Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants

There are two bumper stickers that I would love to stick on my vehicle....

"What part of SLOW TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT do you not understand?"

and

"Isn't Illinois south?"

there is nothing that I hate more when I'm trying to go up north in the summer (keep in mind that 4 lane highways kind of disappear in the northern half of the state) and all I see is damn Illinios plates everywhere. There literally is a line of traffic and some stupid FIB is trying to pass one car at a time. Stupid dumb asses.

I am tired of the high price of gasoline!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BooHoo
    I am tired of the high price of gasoline!!!
    It's only gonna get worse - still cheap in the grand scheme but we really have to start looking at alternatives. I heard today that putting Nitrogen in your tires allows you to get better gas mileage.

I would imagine helium works as well, but I'd prefer to have an engine that used less gas.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

How come the mileage reimbursement rate went DOWN? (Even though it's still four cents higher than Jan. 2005.)

And how come my boss is still using the 2005 rate?

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    How come the mileage reimbursement rate went DOWN? (Even though it's still four cents higher than Jan. 2005.)

And how come my boss is still using the 2005 rate?
    It's a recommended rate (isn't it like 48.5 cents/mi). My company uses 48 - taxable income (so realistically - like 30 c/mi). It's still nice to get $20/day to drive to work

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I would imagine helium works as well, but I'd prefer to have an engine that used less gas.
    Agreed.

Did anyone catch the Southpark with the 'Smug' being formed from people driving hybrids and loving the smell of their own farts?

It went down from 48.5 cents (Sept '05) to 44.5 cents (Jan. '06).

I guess it doesn't really matter since my company doesn't pay for my "regular" commute - which is KILLING me right now.

Working from home is better than mileage reimbursement, anyway.

Another rant..... WPS wanting another 17% electricity rake hike for 2007. If this goes through, they will have been granted an 81% hike in electricity rates since 2001.

Gone are the days of $60 WPS bills in the summertime.

On the East Coast, they're talking 70-75% hikes this year alone.[/b]
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

That sucks, Zig... I'm curious, what are property taxes like in your neck of the woods?

I think WI has got to be one of the highest in the nation. I pay twice as much for my property taxes, than my sister in FL, who by the way owns a $750,000 home. SAD !!

They're insane. I will be seeing family in Mke. in May, so I will check with my bro to find out what his are like and give you the comparison.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    It went down from 48.5 cents (Sept '05) to 44.5 cents (Jan. '06).

I guess it doesn't really matter since my company doesn't pay for my "regular" commute - which is KILLING me right now.

Working from home is better than mileage reimbursement, anyway.
    i drive 60miles one way. 3 bucks a gallon is killing me!! when i first took this job we negotiated a company vehicle, shortly after i accepted the job the company decides to take all vehicles away from employees.

i'm just curious what other companies are paying for milage? we are currently being reimbursed .27 per mile. this is only for company functions. and we do not get reimbursed for the daily commute!!

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Agreed.

Did anyone catch the Southpark with the 'Smug' being formed from people driving hybrids and loving the smell of their own farts?
    Helium and Nitrogen are non-flammable and will work fine but it is unneccesary. They provide no change in mpg for you car. Just keep your tires inflated to the proper psi and things will be a-ok.

billy i think the point they were making is that hellium and nitrogen are larger molecules and therefore "leak" out of your tires much slower therfore keeping your tire inflated longer between checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    billy i think the point they were making is that hellium and nitrogen are larger molecules and therefore "leak" out of your tires much slower therfore keeping your tire inflated longer between checks.
    You mean they don't make your car float?
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Ok...thats fine but who is going to go out of their way to buy nitrogen or helium just to make sure your tires leak less. Its like the kickers who fill their footballs with helium because they think they will fly farther.(they don't)

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket Disease
    You mean they don't make your car float?
    Depends on how large your tires are.

I believe it costs like 6 bucks a tire to have them filled with nitrogen!

I believe it costs like 6 bucks a tire to have them filled with nitrogen!
    The air is 70% nitrogen anyways.