they seem to schedule USC, Michigan every year. Wisconsin has an easy schedule most years, maybe 3 tough games. The Big Ten usually has 4 cream puffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Wiskey
    mainly because i live pretty close to the campus and really never had a fav college team(except Wisconsin). but their schedule this year made me chuckle a bit.

Geez, Whiskey, I don't follow Notre Dame football, but they seem to schedule USC, Michigan every year. Wisconsin has an easy schedule most years, maybe 3 tough games. The Big Ten usually has 4 cream puffs.
    I believe you are saying the same thing he did, but his punctuation got in the way of his thought.

Unless I'm wrong, then yes ND does schedule high profile games every year, while Wisconsins non-conference schedule is ridiculous. Also they play the military schools each year, and Wisco gets to play Indiana and Illinois every year.

How many teams can we have in the big ten(11) and still call it the big ten(11)?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.