• Little Ceasars

1 4.00%
  • Papa Murphy's

15 60.00%
  • Domino's

3 12.00%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza, from a franchise

I'm different than most. I don't like Caeser's. I think Papa Murphy's is overrated. Domino's is okay. I like Pizza Hut. I like Sammy's Pizza in Green Bay and Winona, MN.

We need a beer poll. Leinie's for domestics and Newcastle Brown Ale should be on the list.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    My favorite pizza in GB?

Jake's.

Those of you who live in the area, is it still around?

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    I'm different than most. I don't like Caeser's. I think Papa Murphy's is overrated. Domino's is okay. I like Pizza Hut. I like Sammy's Pizza in Green Bay and Winona, MN.
    harv, what is overated about Papa Murphy's?????? huge pizza, all the topings you can immagine, fresh pizza, low price. unless they put dog shit on the pizza and called it sausage, how can it be overated. unless you don't like to cook your own.

Well, the main strike against Papa Murphy's (and ALL chains, really) is that their pizza is really *authentic* Italian. And they are bland.

But whaddya gonna do? Other than that, you are right, LW.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    this is what i had for dinner last night

Stuffed Pizzas
    Stuffed and topped with over almost a full pound of cheese on every Family Size pizza. It's topped with another layer of dough and sauce. The Family Size weighs over 5 lbs!

GRILLED CHICKEN & BACON STUFFED PIZZAâ„¢
    Creamy garlic sauce, grilled chicken, crispy bacon, Roma tomatoes and onion mix. Garnished with Roma tomatoes and crispy bacon.

IT ONLY COST $15!!!

Great Flavor!!, Great Value, DAMN I GETTING HUNGRY!!!

Oreganos. Based in Phoenix.

Have never had Papa Murphy's, but most national/large chains stink. They have no flavor. Produced to not offend anyone, therefore no one can truly love the pizza.

I'd rather get it from one of those little hole-in-the-wall pizza joints where the crust is crispy and the ingredients fresh, and the toppings!!! I miss pizza. They need better heartburn medicine.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Has anyone else been to Ion's in Madison? It opened up my junior year at UW and I heard they were opening a second store. The za is very tasty and has lots of entree type pizzas (think California Pizza Kitchen but with quality ingrediants and made fresh). That's the place I saw a fight with some drunks between UW players (including Bollinger and some lineman) and some frat boys. It was pretty funny - and the pizza was awesome. I wish I could get back to Madtown more often.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I'd rather get it from one of those little hole-in-the-wall pizza joints where the crust is crispy and the ingredients fresh, and the toppings!!! I miss pizza. They need better heartburn medicine.
    In unequivocal agreement. We have a place in downtown Phx, Pizzeria Bianco that is out of this world. NY Times writer said it was the best in the country. Thank you Mr. Writer, now a 2 hour wait.

When I went to UW, there were 2 that I ate more than any other delivery. Jims and Gumby's. Mostly liked Gumby's so I could order the "Gumby Dammit" pizza.

Uno's use to be alot better. Something happened to the chain..maybe it was all the focus on other items beside pizza.

I think the worst is Godfather's..they only seem to be in small towns or gas stations.

We don't eat pizza much but I don't care for any of ones mentioned in the poll. A local called Happy Joes is the best here now. However.....the homemade pizza we served in our bar/restaurant a few (ok, several) years back was THE best.

Not to abruptly change the subject or anything, but did you ever pick up that pressure cooker you were thinking of?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Not to abruptly change the subject or anything, but did you ever pick up that pressure cooker you were thinking of?
    pizza.....pressure cookers ...hmmm.

Nope. I managed to cook the meal I wanted to for my Dad without it. Now it doesn't seem as important. Someday I will try one.

Glad it worked.

You will have to let me know how the canning goes this summer.

I have to get my veggies in--I'm way late. I have to grow something to can first.

Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge
    My favorite pizza in GB?

Jake's.

tyler
    On main street, by the greyhound station?

If I'm gonna drive 70 miles for a pizza, I'll head to Amico's in Bonduel
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    We don't eat pizza much but I don't care for any of ones mentioned in the poll. A local called Happy Joes is the best here now. However.....the homemade pizza we served in our bar/restaurant a few (ok, several) years back was THE best.
    No, no, no.......the best is Bilotti's in De Pere
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge
    My favorite pizza in GB?

Jake's.

tyler
    On main street, by the greyhound station?

If I'm gonna drive 70 miles for a pizza, I'll head to Amico's in Bonduel
    All this dam pizza talk, and I've lost 18lbs the last month and am still on a flipping diet pounding water. I want sum Papa Murphy's !!

Shall we switch to salads? Wendy's has a nice salad series. I particularly like the Mandarin Chicken