Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alkie Drink

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlPackFan
    (Sorry about the multiple POSTs...I'm trying to get enough in to change my "rat" moniker and so I can apply to the "Garbage Can".
    start your own blog....you should get to 200 in no time at all!!
    He's over 90 days, I thought it was either/or.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Badgepack
    I will be in the Madison area next week, first thing I will order will be a Spotted Cow.
    Dude, if you're in the Madison area next week, the New Glarus Brewery is only about 1/2 hour away!!!

http://www.newglarusbrewing.com/tour.html#directions

Thanks for the heads up Iron Mike. I know the area very well. If time permits it would be nice to check out the brewery, if not, I'll just enjoy the products. Can't wait to be back in the old stompin' grounds. Golfing at the Springs is another for sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin
    Also some damned vodka and orange juice is just SO GOOD!
    Why mess around with a screwdriver when you could be drinkin' an Alabama Slammer???

Alabama Slammer Recipe

Rating: 90 % (of 1298 votes)
    Ingredients: 1.0 oz Amaretto
    3.0 oz Orange juice
    1.0 oz Sloe gin
    1.0 oz Southern Comfort

Directions: Fill a mixing glass with crushed ice. Add sloe gin, Southern Comfort, amaretto, and orange juice. Shake and strain into shot glasses. Makes about 4 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Tequila, straight out the bottle or in a cup. No need for mixing it with anything.
    hoooWHAHHHH!! That shit is not playing around.
    <==drank too much Monte Alban after "Urban Cowboy" came out.

I could still probably down a salty chihuahua or two ot six!!!!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    YEAH!! Thats what IM talking bout playas! Skip the sweet shit, dont mix anything. That is like putting hay in a joint.

Whatever it is, out the bottle in a paper bag. Take a damn drink before you even put the keys in the ignition.

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Straight Jack on the rocks. Or a decent Irish Whiskey on the rocks (Tullamore Dew, Bushmills, etc.)
    Two excellent Irish Whiskeys! I like both of them better than the 3rd major player---Jameson's.

Straight booze on the rocks is the way to go.

Knob Creek is better than Jack's IMO, although look out---it's 100 proof.

Scotch is nice ... a true "Scotch snob" drinks it straight, with maybe a bit of water---not cold on the rocks. I am not such a snob. On the rocks is fine ... who wants a warm drink?

Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are the ones you can find at most any Pick'n Save, but some other good ones to try if you can find them are Highland Park, Oban, Lagavulin & Talisker.

And of course, the Brandy Old Fashioned & Brandy Manhattan are staples, with Korbel Brandy for best results.

As you might guess, with all this taste for liquor, I almost never get around to drinking beer!

Quote Originally Posted by the_idle_threat

Scotch is nice ... a true "Scotch snob" drinks it straight, with maybe a bit of water---not cold on the rocks. I am not such a snob. On the rocks is fine ... who wants a warm drink?

Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are the ones you can find at most any Pick'n Save, but some other good ones to try if you can find them are Highland Park, Oban, Lagavulin & Talisker.
    Why bother with the ice? Your nose will be warm and your throat will be hot by the time it gets down anyway.

There's another brand that's quite nice that you didn't mention but I can't think of the name of it right now. It was along the same lines as Talisker. Paint thinner with a woody finish.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    I think I prefer the ice because I'm accustomed to a cold drink. Then I sip it, and let it warm while savoring the taste. Sometimes I do the warm-with-water trick, and very occasionally sip it warm 'n straight.

Depends on the occasion.

There was one more brand I was thinking of too, whose name I could not remember, but I found it here : Laphroaig. Also a good one!

That's really cool, but it was Laphroig I was trying to think of last night.

Senior Rat Veteran Green Bud Packer's Avatar
    give me a shot of wild turkey and a pbr and i'm a happy camper.roll a doob and i'm a happier camper.
    Think I'll roll another number for the road.
    I HATE everything about the Minnesota Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Tequila, straight out the bottle or in a cup. No need for mixing it with anything.

hoooWHAHHHH!! That shit is not playing around.
    Haha! Those were the days.

I once drank Tequila for four days one night. Ripped!!!

Didn't even recognize close friends out that night, and tipped glasses of water at the table, for two more. The fourth day - I started to recover.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

"woody, you need to post reciept not just names. how the hell, am i supposed to know what is in a "between the sheets" or a zombie." Little Whiskey

OK Sir:

Between The Sheets 1 ounce brandy; 1 ounce light rum; 1 ounce Cointreau; 1/2 ounce lemon juice - and for a variation you can add anything with chocolat - that has some alcohol content 'of course'.

