Thread: Burst Appendix anyone?

Burst Appendix anyone?

I just got out of the hospital after having an appendectomy. This was the most painful experience I have ever had. It felt like someone stuck a knife in my side and stirred it around until the morphine kicked in.
    Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?
    Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.

Owwww. Sorry to hear that Blue. Hope you recover quickly.

"Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Thanks for the well wishing, I'm doing my best
    Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.

A few people in my school have had one.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

You couldn't post from the hospital bed or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Badgepack

The hospital had wifi but needed a password

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgepack

The hospital had wifi but needed a password
    Cheap assed hospital! With all the $$$ you and your insurance paid out free internet should come with the bed.
    Get well soon.
    C.H.U.D.

I feel your pain. When I was 10, I went through the same thing. I had been suffering from brutal stomach aches for two years. The worst part was that they didn't actually know it was my appendix until surgery. I had to go through a week of tests before. Numerous anal probes by doctors with big fingers, and two enemas. I cried every time. Hopefully your experience wasn't so anal intrusive.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaha
    I feel your pain. When I was 10, I went through the same thing. I had been suffering from brutal stomach aches for two years. The worst part was that they didn't actually know it was my appendix until surgery. I had to go through a week of tests before. Numerous anal probes by doctors with big fingers, and two enemas. I cried every time. Hopefully your experience wasn't so anal intrusive.
    sexy

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I submitted a grant that had an appendix that was 130 pages long, filled with figures, letters of collaboration, and publications. That FedEx package was bursting at the seams. Fuckers didn't fund me.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Re: Burst Appendix anyone?

I just got out of the hospital after having an appendectomy. This was the most painful experience I have ever had. It felt like someone stuck a knife in my side and stirred it around until the morphine kicked in.
    Sorry to hear about your appendix...but your thread title "burst appendix". Did actually burst?

Peritonitis is deadly serious.

Here's to your speedy recovery, and may you throw more TD passes than Big Ben since his appendectomy.
    -digital dean

No "TROLLS" allowed!

NO Thanks.. I'll pass.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Worst thing.

The poor bugger had to call a cab to get home fr. the hospital... as some dickhead stole the gas from his car, in the trailer park that he lives in, and now must relocate from ASAP... Life's the Pit's when you have rotten LUCK like BlueBrewer has been experiencing of late.

PLEASE HELP ME I'M FALLING...

May we take up a collection?

this advertisement: paid for by the BlueBrewer support foundation
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by ahaha
    I feel your pain. When I was 10, I went through the same thing.
    Me three. I had a ruptured appendix with peritonitis at age eight.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    Worst thing.

The poor bugger had to call a cab to get home fr. the hospital... as some dickhead stole the gas from his car, in the trailer park that he lives in, and now must relocate from ASAP... Life's the Pit's when you have rotten LUCK like BlueBrewer has been experiencing of late.

[img]http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/images/avatars/32631960944dcebe35137e.j

No collection necassary, I have health insurance, But the deductable is about $2000. That sucks.

Worst thing.

[img]http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/images/avatars/32631960944dcebe35137e.j

No collection necassary, I have health insurance, But the deductable is about $2000. That sucks.
    That isn't funny BlueBrewer nor is your run of bad fortune.

I really think that Canadians take it for granted that we have Medicare in OUR Country, therefore don't have the concerns of such large Medical Bills.

Indeed if we want all the perks offered in regards to medical care. We may option to also have a Blue Cross Policy, but Medicare generally gets it done. Except for the time we may wait to get to the top of the list for a procedure we are fortunate in Canada with regards to health care..

Except for the time we may wait to get to the top of the list for a procedure we are fortunate in Canada with regards to health care..
    Hmmm... Then, if that's the case, WHY are the doctors offices and clinics within 200 miles of the border in Washington State absolutely inundated with Canadians who voluntarily pay cash to be seen in the US? Everything from laser eye surgery to voluntary operations, to preventative care. It seemingly has no bounds...

Is it just because of the waiting period? Or is there more?

My cousin had his appendix burst, but he didn't know what happened and he waited until he passed out. Needless to say he almost died. Regardless of how minor this surgery may be considered, any surgery is scary. I wish you all the best in your recovery.