Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants

Quote Originally Posted by billy_oliver880
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Whiskey
    I believe it costs like 6 bucks a tire to have them filled with nitrogen!
    The air is 70% nitrogen anyways.
    So my tires are already filled with nitrogen and I didn't even know it. I wonder if it will improve my gas mileage.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    this will be my shortest rant ever.

I had to go and get my boat Registered, so i had to make my way to the DMV, or Sec. of the State (what ever they call it in your state). LAZY IDIOTS

I had to go and get my boat Registered, so i had to make my way to the DMV, or Sec. of the State (what ever they call it in your state). LAZY IDIOTS
    Where I live you get a number, then wait in the chairs until they call your number. Sometimes it is a long wait.

I clear the afternoon and take a book. We do it the same way. But it gets better. You have to wait in line to explain to a guy why you need the number.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I clear the afternoon and take a book. We do it the same way. But it gets better. You have to wait in line to explain to a guy why you need the number.
    LOL

I believe it costs like 6 bucks a tire to have them filled with nitrogen!

Costco does it for free if you bought the tires there.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    RANT: 10-15 cent price difference for a gallon of gas at different stations 10 FREAKIN' MILES APART. I know stations base their prices on the local economy, but that's just ludicrous.

Take my "hometown" of Sparta, WI: Gas at the Kwik Trip there is regularly more expensive than a Kwik Trip 20 miles down the road on I-90 in LaCrosse. Concidentally, the price dips in downtown La Crosse to attract Minnesota drivers that are used to not paying hefty gas taxes that WI applies. Minneapolis is no better. Stations ten miles away will have dramatic differences in their gas prices because of what the local economy can handle.

Can we please move away from fossil fuels...like NOW?!!?!?!

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

Quote Originally Posted by jacks smirking revenge
    RANT: 10-15 cent price difference for a gallon of gas at different stations 10 FREAKIN' MILES APART. I know stations base their prices on the local economy, but that's just ludicrous.

Take my "hometown" of Sparta, WI: Gas at the Kwik Trip there is regularly more expensive than a Kwik Trip 20 miles down the road on I-90 in LaCrosse. Concidentally, the price dips in downtown La Crosse to attract Minnesota drivers that are used to not paying hefty gas taxes that WI applies. Minneapolis is no better. Stations ten miles away will have dramatic differences in their gas prices because of what the local economy can handle.

Can we please move away from fossil fuels...like NOW?!!?!?!

tyler

I spent some time figuring out how to live off the grid because of potential utility price gouging with a fixed income later in life.

RANT: Wall-thumping at hotels. So I'm sitting in my hotel typing away at Packer Rats, having a bevreage and having a swell time. I'm getting sleepy and I'm thinking its time to drift of to sleepytown. All of a sudden, I hear this really loud thumping. I go to the bathroom to check out the pipes and realize it's not the pipes. It's coming from down the hall. The cadence is rythmical, as if someone is pounding away at a wall. It occurs to me that someone nearby is having far more fun than I'm having.

The sound is pretty dang annoying and will probably keep me from falling asleep. What's worse? The fact that I'm actually considering shelling out an outrageous $15.00 to watch a skin flick just so I don't feel lonely.

Woe is me...

tyler

Quote Originally Posted by BooHoo

Where I live you get a number, then wait in the chairs until they call your number. Sometimes it is a long wait.
    I usually take a number, size up the situation (current # is 409 and I have # 502) and leave. Usually go grab a bite to eat or hang at the mall. Then return to said government building eventually. Typically can get back within 10-15 minutes of being called.

RANT: Wall-thumping at hotels. So I'm sitting in my hotel typing away at Packer Rats, having a bevreage and having a swell time. I'm getting sleepy and I'm thinking its time to drift of to sleepytown. All of a sudden, I hear this really loud thumping. I go to the bathroom to check out the pipes and realize it's not the pipes. It's coming from down the hall. The cadence is rythmical, as if someone is pounding away at a wall. It occurs to me that someone nearby is having far more fun than I'm having.

The sound is pretty dang annoying and will probably keep me from falling asleep. What's worse? The fact that I'm actually considering shelling out an outrageous $15.00 to watch a skin flick just so I don't feel lonely.

Woe is me...

tyler
    $15 to watch skin? you should consult B on this matter

Quote Originally Posted by BooHoo

I have a slighly different perspective. I'm actually happy those people work for the government. Can you imagine them in the real world? So, i'm annoyed for an hour or two, better than dealing with them daily.

dammit tyronne!!! this is the rant thread not the "turn it back around, every cloud has a silver lining" thread!!!

your right though, these are the same people bitching because the gov't is making cuts and eliminating their workforce. don't really need a guy to had you a number, a guy to explain the number, a guy to seat you, a guy to take the number, a guy to take your money, a guy to tell you the form isn't filled out correctly, a guy to tell you to go back and take a new number!!! one competant person would suffice

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007

Woe is me...

tyler
    $15 to watch skin? you should consult B on this matter
    Unfortunately, that's the hotel price. Heck, every movie costs around that much on PPV. An update to the story: I passed out and didn't spend the $15.

tyler

dammit tyronne!!! this is the rant thread not the "turn it back around, every cloud has a silver lining" thread!!!

your right though, these are the same people bitching because the gov't is making cuts and eliminating their workforce. don't really need a guy to had you a number, a guy to explain the number, a guy to seat you, a guy to take the number, a guy to take your money, a guy to tell you the form isn't filled out correctly, a guy to tell you to go back and take a new number!!! one competant person would suffice
    That is probably the only time anyone has thought of me as a silver lining kind of guy. Guess the prozac is finally working.

But, for every competent citizen like the members of this forum, there are about, lets say, 1000 more idiots. Have you ever looked at your fellow citizens at the DMV. Scary. Cooter and his 11 kids, etc.. The great unwashed masses would be a compliment. THOSE people do need all the extra workers; they can barely walk and breathe at the same time.

Why did they have to pick this year, when I have a chance to actually be there to close the mini-camps to the public?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

your right though,
    OK, here's the grammar police mini-rant. I promise to only do this once.

Your=possessive form of you--e.g., this is my post, that was your post.

You're=contraction for you are--e.g., LW, when TB is states things correctly you need to comment "you're right" so that people won't think you're a redneck.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Thank you. You're a good grammarian in your own right.

grammer nazi!!!

you really thought the redneck could spell???

this weeks rant by Little Whiskey is RAIN in AL!!!!

why couldn't those storms hold off for a couple hours so i could've watched the race this weekend. they no more start the pace laps and its starts down pouring!!! now they run it today!!! i can't watch it so i have to listen to it on my computer!!! however, nascar.com is letting people use their (HEY mike, notice i didn't say there or they're ) trackpass. now you can listen to the incar audio, and radio broadcast. actually it's pretty cool.

thats my rant, thanks for listening(or reading) bye!