Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Rants

You can borrow my dog. Then she'll know what a dog barking actually sounds like...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    the bitch neighbor saga continues......

So, I'm in the front yard trimming some trees and shrubs and my dog Bretta is sitting on the couch like always, looking out the window to the front yard. It's a nice day so the windows are open.

Someone walking a dog goes past and Bretta let out one quick "woof" and my neighbor yelled at Bretta (yes the same one that came over at midnight a few weeks ago to tell me Bretta's barking is out of control). I stepped out from behind the shrubs and glared, shook my head and said "is there a problem?". She didn't say anything. I'm really getting sick of this crap. I hope to God she is only home from college and will be leaving. I also think that her Mom doesn't even know that she came over that one night. I hate to cause bad blood with a neighbor because of a dog, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I think I should go egg her car
    Never say 'because of a dog.........that's YOUR dog.
    I've got three, and when my husband travels, I sleep well at night, no alarm system needed.

Your dog is simply doing her job. Tell 'coed' ...to go back to school....I'm sure the dorms are much quieter.

Blog Entries
    the bitch neighbor saga continues......

So, I'm in the front yard trimming some trees and shrubs and my dog Bretta is sitting on the couch like always, looking out the window to the front yard. It's a nice day so the windows are open.

Someone walking a dog goes past and Bretta let out one quick "woof" and my neighbor yelled at Bretta (yes the same one that came over at midnight a few weeks ago to tell me Bretta's barking is out of control). I stepped out from behind the shrubs and glared, shook my head and said "is there a problem?". She didn't say anything. I'm really getting sick of this crap. I hope to God she is only home from college and will be leaving. I also think that her Mom doesn't even know that she came over that one night. I hate to cause bad blood with a neighbor because of a dog, but this is absolutely ridiculous. I think I should go egg her car

Need me to organize a Mud Wrestling Competition ?
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I was thinking, too, of sticking this on her windshield!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Why are you acting like a lil girl GBR?

You should have told her what you really want to say, That if she don't STFU and leave your dog alone you and her are gonna throw down and she is gonna have to go back to school and explain the new scars on her face to her sorority sisters!

Sorry Partial, but SEARS SUCKS!! I just dropped the glass insert to my Kenmore microwave. I got the model number and part number off of the website and when it comes to the screen to order it, my part isn't listed so I call the 800 number for parts. After leaving me on hold for 10 minutes while making me jump through hoops where I get that "helpful" computer lady who wants me to yell at her with a kid asleep in the next room, it tells me my call did not go through and hangs up on me. So, I call back. This time after all that I get an actual human. I tell him what I need, he tells me he will look it up and puts me on hold. After 5 more minutes, I get a recording saying the office is closed and to visit the website. It's not the first time something like this has happened with them. I HATE SEARS!!!

Oh. And I forgot. My Palm Pilot crashed and died. Hello Outlook.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    Maybe ol' Partial can pull a few strings for ya.

If you can help 'er out, P, from half a nation away, that's one step toward being the Man. Not Chuck Norris-like, to be sure, but perhaps Steven Seagal-like. You gotta work your way up.

? HOFer
    Sears does suck. Let me know what part you need and I will dive into the database tomorrow morning. Shoot me a PM ZigZagaNopolous

Too funny about this thread getting the bump, I was actually thinking about what I was going to post in it yesterday while out Christmas shopping. I have a few stories to choose from....

The lady at Circuit City who saw me grab the last Nintendo DS (they just put one out on the shelf as I was walking by and I've been looking for one) and then she tried to make me feel guilty by saying her child has been wanting one for so long, blah blah blah. Then her husband said that he'd give me $20 if I handed him the box. Then $40. can you believe people? Some spoiled rotten kid isn't going to get what he wants...boo fricken hoo.

BTW, the DS is for my Dad. I had no idea what to get him, but after seeing those Brain Age games on TV, I thought that would be really good for him and his ongoing recovery from his stroke. There are some other games, too that I bought. They are alot like the things he's doing in therapy, so I'm hoping that he likes it....er, actually uses it !!

Rant #2... people see you walk to your car that is in a good parking spot and they sit and hold up a line of traffic just waiting for you to pull out so they can grab your spot. I ALWAYS will sit there until they finally drive past and then I pull out and let the person in line behind them have the spot.

Rant #3.... I am so sick of hearing about the nativity scene debate at the GB City Hall.

GBR, someone at work gave me a 5 x 7 framed pic of the sig you have.

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    The lady at Circuit City who saw me grab the last Nintendo DS (they just put one out on the shelf as I was walking by and I've been looking for one) and then she tried to make me feel guilty by saying her child has been wanting one for so long, blah blah blah. Then her husband said that he'd give me $20 if I handed him the box. Then $40. can you believe people? Some spoiled rotten kid isn't going to get what he wants...boo fricken hoo.

