Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    You're not going to like my saying this, but you will understand ...

I laughed out loud when I heard that pick ... D.U. quit on his college team his senior year---actually stopped playing part way through the season because he didn't want to play anymore! That right there showed he didn't have the heart to make it in the NFL. And ol' Denny wasted a 1st round pick on him! LOL I was actually quite worried before the draft that the Vikes would get a scary infusion of talent with two 1st rounders, and Denny flushed one straight down the toilet! I don't remember who the other 1st round pick was, but I recall being unimpressed by that guy too. I definitely remember the feeling that the Pack dodged a big bullet with Green's crappy 1st round that year.

The only other time I remember feeling the same level of schadenfreude toward another team's transaction is when Dallas gave up two first-round picks for Joey Galloway.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idle_threat
    You're not going to like my saying this, but you will understand ...

I laughed out loud when I heard that pick ... D.U. quit on his college team his senior year---actually stopped playing part way through the season because he didn't want to play anymore! That right there showed he didn't have the heart to make it in the NFL. And ol' Denny wasted a 1st round pick on him! LOL I was actually quite worried before the draft that the Vikes would get a scary infusion of talent with two 1st rounders, and Denny flushed one straight down the toilet! I don't remember who the other 1st round pick was, but I recall being unimpressed by that guy too. I definitely remember the feeling that the Pack dodged a big bullet with Green's crappy 1st round that year.

The only other time I remember feeling the same level of schadenfreude toward another team's transaction is when Dallas gave up two first-round picks for Joey Galloway.

I think the Michigan State coach actually warned him too IIRC....Denny always did think he was smarter than everyone else.....although his AZ drafts haven't been that bad I have to admit....

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    You know, that's the thing ... I thought Denny was a pretty good judge of talent up that point. That's why I---as a Packer fan--- was so pleasantly surprised by his poor decision-making in that draft. Two #1 picks gives you a pretty good chance to find some quality contributors, unless you thorw one of them away on a sure-fire bust.

Ok, here is a rant.... as I'm trying to catch up on all the topics here, it seems like I can't go through a thread without reading about test and his drama. Why aren't these individual posts deleted?

I know we can't control what goes on at JSO, but here is the pattern that I see happening lately.... someone starts a drama thread here, it goes on and on and on...then they are finally banned and they start posting their "pity me" story on JSO. Partial did it. now test (Matt) is doing it.

If people are ticked off enough, here we go again with the posting of personal information. Not here, but on JSO. Perhaps, i am a little more sensitive on the subject and with good reason, but if we can put an ax to the drama threads here, the less likely personal info and insults will be posted on other forums like JSO. I'm sure many have read the postings over there lately, it's mostly crap that is copied and pasted from THIS site. Had the topic and posts be nipped to begin with over here, what would they have to post about over there?

Sure, we love the publicity of the PR name over there, as it's getting us more posters here, but this kind of publicity I could live without.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    Ok, here is a rant.... as I'm trying to catch up on all the topics here, it seems like I can't go through a thread without reading about test and his drama. Why aren't these individual posts deleted?

I know we can't control what goes on at JSO, but here is the pattern that I see happening lately.... someone starts a drama thread here, it goes on and on and on...then they are finally banned and they start posting their "pity me" story on JSO. Partial did it. now test (Matt) is doing it.

If people are ticked off enough, here we go again with the posting of personal information. Not here, but on JSO. Perhaps, i am a little more sensitive on the subject and with good reason, but if we can put an ax to the drama threads here, the less likely personal info and insults will be posted on other forums like JSO. I'm sure many have read the postings over there lately, it's mostly crap that is copied and pasted from THIS site. Had the topic and posts be nipped to begin with over here, what would they have to post about over there?

Sure, we love the publicity of the PR name over there, as it's getting us more posters here, but this kind of publicity I could live without.

I think we gave what you suggested the old college try over at CE. If you're too liberal with the ax, you'll have people screaming censorship and leaving.

And say what you will about JSO, but that site is still probably the biggest feeder site for new members here. Sure, there will be the periodic stinker. But we've gotten a lot of terrific contributers from that site.

