Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants

I wear a bluetooth earpiece, and it's a lot safer. The phone has voice dialing too. So it's no less safe then having a conversation with someone sitting in the passenger seat.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    While I agree in concept about cell phone use, I think there are more important issues that need to be addressed when it comes to driving.

That 80 year old going 45 on the Interstate is more dangerous than the person talking on their cell phone. How about having people retake ROAD tests every 10 years instead of just going in to the DMV and having their vision checked?

Repeat drunk drivers.... I mean we're talking 10, 11, 12 offenses...HOW are these people still able to get in their car and drive? How about some major prison time for people starting with their first repeat offense?

The cell phone debate is one that will certainly pick up speed, especially as more accidents and deaths result.

My take on the whole matter is not to outlaw them, but to increase penalties for those that do cause the accidents. Stop saying "no you can't do this or that" and just let people have the freedom to make the decision on their own. If they cause the accident, then be prepared to face the consequences.

Personally, i KNOW that when i'm on my phone, i don't pay attention like I should. If someone is just calling to chat, i'll tell them I'll call them back. if it's business related, I get to the point as quick as possible and explain that I'm on the road and will call them back when I get into the office or can pull off somewhere.
    Your points are well made GBRulz but on cell phone use in vehicles.

Noone to go there without a headset - both hands on the wheel.

It is nuts here. I don't think you could appreciate it unless you visited Montreal. A very beautiful and very large City, but the wildest drivers. Like the feeling of being bumper to bumper, in a stock car driver.

That's forced on you here, if you enjoy speed on the outside lane.Then the DAM cell phone users, with no consideration for the sensable people that have no need, to be Yaking on a telephone. . . . to whomever.

People in cars need to turn their cell phones off while driving at freeway speeds. Otherwise. . . they must use a headset or get their ass's fined heavily. Screw em, and bring the cost of driving permits down.

Camera's on the freeway cover that nicely.

OLD people and 45 MPH isn't an issue here.haaaa !

People drive really fast in the Montreal area,old (whatever that means)and younger people(age wise) and until you get used to the environment here that takes more time than just a weeks visit. . . you would be in shock.

I can't emphasize this enough.

This place is very very Fast !! Cell phone use on the freeway, isn't anything we need to tolerate.

Forget that.

No cell phone use in automobiles without a proper headset. . . no excues. . the penalty otherwise . . stiff fines.

Screw em !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I wear a bluetooth earpiece, and it's a lot safer. The phone has voice dialing too. So it's no less safe then having a conversation with someone sitting in the passenger seat.
    Scott you do that as you are a responsible driver I expect.

I have no idea what technology is out there to make cell phone use safer.I would never have a cell phone period. . as I don't want anyone tracking me down when I'm occupied with things away fr. home.

Any emergency situation or need of a call away fr. HOME is covered by 25 cents and a pay phone.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Woody, are payphones still plentiful in Canada? Phone companies are removing them left and right here because their upkeep and maintenence costs are just too great because very few people use them.

Quote Originally Posted by jack's smirking revenge
    RANT: Wall-thumping at hotels. So I'm sitting in my hotel typing away at Packer Rats, having a bevreage and having a swell time. I'm getting sleepy and I'm thinking its time to drift of to sleepytown. All of a sudden, I hear this really loud thumping. I go to the bathroom to check out the pipes and realize it's not the pipes. It's coming from down the hall. The cadence is rythmical, as if someone is pounding away at a wall. It occurs to me that someone nearby is having far more fun than I'm having.

The sound is pretty dang annoying and will probably keep me from falling asleep. What's worse? The fact that I'm actually considering shelling out an outrageous $15.00 to watch a skin flick just so I don't feel lonely.

Woe is me...

tyler
    LIFE is....TOUGH, tyler.

Quote Originally Posted by jack's smirking revenge
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge
    RANT: Wall-thumping at hotels. So I'm sitting in my hotel typing away at Packer Rats, having a bevreage and having a swell time. I'm getting sleepy and I'm thinking its time to drift of to sleepytown. All of a sudden, I hear this really loud thumping. I go to the bathroom to check out the pipes and realize it's not the pipes. It's coming from down the hall. The cadence is rythmical, as if someone is pounding away at a wall. It occurs to me that someone nearby is having far more fun than I'm having.

The sound is pretty dang annoying and will probably keep me from falling asleep. What's worse? The fact that I'm actually considering shelling out an outrageous $15.00 to watch a skin flick just so I don't feel lonely.

Woe is me...

tyler
    $15 to watch skin? you should consult B on this matter
    Unfortunately, that's the hotel price. Heck, every movie costs around that much on PPV. An update to the story: I passed out and didn't spend the $15.

tyler
    ahhh. . . you were a good boy that night.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike
    I'm pissed......

Well, to make a long story short, I just got back from the vet and found out that my dog has Sarcoptic Mange. The scary thing is, yes, it can be passed to humans but it doesn't live long.
    IIRC, it's the parasite that causes scabies:

GBRulz:

My sympathy to you for having a dog that is inflicted with " the Devils Mange '. . Sarcoptic Mange.

I once bred Pembroke Welsh Corgi's. .. and my first bitch had that terrible mange to have to deal with. It's somehow as I re-call it stress related and can run moreso in certain breeds I don't re-call it being deemed contagious.

I dealt with it by religiously applying the medication perscribed to the infected area after the injections.Mostly in my Corgi's case, the lip area as I recall it, and also to some extent her body.That was 33 years ago.Too many dead brain cells.haha.

I was able to lick it but it took awhile.Something less than a year.That was a long time ago, when I resided in Ontario where I acquired my first bitch.

Stay on top of it GBRulz and TRUST it will be beaten . .go away. . . as you treat this ugly form of mange with determination.

Good Luck and my sincere sympathy for your problem.

Woody, are payphones still plentiful in Canada? Phone companies are removing them left and right here because their upkeep and maintenence costs are just too great because very few people use them.
    Yes they are GBRulz but I'm afraid as the market for cell phones saturates the phone company's may collude with cell phone manufacturer's and reduce their prevalence to entice all people into acquiring cell phones.

There is of course some vandalism of payphones but that doesn't predominate here. No problem to date to use a pay phone.

It really amazes me GBRulz, that so may young people are out there walking and talking on cel phones and fr. that doing the same while driving.

I respect that from a business standpoint people like you, need cell phones to enable efficiency in your work; but the general public using them and driving is BAD!

Something will be done to stop that in Canada, in the next 5 years I'm trusting. There is now alot of concern from the public on this matter.

Property damage and death results from this abuse.

thank you SO much for bringing that damn picture of that disgusting bug on to this page, Woody!

Here's a rant: Bluetooth earpieces. Now I have no problem with people that talk on them in their car, or talk on them quietly, but for God's sake people, we don't give a shit about your conversation. For example, I was at Publix(grocery store) yesterday. I'm heading for some Count Chocula(the cereal I eat with my John Collins in the morning ) and there's this 40 year old guy next to me and he is annoying the hell out of me. Here's how his conversation went.

"You want what? You want Apple-You want apple jacks? DO YOU WANT APPLE JACKS! You do, okay, ummm, they only have the big box, you can't eat that much. No, no, you can't eat that, Molly. Do you want Fruit loops?DO YOU WANT FRUIT LOOPS, MOLLY? You do, wait, you do or you don't? You do? Ok, I'll be home soon, okay bye."

He was so fucking annoying And he was practically shouting the whole time. Dude, quiet down. He was almost annoying as this guy I saw at the airport on Sunday. He was in Starbucks and he had obviously been given a promotion, and he was making everybody know. "Thank you, sir. I really appreciate the promotion. I'm really happy I got this promotion. This promotion means a lot to me."

Congrats dude, you got promoted, we don't need to hear that.

Okay, I'm done.[/b]
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Campbells prediction of the week:

BallHawk will have his own headset within 5 years, though it will be 2 or 3 more before he embarrasses himself at the grocery store with it.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    what pisses me off is these damn people that wear that those things like they are part of their wardrobe. wtf!!! put in in your ear when you are actually talking to some one.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    Campbells prediction of the week:

BallHawk will have his own headset within 5 years, though it will be 2 or 3 more before he embarrasses himself at the grocery store with it.
    Yea right !