BTW, the DS is for my Dad. I had no idea what to get him, but after seeing those Brain Age games on TV, I thought that would be really good for him and his ongoing recovery from his stroke. There are some other games, too that I bought. They are alot like the things he's doing in therapy, so I'm hoping that he likes it....er, actually uses it !!
    Did you lay this story on the boo-hoo parents at the store? Should have. Their little "angel" will probably get plenty of loot for Christmas. If he's disappointed that he didn't get the game he wanted, then he might be getting the best thing of all this Christmas: the newfound realization that you can't always get what you want (but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need. )

Meanwhile your dad might be able to use this to recover from a stroke. They're the ones who should feel guilty for even trying the guilt trip. Best wishes to your dad, by the way (and the rest of the family).

Some moron was tailgating me when I was going 45 on the highway. The entire road was pure ice and this idiot was riding my bumper. Ironically enough, just around the corner there was a four car crash with one in the ditch and EMTs everywhere. That could have been us. Moron.

Some idiot let their pet rabbits loose this summer in our neighborhood. They all but survived up until recently. I haven't seen one for awhile so I think it's dead. The other one was sitting at the top of my driveway shivering. It's hind legs weren't functioning and it crawled into our garage on it's front paws. The poor thing was starving and freezing to death and it could barely move. We had to take it into the vet to put it out of its misery.

Why would you get a pet if you can't take care of it? We should drop the bastard off in the Alaskan backcountry and see how long he survives.

hey there JAPF, where ya been hiding?

Don't even get me started on people treating their animals poorly. I could go on and on about that one.... and I will...just a little, lol. Last week I saw a dog in MN, chained up outside. It was -45 that morning BTW. Another big problem that I'm hearing about is people leaving their animals behind in foreclosed homes. WTF is wrong with people??

hey there JAPF, where ya been hiding?
    Yeah, it's been probably a year since I last posted. Times are really busy lately. I had high school basketball almost everyday, weight training a lot, homework, work.

Don't even get me started on people treating their animals poorly. I could go on and on about that one.... and I will...just a little, lol. Last week I saw a dog in MN, chained up outside. It was -45 that morning BTW. Another big problem that I'm hearing about is people leaving their animals behind in foreclosed homes. WTF is wrong with people??
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherpackfan
    I had high school basketball almost everyday, weight training a lot, homework, work.
    You may be going about this fitness stuff the hard way.

twoseven reports that he has six-pack abs and buns of steel from playing computer games all the time. Check with him about his specific programs and method.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Some moron was tailgating me when I was going 45 on the highway. The entire road was pure ice and this idiot was riding my bumper. Ironically enough, just around the corner there was a four car crash with one in the ditch and EMTs everywhere. That could have been us. Moron.

Some idiot let their pet rabbits loose this summer in our neighborhood. They all but survived up until recently. I haven't seen one for awhile so I think it's dead. The other one was sitting at the top of my driveway shivering. It's hind legs weren't functioning and it crawled into our garage on it's front paws. The poor thing was starving and freezing to death and it could barely move. We had to take it into the vet to put it out of its misery.

Why would you get a pet if you can't take care of it? We should drop the bastard off in the Alaskan backcountry and see how long he survives.
    You should have call old Whiskey, shit that is good rabbit stew you took to the vet.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Whats up JAPF?

Stew huh? Had it roasted but never in stew.

LOL I agree! Had that problem going to work just this morning. The highways are not good here and going to work this morning I have some big-ass pickup truck with the huge tires riding my bumper.

I can't comment on #2. ....it's an emotional topic in our household. I made the kids take their pet rabbits to their Uncles for this winter since we weren't able to take care of them for a couple weeks back in Dec. My daughter just found out hers died. She feels guilty that she wasn't taking care of her rabbit here in our back yard. Told her with how bad this winter has been it may not have made a difference where they were.

another record low set this morning.... -18 below zero.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    LOL I agree! Had that problem going to work just this morning. The highways are not good here and going to work this morning I have some big-ass pickup truck with the huge tires riding my bumper.

I can't comment on #2. ....it's an emotional topic in our household. I made the kids take their pet rabbits to their Uncles for this winter since we weren't able to take care of them for a couple weeks back in Dec. My daughter just found out hers died. She feels guilty that she wasn't taking care of her rabbit here in our back yard. Told her with how bad this winter has been it may not have made a difference where they were.
    I don't understand why anyone would have pet rabbits in the first place? Whats the point?
    To much of a good thing is an awesome thing