Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alkie Drink

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Whiskey, all of a sudden you have my utmost respect. I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Chi-town on a business trip and all I could find for alcohol (heck if I'm paying $5.00 a bottle for a beer and more than that for a good mixed drink at the bar) was a flask of Jack in the Marketplace section of Marshall Field's of a nearby mall (god bless Marshall Field's). Bought some Coke and set myself up. Being a fruity drink guy, I haven't had much tolerance for Jack & Coke and I still don't. Man it's icky. Hats off to all you f'ers who actually LIKE Jack & Coke! You'se a whole 'nother breed.

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge
    (heck if I'm paying $5.00 a bottle for a beer and more than that for a good mixed drink at the bar)
    I paid $6.50 for a pint of Smithwick's at an Irish pub in Glen Ellyn on the weekend.

<==glad to be back in Wisconsin where a $1.00 pint can STILL be found.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    Breaking news.... Leini's Berry Weiss is on the shelves!!! (It's a seasonal beer). I had my first honey bear last night and was in heaven!!

A honey bear is half Berry and half Honey Weiss. it's AWESOME !

i like lieni's, however berryweis is nothing more than a wine cooler. its kinda the beer for people who don't really like beer. beer isn't ment to be sweet. thats my take.

kinda like at the last nascar race i attended. (MIS). the skoal team brought down a big trailer with racing artifacts and other skoal racing stuff. at the end of the tour you are able to get free samples. well the newest product line is berry flavored chew. if that isn't aimed at getting newbies to start i don't know what is. I think it is terrible habit and tastes like crap, but even i could keep a dip in for a while when it tastes like cool-aid.
    True Whiskey, I think the Berry is too sweet. Thats why I like it half and half with the Honey. You should try it, although I doubt you'll see any Leini Lodges set up on the Nascar circuit....but I bet I could find a Pabst somewhere

JSM - you're in Chicago and paying $5 for a beer? That's pretty cheap, especially for a hotel!

And ditto on the Berries & Cream Dr. Pepper. Try the diet though. Dr. P is the one soda where I actually prefer their diet vs regular.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Barnett
    What age did everyone start drinking? Is it something i should Really avoid more till im older?
    Saw an article yesterday that reminded me of this discussion.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/04/he...153&ei=5087%0A
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

A nice cold 'Dark and Stormy'.

That's good quality Dark Caribbean or Bermudan ie Black Seal Rum poured in a glass, packed with crushed ice and toped to fiz. with quality ginger beer.

First one, then another, than another and so on because they are so good. . . and then in the sack with a woman with skills.

Another favourite with a proven record is a drink called. .
    'Between the sheets'. Women love this one. The ingredients are costly though but the taste and . . . ' the TASTE ', far exceeds a Zombie.

Oh yeaa !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    A nice cold 'Dark and Stormy'.

That's good quality Dark Caribbean or Bermudan ie Black Seal Rum poured in a glass, packed with crushed ice and toped to fiz. with quality ginger beer.

First one, then another, than another and so on because they are so good. . . and then in the sack with a woman with skills.

Another favourite with a proven record is a drink called. .
    'Between the sheets'. Women love this one. The ingredients are costly though but the taste and . . . ' the TASTE ', far exceeds a Zombie.

Oh yeaa !
    woody, you need to post reciept not just names. how the hell, am i supposed to know what is in a "between the sheets" or a zombie.

I love coronas! Also some damned vodka and oragne juice is just SO GOOD!
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. -Morticia Addams

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Tequila, straight out the bottle or in a cup. No need for mixing it with anything.

hoooWHAHHHH!! That shit is not playing around.

Harley FLHRC Rat Veteran AtlPackFan's Avatar
    Did anyone mention and Old-Fashioned? C'mon people, your from Wisconsin...your all suppose to be addicted to Old Fashioned's. Below is a recipie from drinkoftheweek.com. See the Wisconsin mention!

Old Fashioned
    More popular than cheese in Wisconsin

2 oz. Brandy or Whiskey
    dash Angostura Bitters
    3 oz. Squirt or Grapefruit Soda
    Maraschino Cherry
    Garnish with Lemon & Orange Slices

Mix with ice in an Old-fashioned (Rocks) glass, or a shaker for larger quantities. Add cherry and garnish.
    Bitters can be substituted for store bought Old-Fashioned Mix.
    Use 7UP for a sweeter drink.
    My house is in Georgia but Wisconsin is my home.

Your not suppose to mix ANYTHING with Jack Daniels. It's a sipping Whiskey and is meant to be sipped...you know, or chugged....not added to a mixer to dilute its wonderful flavor. That goes for Early Times, Jim Beam, Johnny Walker, Maker's Mark or any other fine alcohol based libation. (hic...)

OK, now that I am done preaching...

My favorite beer is Bass Ale but I love the stuff from the small Micro-Breweries. Is Point beer still around? I know Leine's is right? They do have some pretty good micro's around Atlanta.

I don't know if I have a favorite alcoholic beverage...I drink Tanqeray and Tonics and Old Fashioned's (of course). That's about it...I hate the fruity stuff.

On the encouragement of my doctor, I am drinking more wine. Of course I think that whole tannins, red wine stuff is BS but heh, when the Doctor says drink, who am I to say no? I find I like the dry reds more than anything but other than that I don't know much about the stuff...I drink what taste good to me.

(Sorry about the multiple POSTs...I'm trying to get enough in to change my "rat" moniker and so I can apply to the "Garbage Can".

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPackFan
    (Sorry about the multiple POSTs...I'm trying to get enough in to change my "rat" moniker and so I can apply to the "Garbage Can".
    start your own blog....you should get to 200 in no time at all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin
    Also some damned vodka and oragne juice is just SO GOOD!
    Of course, if you add Southern Comfort and Slow Gin to the Vodka and OJ mixture, you know what you've got, right? A Slow Comfortable Screw! But you probably don't want to do that...you'll end up with another "Uh, oh" post.

I will be in the Madison area next week, first thing I will order will be a Spotted Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPackFan
    start your own blog....you should get to 200 in no time at all!!
    He's over 90 days, I thought it was either/or.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Badgepack
    I will be in the Madison area next week, first thing I will order will be a Spotted Cow.
    Dude, if you're in the Madison area next week, the New Glarus Brewery is only about 1/2 hour away!!!

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/tour.html#directions

Thanks for the heads up Iron Mike. I know the area very well. If time permits it would be nice to check out the brewery, if not, I'll just enjoy the products. Can't wait to be back in the old stompin' grounds. Golfing at the Springs is another for sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin
    Also some damned vodka and orange juice is just SO GOOD!
    Why mess around with a screwdriver when you could be drinkin' an Alabama Slammer???

Alabama Slammer Recipe

Rating: 90 % (of 1298 votes)
    Ingredients: 1.0 oz Amaretto
    3.0 oz Orange juice
    1.0 oz Sloe gin
    1.0 oz Southern Comfort

Directions: Fill a mixing glass with crushed ice. Add sloe gin, Southern Comfort, amaretto, and orange juice. Shake and strain into shot glasses. Makes about 4 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Tequila, straight out the bottle or in a cup. No need for mixing it with anything.
    hoooWHAHHHH!! That shit is not playing around.
    <==drank too much Monte Alban after "Urban Cowboy" came out.

I could still probably down a salty chihuahua or two ot six!!!!