Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Latest Member of " the 2000 Club " and those on th

? HOFer
    yeah I just don't really care one way or another, it has nothing to do with my PMS

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Sooo...that would make you the one on the left?
    Certainly... neither of "the McKenzie Boys" resemble me MJZiggy.

Ziggy... Eye Doc... fast !

Haha... I really wonder sometimes what impression some American's really have of Canadians? If you people arn't over influenced by certain personality's that you become familiar with as you pick and choose?

I can assure you MJ, that I'm not sitting at my keyboard presently with a touque on. I'm actually this AM, finishing up some painting and so...

"I'm wearing a Lownesbury TRUCK Center Hat ". It's a hat.

I can't wait till the snow flys so I can wear "the Davey Crockett" hat... that Harlan gave me as a gift.

I'm just a DAM WASP ... as down to earth as you'll ever meet.

Nope... neither Bob or Doug resemble me. Handsome fellas though (I trust) in their own minds.

I'm going to have " a bit of a trip " with this post MJ.....

MJ Well...

maybe... your just not into "the Movies", or otherwise never saw a Pic ...
    of Paul Newman or Steve McQueen?

Nawwww , that can't be MJ ...

I sucked movies in from the time I was a young child. I've seen K's of movies, MJ. Some actors became people I admired ie Newman and McQueen (and more), and I adopted in their craft a certain part that I recognize now is what assisted to make me.

Actors, Authors, Personal mentors that I decided were suitable influences on who I wanted to be.

As a service for you MJ.:

Yes (no shit!) I resemble these two men but I am aging well (better than Newman to date... knock on wood, haha) I look young/vibrant for my age. I am fortunate for my genes and the way I live/lived life. Anyway, I do resemble these fellas but alot of people say I'm the spitting image of William Hurt, often I guess they are correct (whatever);

William Hurt Children of a Lesser God (1986) .... A movie made in my Home town of Saint John,New Brunswick (alot of movies made there in the last 10-15 years as it's a marvelous City with an incredible history and setting and attractions. Many tour boats visit Saint John each season.

Others by William Hurt that I really enjoyed....Kiss of the Spider Woman (1985) .... Gorky Park (1983) .... The Big Chill (1983) .... Body Heat (1981) One of the very most SEXY films ever!!Our intro to Kathleen Turner as she steamed in this movie as the ultimate femme fatale ... Let's get straight up here...Ultimate Bitch / Black Widow. Many excellent movies from this fine actor.

I guess, I do strongly resemble William Hurt but " the buck stops there".

I certainly resemble these two fellas more because it's not at all what is on the outside of man, as whats inside that may count.

Paul Newman fr. the Movie "The Verdict". (1982)

Quotes fr. Paul Newman:

* "I used to believe in brains and hard work until I met you."
    fr. the movie " NOBODY's FOOL ". ( 1994)

* "I'm back..." fr. The Color Of Money (1987)

* fr. the movie "Twilight" (1998) avec Gene Hackman that plays the role of Jack.Paul Newman plays Huey:

Jack: "F*?k you."

Harry: "Just me? And not the horse I rode in on?"

Steve McQueen fr. his Excellent Movie Papillon (Co-Star Dustin Hoffman)

Quotes fr. Steve McQueen ... That have influenced my life.

* " When I believe in something, I fight like hell for it. "

* " I worked (work hard), and if you work hard you get the goodies."

* " I live for myself and I answer to nobody." but GOD.

* " I'm out of the Midwest (Maritimes). It was a good place to come from. It gives you a sense of right or wrong and fairness, which is lacking in our society."

* "I'd rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth."

* " Life is a scam. " unless... your aware of " that fact "

I resemble these two men in many ways.

Soon after graduating fr. University with my B.Ed (Tecnology Education -Minor in Mathematics) I read the Biography of Steve McQueen written by his former wife Allie McGrar and portions of it got to me so deeply that i couldn't control my tears.They would literally flow out of me from the depth of my Soul.

Steve McQueen was alot (as I was...wild in his Spirit and heart) he was taken too soon for me as I loved his work.

Reading that biography set me on a course to today. I can look at myself in the mirror and see who I am and "say to myself"...your OK Ed,

but what I am is influenced by so many people I have loved / truly admired. I have had the BEST mentors, because I recognized them as such and I locked onto them,learned all I could fr. STRONG people..

I began this process literally before I began school. My memory a blessing.

Certainly... neither of "the McKenzie Boys" resemble me MJZiggy.

I'm not... as refined.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Psst. Woodbuck? Ummm...that was just a joke.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Kill the idea of a popularity contest.

Woody has my vote for most elaborate (nice way of saying long-winded without meaning insult) poster on PR. I could only dream of writing as much as you do in one post.

Truly impressive Woody! Not only do you have the lead for most posts, but you probably have it for highest wordcount too!!!

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

We need to bring back the clubs. With all these members we should have some entries into the K clubs coming up soon.

Patler is slowly approaching the 2K club.

FavreChild, rayand, gbpackfan, and OPF are all coming up on their posting Bar Mitzvahs (for FC Bat Mitzvah) of PackerRats posting (1,000.)

Woody and Partial are almost at 6,000! Congrats in advance to you guys.

Just joined Ras as a 3K club member. I'd like to thank MTP and all the posters that keep this site the best Pack site on the internet.

And remember, Post Nazis, we'd all have 500 more posts if Mad hadn't deleted them.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

ha! Ya know, I honestly don't think I am still caught up to the posts that where deleted. I was just about to hit #3000 and then we lost, Nov and Dec? Something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    ha! Ya know, I honestly don't think I am still caught up to the posts that where deleted. I was just about to hit #3000 and then we lost, Nov and Dec? Something like that.
    Some lost more than others. I lost about 750, but others lost 1,000.

Just imagine what Woody would be up to by now.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's too bad it couldnt have been the last 2 months of post instead. :P

I have think I have something for your idea BH.