Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Favorite Alkie Drink

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    I used to bartend at that place back in the late 80s thru early 90s! It has seen MUCH better days. Has changed hands a least 4-5 times since I left there.

Was a blast bartending at the front bar with that old fire truck. I almost always worked the back bar. Slung drinks and pounded drinks while working.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    I used to bartend at that place back in the late 80s thru early 90s! It has seen MUCH better days. Has changed hands a least 4-5 times since I left there.

Was a blast bartending at the front bar with that old fire truck. I almost always worked the back bar. Slung drinks and pounded drinks while working.
    Cool! I left around '81...I was there after John Bergstrom had sold it to Gene Tellien, but I cut my teeth in Bergstrom's first Neenah businesses---the Post Office disco and the Gatsby House restaurant and Scoopers.

In my day the back bar was the sole domain of Dr. Timmy Long and Attaboy Dave. Their most infamous customer was Dangerous Dick. Dick was already polluted when he arrived, he spent a few hours smoking, drinking, and making strange observations, and then he would fall asleep. The back room bulletin board was decorated with a series of photographs of Dangerous Dick, unconscious and decorated in various outfits made of napkins, popcorn baskets, swizzle sticks, straws and fruit. Decorating Dangerous Dick after he passed out was a true art form.
    Last edited by swede; 03-27-2011 at 08:46 PM.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.