I think things worked the way they were designed to in this case. The guy was exposed, contained and then removed with relatively little fuss.

while I agree in concept, Scott in regards to censorship, i don't think you can compare CE to the situation.

censoring on language and content is different from removing a post spammed in multiple threads. There have been a few posts were people basically told him to shut the hell up. I highly doubt anyone here would leave the site if those posts were removed.

whatever the case, i'm glad Mad has dealt with him being a distraction.

All you fuckers out there with your SuperDuty diesel trucks jacked up with 3 feet of clearance and gigantic fucking tires so that the engine that's louder than 4 buses can rumble and choke right in my car window better be putting that machine to good use, because I'm ready to get out and choke your poser ass to death when I see a truck like that changing lanes without a blinker, cutting people off, and the fucking thing doesn't even have a spot of dirt on it. What the goddamn are you using it for? Grocery shopping?

Oh did I forget to mention that BOSS decal in the window with Calvin pissing on the opposing brand's logo? Thats so fucking fresh and funny I can't stand it. GET ER DONE!
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

while I agree in concept, Scott in regards to censorship, i don't think you can compare CE to the situation.

censoring on language and content is different from removing a post spammed in multiple threads. There have been a few posts were people basically told him to shut the hell up. I highly doubt anyone here would leave the site if those posts were removed.

This site is pretty unique in that censorship seems to be abhored by leadership as much as it is by the members. There's no question that PackerChatters wouldn't tolerate this stuff. But I'm not sure we want to be PackerChatters. It's a free for all in here most of the time. And I think a lot of people like it like that. Yeah, there are fights. But it's not out of control like at JSO. It's a pretty good balance in my opinion.

It's a lot of extra work to censor posts, and when you do you subject yourself to lots of potential second guessing by members.

I thought it was kind of fascinating to watch members here stick up for the Bear trolls rather than compromise their values and side with Matt. I thought it said a lot about the character of the group. If Tank were here, he could have written a paper on it!

Folks, please be respectful of Skin on the highways.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

I thought it was kind of fascinating to watch members here stick up for the Bear trolls rather than compromise their values and side with Matt. I thought it said a lot about the character of the group. If Tank were here, he could have written a paper on it!
    Hey, we were all sick of their crap and are very happy to get away from it. But they haven't been a problem here and if they are, you know they won't last.

Matt was clearly looking to disrupt the place from the very first time he became a member here.

I don't think it's a fair assumption to base a fellow posters values based upon that.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    All you fuckers out there with your SuperDuty diesel trucks jacked up with 3 feet of clearance and gigantic fucking tires so that the engine that's louder than 4 buses can rumble and choke right in my car window better be putting that machine to good use, because I'm ready to get out and choke your poser ass to death when I see a truck like that changing lanes without a blinker, cutting people off, and the fucking thing doesn't even have a spot of dirt on it. What the goddamn are you using it for? Grocery shopping?

Oh did I forget to mention that BOSS decal in the window with Calvin pissing on the opposing brand's logo? Thats so fucking fresh and funny I can't stand it. GET ER DONE!
    how about the people with the "NO FEAR" decals ?

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar

WHOOOOAAAA!!!!! skin should be banned for insulting me like that!!!! just because that truck is clean doesn't mean all i use it for is picking up the kid from soccer practice!!! just cause i like a nice looking truck to drive to and from the mud pits, doesn't mean i don't know how to use it!!! remember loud pipes save lives! ban his ass to JSO!!!!

Senior Rat Veteran CyclonePackFan's Avatar

I paint one of those on my arm for football games. Mostly because I'm headed into some hostile crowds this year at Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas State for some road trips.

I have Sirius in my vehicle and was listening to the "hits" station. Apparently, Lionel Richie has a new song out.....

Anyhow, on the display where it has the artist, it said "Lionel Richie (Nicole Richie's Dad).

I'm like "WTF".....

Hello?
    Is it me you're looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by CyclonePackFan

I paint one of those on my arm for football games. Mostly because I'm headed into some hostile crowds this year at Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas State for some road trips.
    That's awesome, I've always wanted to go to an opposing teams stadium but it's kind of a problem with my parents. When I get older I want to check out the Big House and maybe Kinnick Stadium or the Horsehoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Hello?
    LOL - Yes..... My Endless Love

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Hello?
    LOL - Yes..... My Endless Love
    Well now I'm dancin' on the ceiling.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.