I can't stand the damn "chirp" of the Nextel phones. I was at the store once and this guy was having a conversation on it. As I'm sure you all know, when using the walkie-talkie feature, you can hear the whole conversation. well, this went on for like 5 minutes, he was just pacing up and down the isles talking. Finally I said "sir, do we ALL need to hear your conversation?" This one lady goes "Amen, sista" hehe.

I have a friend who worked at the service counter at a dept store. It was after Xmas, so the lines were of course very long. This lady was next in line and she had the nerve to tell my friend to "hold on a minute". So my friend says "can I help the next in line please"....well, I guess this lady threw a fit because basically she lost her place in line. the manager had to be called and well, this lady got pushed to the end of the line.

Ok, cell phone rant #3..... my boss was interviewing someone and their cell phone went off. She told my boss to "hold on" while she proceeded to answer her phone and told her friend that she was in an interview and they would have to talk later. Think that girl got the job? Negative, Ghostrider!

I don't think it's so much that we're annoyed with cell phones, I think it's the whole etiquette factor, er, lack of that most people posess.

I can't stand the damn "chirp" of the Nextel phones. I was at the store once and this guy was having a conversation on it. As I'm sure you all know, when using the walkie-talkie feature, you can hear the whole conversation. well, this went on for like 5 minutes, he was just pacing up and down the isles talking. Finally I said "sir, do we ALL need to hear your conversation?" This one lady goes "Amen, sista" hehe.

I have a friend who worked at the service counter at a dept store. It was after Xmas, so the lines were of course very long. This lady was next in line and she had the nerve to tell my friend to "hold on a minute". So my friend says "can I help the next in line please"....well, I guess this lady threw a fit because basically she lost her place in line. the manager had to be called and well, this lady got pushed to the end of the line.

Ok, cell phone rant #3..... my boss was interviewing someone and their cell phone went off. She told my boss to "hold on" while she proceeded to answer her phone and told her friend that she was in an interview and they would have to talk later. Think that girl got the job? Negative, Ghostrider!

I don't think it's so much that we're annoyed with cell phones, I think it's the whole etiquette factor, er, lack of that most people posess.
    Alot of SOLID ranting on this Rant thread.

It's all good. . . get it out.

Clennssse . . YOURSELVES.

Rant number 2- Kids that think their superior to others because they spend more money on clothes. Now I like the preppy clothes, Hollister, A&E, etc. But I don't put all my money on it. I put it towards useful things. There's a store called Aeropostale which sells the same style of clothing, just at a much cheaper price. Of course, the spoiled brats regard this as "wanna be preps." They think that they have to spend more money for it to be cool; even though the shirts are made in the same sweatshop in Nicaguara, with the same material and just have different names stiched on it. The youth of today...

ballhawk, are you sure you didn't have a dislexic moment when you said you were 14....and meant to say 41?

You ought to be commended for being a very good kid! John Collins & all!

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Rant number 2- Kids that think their superior to others because they spend more money on clothes. Now I like the preppy clothes, Hollister, A&E, etc. But I don't put all my money on it. I put it towards useful things. There's a store called Aeropostale which sells the same style of clothing, just at a much cheaper price. Of course, the spoiled brats regard this as "wanna be preps." They think that they have to spend more money for it to be cool; even though the shirts are made in the same sweatshop in Nicaguara, with the same material and just have different names stiched on it. The youth of today...
    [size=18]13 going on 43 ![/size]

BallHawk. You kill me.

May I hang with YOU?

My rant is that my local FOX affiliate is NOT airing the Packer/Bear game! I mean, c'mon!! There are only three games to choose from:

GB/CHI
    JAX/DAL
    SF/ARI

Those stupid SOBs!!

And before you start lecturing me about Sunday Ticket, that is not an option for me. I live in a wooded area that cannot receive the satellite feed. I almost didn't move here due to that fact. But what can I do about it?? Not a damn thing.

So, to a crappy sports bar with no sound I go.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    BallHawk. You kill me.

May I hang with YOU?
    Why of course Woody, shall I suggest we meet for a meal at Gibby's in Old Montreal. BYOW!