Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alkie Drink

Senior Rat Veteran CyclonePackFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    I just wanna say Happy Drinking to everyone toni9ght. Whiskey and Coke has me feeling mighty good. Fuck Jack, I roll with Evan
    Dammit my drinking buddies all had too much homework to do tonight. I did get a chance to be amused by a frosh girl whom I don't think ever drank before.

"Let's try mixing Peach Schnapps and Guiness"

I hope she liked how it looks, because I can almost guarantee she'll be seeing it twice tonight...

I'll just have to get smashed after I go see Dave Attell tomorrow night. I'm sure he'll put me in a drinking mood.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro66
    I like Beer... Sometimes I'm high... And sometimes It makes me feel mellow. Help me here Whiskey...I justa need to hear a..... Makes Me feel....Meeeellllooowwww........
    I believe your looking for Tom T Hall.

I like beer It makes me a jolly good fellow
    I like beer It helps me unwind and sometime it makes me feel mellow
    Whiskeys too rough
    Champaign cost too much
    vodka puts my mouth in gear
    This little refrain should help me explain
    as a matter of fact I like beer

I know it belongs in the song thread, but this is a great drinking song. Maybe the king of Song threads should start one about "best Drinking Songs" I don't think you can beat country music for a good ole drinking song. There is a song by Jerry Lee Lewis, What's Made milwaukee Famous Made a Loser out of me.

Cocaine don't make me crazy,
    champagne don't make me lazy.
    Ain't nobody's business but my own.

Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.
    You can drink all the liquor down in Costa Rica.
    Ain't nobody's business but my own.

Taj Mahal

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    Mad, i used to work with a guy that was from mexico. I think he had just recently crossed the river. He would talk about drinking tekillya, like most people talk about drinking beer. granted this guy was as big as a house, but that is one thing i stay away from, even the smell gives me a cause of the ya ya's.
    It was a buddies b-day and we decided to go down the La Perla's (in Milwaukee, on National.) I think in order to work there you must be related to the guy mentioned above, cause i have never had a Margarrittas as strong. After the multi pitchers of Marg. we decided to test each others manhood by doing shots of 1800. Our girlfriends (now wives) had to carry us out of the place. It was a long cold ride home with my head out of the window. since that day, i have never had a sip, and once i saw the tab, i had to eat romin noodles for 2 months in order to cover the c.c. bill
    HAHA good story!! Tekillya huh? I think it is great, but please leave the Margaritas for the senoritas!! The hombres dont play that!!

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyclonePackFan
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I have a bottle of coconut rum I haven't cracked open yet. I wonder what happens if you mix it with Kahlua...
    I've always found that some good coconut rum goes well with pineapple juice. Get one or two of those, a little tiki umbrella, and a warm day and it kind of makes you feel like you're not stuck in the middle of the Midwest.
    Ha ha, the funny part, is i dont live there lol yeah even tho i may not be able to legally drink, ive had most of the things uve said. although i still prefer Bacardi and coke

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Barnett
    I have a bottle of coconut rum I haven't cracked open yet. I wonder what happens if you mix it with Kahlua...
    I've always found that some good coconut rum goes well with pineapple juice. Get one or two of those, a little tiki umbrella, and a warm day and it kind of makes you feel like you're not stuck in the middle of the Midwest.
    Ha ha, the funny part, is i dont live there lol yeah even tho i may not be able to legally drink, ive had most of the things uve said. although i still prefer Bacardi and coke
    Yeah, you actually can go to a beach, you lucky bastard. The nearest thing to a "beach" I've got is about 360 miles away at Lake Michigan. It's all good though, I've got about a liter of UV Blue and about 20 oz of Schnapps I need to get rid of before Finals Week...should make for some good pregaming before hitting the bars tonight.

Yea i may be able to go to beaches but u can go to bars. Hell maybe if i was about 4 years older i could probly but at 14 i dont think theyll let me Damn

Yeah, you actually can go to a beach, you lucky bastard. The nearest thing to a "beach" I've got is about 360 miles away at Lake Michigan. It's all good though, I've got about a liter of UV Blue and about 20 oz of Schnapps I need to get rid of before Finals Week...should make for some good pregaming before hitting the bars tonight.
    UV Blue? Come on man you can go harder than that. How do you like Iowa St? I applied there but was never really serious about going there. just wanted to see how much money they'd give me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641
    UV Blue? Come on man you can go harder than that. How do you like Iowa St? I applied there but was never really serious about going there. just wanted to see how much money they'd give me.
    The Blue is left over from a friend who came to visit. The Schnapps is 101 proof, so I feel a little better about that one. I think there are a couple of places that have good cheap Long Islands tonight, along with $2.50 Jager Bombs.

I love going to school at ISU. Good atmosphere, small enough to be safe, large enough to find something to do. Wisconsin didn't have my major, so I was between Minnesota, Purdue and Iowa St. I didn't like the part of the Cities the U of M was at, Purdue reminded me a lot of Eau Claire, but only offered me a $500 scholarship, and I couldn't bring myself to go to a school that would play against Wisconsin. I came here, got shown the two brand-new buildings I'd be taking classes in, got a good scholarship offer, and I knew where I wanted to go.

Now if only we had a GOOD football team... (BTW for any Badgers/Badger Alums out there thanks a lot for Jamie Pollard, the man's a godsend).

What age did everyone start drinking? Is it something i should Really avoid more till im older?

What age did everyone start drinking? Is it something i should Really avoid more till im older?
    As soon as I popped out of the womb my Mom gave me a mojito.......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Sometime around 13 or 14. I would stay away from alcohol....concentrate on the hard drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Sometime around 13 or 14. I would stay away from alcohol....concentrate on the hard drugs.
    Haa. I belive im gana take a pass on the hard ones

Probably. Here are two very different takes:

http://www.alcoholconcern.org.uk/fil...Nov%202005.pdf
    http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/You...044360300.html
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

After considerable experimentation, I would like to offer that if you like sweet drinks, combining coconut rum and Berries & Cream Dr. Pepper yields a very interesting result.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

why is it that as the night goes on your mixed drinks get lighter and lighter. the stiff drink you the bartender mixed you as your first drink, by the end on the night has become as weak as water!!!

or if your at home making your own. each time you grab that bottle it gets more and more top heavy with each drink!!

Breaking news.... Leini's Berry Weiss is on the shelves!!! (It's a seasonal beer). I had my first honey bear last night and was in heaven!!

A honey bear is half Berry and half Honey Weiss. it's AWESOME !

Well THAT will be worth a trip to the local yuppie wine & beer store.

Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    Breaking news.... Leini's Berry Weiss is on the shelves!!! (It's a seasonal beer). I had my first honey bear last night and was in heaven!!

A honey bear is half Berry and half Honey Weiss. it's AWESOME !

i like lieni's, however berryweis is nothing more than a wine cooler. its kinda the beer for people who don't really like beer. beer isn't ment to be sweet. thats my take.

kinda like at the last nascar race i attended. (MIS). the skoal team brought down a big trailer with racing artifacts and other skoal racing stuff. at the end of the tour you are able to get free samples. well the newest product line is berry flavored chew. if that isn't aimed at getting newbies to start i don't know what is. I think it is terrible habit and tastes like crap, but even i could keep a dip in for a while when it tastes like cool-aid.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    After considerable experimentation, I would like to offer that if you like sweet drinks, combining coconut rum and Berries & Cream Dr. Pepper yields a very interesting result.
    I'm addicted to the berries and cream Dr. Pepper right now, which is a really bad thing. Too much soda is making me fat.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton