• Little Ceasars

1 4.00%
  • Papa Murphy's

15 60.00%
  • Domino's

3 12.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Best Pizza, from a franchise

For chains, I have to go with Papa Murphy's. I prefer the thin crust myself.

Papa Murphy's is great because it is inexpensive, you can add further seasonings if you wish, and you can eat it in the comfort of your own home.

For nostalgia, I always loved Drag's Pizza in Rice Lake. I liked eating it both at the restaurant and having it delivered at home.

At family reunions, we make it a tradition to head down to Drag's for a pizza. We have to reserve a large section of the restaurant because as many as 30 of us will show up!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I worked at the first Papa Murphy's in Wisconsin. The first year the Family size was actually the Large, and you could get a single topping for 7.00. Now the Family size is like 10.00 bucks.

I wold rather eat a Murphy's slice than a Hut slice.

Back to the bleach, a good friend of mine worked at a Little Cesars, and he claims that he poured bleach in the sauce. He even claimed he went to the grocery store to get it at request of the manager.

Papa Murphy's by far is the best of those four.

Ultimate best pizza:
    Gino's East - Ontario St. - Chicago: The Chi-towners don't do much right, but that pizza is the bomb!
    Slab sausage, not chunks and actual slice of italian sausage is used as one layer. Have that with ice cold Goose Island, awesome!
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

We've got a local chain called Armand's. It is really good Chicago style pan pizza. Somehow light and cheezy rather than gooey and greasy.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

i love papa murphies, i just discovered how great it was a few months ago. to me its the best

i also like pizza hut, and you can never go wrong with the little squeezers $5 deal

i really hate dominoes

i use to love papa johns in college, but there isn't one within 4 hours of me right now, so piss on them

hungry howie also has some cool flavored crusts and hits me just right at times

Is there a good pizza from a franchise? Not one I have ever had.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    I agree. Saying Dominos or Papa Johns in the same sentence as pizza just isn't right.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

If anyone ever finds themselves in Platteville, WI...travel about 10-15 min. further and go to a tiny, tiny town called Kieler, WI. If you blink, you will miss it. Go to the Green House Tavern. They have wonderful homemade pizza and their burgers are great too.

? HOFer
    Steve's pizza is Platteville is dynamite too.

In the Milwaukee area, I am a big fan of Anne's Italian Restaurant pizza,
    there is another great place called DiMarinies or something to that effect. Mama Mia's has really good pizza as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    That's true. It's like saying if you want good seafood, go to Bread, I mean, Red Lobster

Agreed re: the franchise vs. the non-chains. That's why I mentioned Gino's in Chicago.

There's a local place in Appleton, WI and now in Neenah, WI called Stuc's.

Awesome thin, thick and deep pan pizza.

Though it doesn't top Gino's, it's darn close. Best pizza is a deep dish pizza called the Inferno. Spicy italian sausage, with jalapenos and crushed red pepper. Feel the burn! They make fantastic calzones, too.

Another Neenah, WI spot that's pretty good is called Cranky Pat's. They've gotten to the point that they're selling some of their pizzas frozen at local supermarkets.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean
    Another Neenah, WI spot that's pretty good is called Cranky Pat's. They've gotten to the point that they're selling some of their pizzas frozen at local supermarkets.
    Yeah, you can buy them at the local Pick 'N Save

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Pizza Ranch just opened here.

http://www.pizzaranch.com/

Anybody ever eaten there???
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean

I didn't know they were in Neenah. I mean, I only thought of them as a frozen pizza maker, which I have to admit, I didn't care for. Best frozen pizza IMO - is Home Run Inn Pizza, based out of a Chicago chain.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz
    Back to the bleach, a good friend of mine worked at a Little Cesars, and he claims that he poured bleach in the sauce. He even claimed he went to the grocery store to get it at request of the manager.
    I have heard about this at the lil ceasar's out here too. There is a reason they do it I just cant remember what I heard.

Best of the chains? Who cares? It is like being the smartest kid in the special ed class.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Best of the chains? Who cares? It is like being the smartest kid in the special ed class.
    Did the 1st place kid in your class traumatize you or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Did the 1st place kid in your class traumatize you or something?
    Yes, he wouldn't share is dominoes with me.

? HOFer
    Pizza Hut is pretty tasty. Why all the hating on the chains? I don't really think of chain pizza and sit-down restaurant pizza as the same type of food. They're both delicious in different ways. Good sit-down pizza costs around 20 bucks. Good chain pizza costs about 8-10. Two entirely separate types of food imo.

? HOFer
    I went to Satchel's pizza today in Gainesville. It supposed is the "best pizza in the world". It was pretty good, but not the best.

Bill was 30 dollars for a pizza that the girlfriend and I together ate 1/4th of.

It was kind of a cool place. It was very artsy. There were paintings in every booth, a VW van outside that you can eat in, and very weird menus. They had Jack Johnson playing in the background as you ate.

In the back, it had an artsy thrift shop connected to it. It was pretty cool.

Pizza took about 45 minutes to arrive after we were sat immediately. It was wait staffed by committee versus one person, and the tips were split. I found the service to be absolutely excellent other than the long wait for the pizza to cook.

The crust was spectacular on the pizza, but there were almost too many toppings.

I give it a 9/10 and would recommend it if you're ever in Gainesville, FL.