Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    ballhawk, are you sure you didn't have a dislexic moment when you said you were 14....and meant to say 41?

You ought to be commended for being a very good kid! John Collins & all!
    Thanks GB.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    My rant is that my local FOX affiliate is NOT airing the Packer/Bear game! I mean, c'mon!! There are only three games to choose from:

GB/CHI
    JAX/DAL
    SF/ARI

Those stupid SOBs!!

And before you start lecturing me about Sunday Ticket, that is not an option for me. I live in a wooded area that cannot receive the satellite feed. I almost didn't move here due to that fact. But what can I do about it?? Not a damn thing.

So, to a crappy sports bar with no sound I go.
    I know your pain. That's what I had to do until I had a kid and dTV became a bit more mandatory. We used to take a radio in case we didn't have sound.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    thank you SO much for bringing that damn picture of that disgusting bug on to this page, Woody!
    Are you blaming the wrong guy??

<==someone here misses his corgi......

Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Now I like the preppy clothes, Hollister, A&E, etc. But I don't put all my money on it. I put it towards useful things.
    Here's the point, BH....a little geography lesson:

Next time you see someone wearing a t-shirt that says "Hollister Beach Wear," you can have a little laugh because here's the truth....

Hollister is located about 25 miles from any kind of beach:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/do5mapx.htm

And the closest beach is in Watsonville......trust me, you DON'T want to swim there.

My back is frickin killing me and I'm out of pain killers.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    I figured it was time to dust off this oldie but a goody of a thread

this weekend i was in chicago and on the way back home i ran into some crazy lake effect snow! indiana had white out conditions. i was driving about 10 mph like every one else on the road. and there is always this idiot in a jacked up truck who thinks he can still go 75 "cause he's got four wheel drive". needless to say this idiot lost control and spun across the three lanes of traffic. i'm going to guess he got more than a one, single figured salutes!!

Freaking lazy SOBs who leave shopping carts scattered all over the parking lots of America! Get off yo fat ass and push that sucker back to the store! You could use the exercise!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Freaking lazy SOBs who leave shopping carts scattered all over the parking lots of America! Get off yo fat ass and push that sucker back to the store! You could use the exercise!
    AGREED!!!!!! This shit pisses me off!! Damn parking lot looks like an obstacle course most of the time. Didnt they use to hire people to pick the damn things up?

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by BallHawk
    Rant number 2- Kids that think their superior to others because they spend more money on clothes. Now I like the preppy clothes, Hollister, A&E, etc. But I don't put all my money on it. I put it towards useful things. There's a store called Aeropostale which sells the same style of clothing, just at a much cheaper price. Of course, the spoiled brats regard this as "wanna be preps." They think that they have to spend more money for it to be cool; even though the shirts are made in the same sweatshop in Nicaguara, with the same material and just have different names stiched on it. The youth of today...
    Now clothes are one thing I don't skimp on. Cannot ignore the higher quality material in the higher quality shops. I buy all my clothes on eBay at a greatly discounted rate, but I do get mostly nice stuff like banana republic and guess, because the quality is much higher than that of a shirt from kohls department store or jcpenney.

? HOFer
    I must say this was my most fun job ever. I was the cart boy for a summer. I recall one time when my partner and I had a cashier, who happened to be an offensive linemen for la-crosses football team during the school year, come out and push a train of 100 carts. It was glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    I must say this was my most fun job ever. I was the cart boy for a summer. I recall one time when my partner and I had a cashier, who happened to be an offensive linemen for la-crosses football team during the school year, come out and push a train of 100 carts. It was glorious.
    I see the Costco cart people do that...with a machine!

IDK if it's the time of year, or what......but my rant has to do with idiots calling a place of business with NO clue about what that business entails.

For your consideration:

Me: "Medical Examiner's Office, this is Mike speaking"

Caller: "Yes, I wonder if you do testing there?"

Me: "Whatever testing we need done is usually sent to a reference laboratory.....could you tell me what type of testing you need performed?"

