1 4.00%
  • Papa Murphy's

15 60.00%
  • Domino's

3 12.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza, from a franchise

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Shall we switch to salads? Wendy's has a nice salad series. I particularly like the Mandarin Chicken
    Wendy's Taco salad is good too. After you go through all the work putting it together you are either not hungry or your lunch time is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    We don't eat pizza much but I don't care for any of ones mentioned in the poll. A local called Happy Joes is the best here now. However.....the homemade pizza we served in our bar/restaurant a few (ok, several) years back was THE best.
    No, no, no.......the best is Bilotti's in De Pere
    I have a friend in De Pere. I'll have to try that next time I'm there.

We don't eat pizza much but I don't care for any of ones mentioned in the poll. A local called Happy Joes is the best here now. However.....the homemade pizza we served in our bar/restaurant a few (ok, several) years back was THE best.
    Well, where was the bar/restaurant???
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Well, where was the bar/restaurant???
    lol a little road-side place in IL ...I'm sure you never heard of it. Had a bunch of land with it so we built some sand volleyball courts and had leagues and weekend tournaments with outdoor bands at night. Tons of hours but funnest years of my life! This is what I did right after college .....can still see my Dad's reaction to us buying a bar after I graduated....lol He loved it though....even volunteered his Saturdays to bartend and bs with the customers.

I used to like Papa John's, but they changed management here a couple years ago and kinda went downhill.

Honestly, I stay away from chain pizza places because we have too many good local joints. Jakes is the absolute best pizza ever. Since it's not by the stadium, many who visit GB don't go there.

Other great local places for pizza are GB Pizza Co and Gallaghers.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    You'd better stop by Amico's in Bonduel, like I said!!!!

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Okay, i understand that the normal Franchise pizza is not as good as the local dives, but my point was that i think that Murphys is the best of the franchises. typically franchises don't do anything as well as the local establishments, but with a franchise you will most likely know what you are going to get, from place to place town to town.

In order to avoid another thread, how about we discuss crust types. what do you prefer. thin and crispy, hand tossed, Pan style, Deep Dish, Stuffed Pie, or some other.

I for one don't think you can make a pizza that has too thick of crust. i really like my pizza that has a good crust thik and doughy. they could almost put my ingrediants on a home made loaf of bread. If i wanted a carboard box for a crust i would just as soon by one from the supermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    Okay, i understand that the normal Franchise pizza is not as good as the local dives, but my point was that i think that Murphys is the best of the franchises. typically franchises don't do anything as well as the local establishments, but with a franchise you will most likely know what you are going to get, from place to place town to town.

In order to avoid another thread, how about we discuss crust types. what do you prefer. thin and crispy, hand tossed, Pan style, Deep Dish, Stuffed Pie, or some other.

I for one don't think you can make a pizza that has too thick of crust. i really like my pizza that has a good crust thik and doughy. they could almost put my ingrediants on a home made loaf of bread. If i wanted a carboard box for a crust i would just as soon by one from the supermarket.
    I'm just the opposite, Whiskey...I feel that if I wanted to eat a loaf of bread, I'll get breadsticks. I prefer thin crust

I'm not familiar with where that is. It's been years since HWY 29 used to go through there, so I can't remember what is actually all in Bonduel. Other than horse carriages

I'm not familiar with where that is. It's been years since HWY 29 used to go through there, so I can't remember what is actually all in Bonduel. Other than horse carriages
    Alright, then you'll have to go to Bilotti's in De Pere with GrnBay007

I'm with GBM. I stay away from chains. Cookie cutter food is not for me. Even when I'm in a strange city, I'll look for the small local place as opposed to the chain.

I figure if they can survive with a chain down the street, they're doing something right!

Forced to choose, I guess I'd say Pizza Pizza.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Being one that has comsumed many of slice of pizza I can contend to many that have been mentioned here.\

Oregano's in Arizona is fantastic. I had a pie in tucson an it was delicious.

Steve's Pizza in River Falls was decent, I wasn't all that thrilled with it but their sauce was quite good.

I have of course eaten at all the one's mentioned in the poll, and I have to caution all against eating at some of these due to the fact that I have some evidence that these franchises like to pour household bleach in the sauce to preserve it. I think that is a bit disgusting.

Marty's pizza here in Waukesha is pretty damn good stuff. Good sausage

In Brookfield Square Mall, there was a pizza place called Luca's but it changed names to Villa Pizza, same stuff and it is the most authentic New york style pizza in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz

I have of course eaten at all the one's mentioned in the poll, and I have to caution all against eating at some of these due to the fact that I have some evidence that these franchises like to pour household bleach in the sauce to preserve it. I think that is a bit disgusting.
    Come clean (as in bleach clean ).....what do you know....give us the facts!!

I remember Villa Pizza!!!
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

We just got a Nick-n-Willy's franchise in Fondy. The pizza is pretty good.

I recommend the Magellan.

http://www.nicknwillys.com/index.php

However, if you were to drive to my city for pizza, I'd direct you to Bellafini's:

http://www.bellafinis.com/index.htm

If you are ever near Logan Falls, Utah you'll be doing yourself a disservice if you don't try Marty's Pizza. Oh My God. The hand-tossed crust is crispy, flakey - not that dried-out crumbly crap. No skimping on the sauce, and all his cheeses are imported from Sicily. Marty's specialty that really makes the drive worthwhile are his fresh anchovies, raised in nearby Salt Lake. Mmmmm good, he puts whole little fishes on there.

.....Geez, I get no props for bumping a thread from two years ago????

Lived in Onalaska (just outside of LaCrosse) for 5 years growing up, had a Happy Joes there. Great for birthdays, fired up the lights and a siren and your waitress with a big horn promptly announces to the entire place that you were a year older. If you like attention that was the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by twoseven
    promptly announces to the entire place that you were a year older.
    Not the place you want to be when you are celebrating the anniversary of your 29th birthday. :P

I don't call them birthdays anymore.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    For chain places, it's Papa John's for us.

I loved Gumby's Pizza in Madison back in the day. The sauce was fantastic

Best pizza though is my wife's homemade ones.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!