I'll warn you - they used to be yesterdays almost but 'not as stupid' version to estacy 'the blackout drug' Rotten - that any women would ever give that to a man.

Dam but the women love this drink Between The Sheets - Of course, you have to have $ the bucks $ - to afford the ingredients. Tank might say, it's all about that. HaHa.

A ZOMBIE - There seems to be a million-and-one Zombie drink recipes. Now you are really 'in the money' and are certainly a fine shopper, if you can mix these for anyone, and don't go on 'the cheap'.

Ready? Here are two of - the many recipies, Little Whiskey.

Don the Beachcomber Zombie

1 ounce unsweetened pineapple juice
    1 ounce fresh lemon juice
    1 ounce fresh lime juice
    1 ounce passion fruit syrup
    1 teaspoon brown sugar
    dash angostura bitters
    1 ounce gold puerto rican rum
    1 ounce 151 demerara rum
    1 ounce white puerto rican rum

Dissolve sugar in lemon juice. Shake everything well with crushed ice and pour into collins glass. Garnish with mint sprig.

Trader Vic’s Zombie

1 ounce silver rum
    1 ounce dark rum
    1.5 ounces orange juice
    1 ounce lemon juice
    1/4 ounce lime juice
    1/4 ounce grenadine
    1 ounce orange curacao
    1 cup crushed ice
    1 sprig mint, for garnish

Combine the rums, orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, grenadine, orange curacao and crushed ice in an electric blender and pulse for a few seconds, just until combined. Pour into the glass and garnish with the mint sprig.

YOUR ALL SET ! Practise - safe sex.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

"YEAH!! Thats what IM talking bout playas! Skip the sweet shit, dont mix anything. That is like putting hay in a joint. " MadtownPacker

Hey your da MAN ! That is so funny X 100. . and . .
    what would Jimi H. think?

Here's one just for YOU - fr. . .' the Maritime's - Party Central ':

If you's decide to take on this mission. Smack this back - ASAP! If it doesn't set you on yer ass, your already too drunk to drink, and you need pizza.

This drink is named - At Death's Door

It's sort of . . a RUM Drink. Eh !!

Recipe for - At Death's Door

Scale ingredients to servings (now this here recipe - is for one person)

1 tbsp bourbon whiskey
    2 oz anejo rum
    2 oz gold rum
    2 oz Jamaican dark rum
    4 oz 151 proof rum
    2 oz RedRum® rum
    2 oz spiced rum
    2 oz white rum
    2 - 3 cans 7-Up® soda
    3 oz grenadine syrup
    3/4 can passion-fruit juice
    2 scoops ice
    4 tsp sugar cubes

Add all ingredients except sugar cubes and bourbon into a chilled pitcher and mix. Add the ice last.

To finish take the four sugar cubes melt them together to form one large cube, (Screw that Mad - just add ice to please ya.)

- take the table spoon of bourbon pour onto sugar cube light it (carefully - drag your beard out of the way) and set it on top of the Ice in the pitcher.

Drink it out of the pitcher.Screw the glass.

Julia a Maritimer 'Lady' - said this:

"No one drinks like a Canadian, no Canadian drinks like a Maritimer, no Maritimer drinks like a Cape Bretoner!"

Of course, she hails fr. Cape Breton ,Nova Scotia, in the Maritimes - Canada.

I don't believe her.

YEAH!! Thats what IM talking bout playas! Skip the sweet shit, dont mix anything. That is like putting hay in a joint.

Whatever it is, out the bottle in a paper bag. Take a damn drink before you even put the keys in the ignition.
    Heck yeah! I like Cabo, 1800, Patron or Herradura straight up.

? HOFer
    mmmm brandy old fashion.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by the_idle_threat
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Straight Jack on the rocks. Or a decent Irish Whiskey on the rocks (Tullamore Dew, Bushmills, etc.)
    Two excellent Irish Whiskeys! I like both of them better than the 3rd major player---Jameson's.

Straight booze on the rocks is the way to go.

Knob Creek is better than Jack's IMO, although look out---it's 100 proof.

And of course, the Brandy Old Fashioned & Brandy Manhattan are staples, with Korbel Brandy for best results.

As you might guess, with all this taste for liquor, I almost never get around to drinking beer!
    Is that good brandy? That is what I use and its very inexpensive. It gets the job done.

Drowning your sorrows?

I like a good bordeaux..............straight up.
    But then again, any wine that doesn't have a twist top is ok too.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Drowning your sorrows?
    Not really. It's just beautiful out and I have a ton of booze left from Anna's going away party. I've actually been drinking a cocktail every night before bed lately.