Caller: "Mmmm.......an std test."

Me: "And what would be the date of death for the person you would like to be tested?" (The next comment will be that we can't perform diagnostic testing based upon the desire of the public, it has to be ordered by a physician or court system)

Caller: "Oh, no.......this is for me."

Me: "I'm sorry, you should probably be trying to speak with the County Health Department"

Caller: "OK"

Me: (thinks to self) "I guess that guy just opened the phone book, saw 'Medical' and figured 'this must be the place'"

<==there's five minutes of my life I'll never get back..

And yesterday:

Caller: "Yes, I'd like to schedule a visitation"

Me: "I'm sorry, usually after a decedent is here, they are sent to a funeral home for viewing" (Next comment will be how we will allow viewing for next-of-kin only, with a suggestion that viewing at a funeral home be preferred)

Caller: "Wait a minute, this ISN'T the jail?"

Me: "Ummm, no--this is the Medical Examiner's Office"

Caller: "I'll try again"

Me: (thinks to self) "Yeah, try again...and this time look for the word 'JAIL' in the phone book"

Me: (thinks to self) "Maybe if these people had JOBS, they would not be able to get on the phone and wreak havoc with their stupidity.

That's funny!

This isn't a rant, actually it's pretty comical. My telephone number is one number different from that of a large physicians office here. You wouldn't believe the amount of messages I get from people trying to call their Doctor's office. First off, don't they think it's odd that they are trying to call their doctor during business hours and get a message? Secondly, if there was a message system used, wouldn't it identify their office/business? It's amazing the messages people will leave concerning their health problems. I also get frequent messages meant for one of the doctors concerning changes made in his tennis lessons....lol

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike
    IDK if it's the time of year, or what......but my rant has to do with idiots calling a place of business with NO clue about what that business entails.

For your consideration:

Caller: "Yes, I wonder if you do testing there?"

Me: "Whatever testing we need done is usually sent to a reference laboratory.....could you tell me what type of testing you need performed?"

Caller: "Mmmm.......an std test."

Me: "And what would be the date of death for the person you would like to be tested?" (The next comment will be that we can't perform diagnostic testing based upon the desire of the public, it has to be ordered by a physician or court system)

Caller: "Oh, no.......this is for me."

Me: "I'm sorry, you should probably be trying to speak with the County Health Department"

Caller: "OK"

Me: (thinks to self) "I guess that guy just opened the phone book, saw 'Medical' and figured 'this must be the place'"

<==there's five minutes of my life I'll never get back..

And yesterday:

Caller: "Yes, I'd like to schedule a visitation"

Me: "I'm sorry, usually after a decedent is here, they are sent to a funeral home for viewing" (Next comment will be how we will allow viewing for next-of-kin only, with a suggestion that viewing at a funeral home be preferred)

Caller: "Wait a minute, this ISN'T the jail?"

Me: "Ummm, no--this is the Medical Examiner's Office"

Caller: "I'll try again"

Me: (thinks to self) "Yeah, try again...and this time look for the word 'JAIL' in the phone book"

Me: (thinks to self) "Maybe if these people had JOBS, they would not be able to get on the phone and wreak havoc with their stupidity.
    You should answer the phone "Medical Examiner's Office, this is Iron Mike speaking"

? HOFer
    shin splints. That's all.

Just as I am hitting my running stride, too. Damn weak lower-leg bones (tibia or fibula, something like that? ) . Back to the heavy bag and elliptical for me.

Partial, have you tried new shoes? Also, there's supposed to be a brace you can wear but I don't know if it really helps or not.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

The straps that you wear right below the knee's helps shin splints. I get them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Yeah, those are what I'm talking about...

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    my partner and I had a cashier, who happened to be an offensive linemen for la-crosses football team

don't ask.....don't tell.....i always thought lacross was an eastern version of Sanfransisco.

I'm just really pissed that I have nothing to rant about right now...