Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Rants

I had a guy in Milwaukee, gave the best haircuts and when I was working at the gym, he gave all the instructors free haircare for telling people where we got our hair done. I miss him...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I actually found two different stylists that I like, but one for the cutting/styling and the other for the highlighting.

I found someone through the "mommy network" that used to cut in a salon. Now she makes a fine living cutting hair in her kitchen, she does a fine job, but I must admit, I do miss the shampoo bowl that doesn't double as someone's kitchen sink...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Just got back from taking my dogs to the vet. I almost fell over when I got the bill. More than $200 per dog???? How much are you guys paying? That just seems so insane to me. I know they ran the heartworm test but they didn't even need all the shots!!

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I got the bill. More than $200 per dog???? they didn't even need all the shots!!

zig, for about $15 i could take care of all your dog's problems

I don't understand people who send their pets to the vet for chemo and hip replacements. just don't understand. they are animals

That wouldn't be happening around here. They keep trying to sell me on dental cleaning too and that ain't gonna happen anytime soon either.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I gotta get my dog's teeth cleaned. His mouth smells like he just ate a piece of shit, oh wait he just did.

Word of warning to those with little toddlers and dogs, if you have a kiddy toliet, make sure that when your child uses it that you remember to clean out the bowl. Otherwise "fuckhead" will have a nice tasy treat await'n.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    That wouldn't be happening around here. They keep trying to sell me on dental cleaning too and that ain't gonna happen anytime soon either.
    my grandpa was a livestock farmer. so as a kid growing up i got a good lesson on animal's place in this world. if any animals on the farm couldn't or wouldn't do its "job", you put it down. there was no free lunches in his world. and that included people as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    I gotta get my dog's teeth cleaned. His mouth smells like he just ate a piece of shit, oh wait he just did.

Word of warning to those with little toddlers and dogs, if you have a kiddy toliet, make sure that when your child uses it that you remember to clean out the bowl. Otherwise "fuckhead" will have a nice tasy treat await'n.

Ewwwwww!! That's pretty gross. I think your dog needs a doggie Psychiatrist.

Zig, i've come to realize that veterinarians are nothing more than sales people. they try to push every kind of vaccination and pill they can to you. Mine always asks up front what I want, he never surprises me with things that i didn't ask for.

Bretta is only 5 months old, but I can tell you with my lab who is 4-1/2, she averages $125 annually to the vet. That is her booster shot, heartworm test and exam. Rabies is good for 3 years.

Althought about a month ago, between Limbo having this cyst removed from her leg and Bretta getting spayed, that was about $600 for the both of them.

I agree, it is a ripoff. and unlike kids, you can't put your pets on your insurance either!

my rant for the day goes to the telemarketer. more specificly the jack ass from the "yellow pages" that keeps calling to verify my business name and address. first of all the guy is arab or middle eastern descent and talks so fast i cannot understand him. (since i am a redneck and all). secondly after i verify my bus name, phone and address, he asks my full name and title. this is where the scam alarms start going off. then he tells me about the website where they will be listing my company, and if i don't call i won't be listed. he then ask do i understand. then says he assumes i won't be calling is that correct? here is the scam, once you say yes they record that and list your ass in $500 worth of shit. i hung up on this f**ker three times friday, and twice today, but he keeps calling back. let this be a word of warning. don't let them a**holes get you to say yes, to anything!!

Quote Originally Posted by GBMichele
    Althought about a month ago, between Limbo having this cyst removed from her leg and Bretta getting spayed, that was about $600 for the both of them.

I agree, it is a ripoff. and unlike kids, you can't put your pets on your insurance either!
    I've always felt kind of bad for vets. They go to vetinary school for 8 years instead of 9 years to medical school. Most of them come out with a mountain of student loan debt only to be confronted by customers who can't imagine paying so much for fixing up an animal.

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell

I've always felt kind of bad for vets. They go to vetinary school for 8 years instead of 9 years to medical school. Most of them come out with a mountain of student loan debt only to be confronted by customers who can't imagine paying so much for fixing up an animal.
    I don't feel too bad given that it was their choice.

Funny this subject comes up today. I drove by a vet's office today and on the marquee was some crap about it being "Feline Leukemia" month ... have you had your kitty tested??? What a soak job ...

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz

Ewwwwww!! That's pretty gross. I think your dog needs a doggie Psychiatrist.
    Maybe the dog just watched Pink Flamingos.

Then again, you can't put your kids to sleep. So guess it is a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Then again, you can't put your kids to sleep. So guess it is a wash.
    ya i think you can. mine usually takes a bottle and five minutes on the shoulders and he is fast asleep

It's a sad fricken world when Little League baseball All Star teams are picked unfairly!! How can a coach/dad put his kid on the all star team when he was clearly not one of the top 3 players? I sure hope in the later years (sports at school) kids are acknowledged for their hard work and talent and not because daddys coaching.

Unfortunately, 007, that is always the way things work on a little league team. The longer your son plays ball, however, the greater the chance that REAL talent is appreciated. It's true, I swear.

Use it as motivation for your boy to prove he's an MVP. It means a lot more to be named the best player at a higher level, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild

Use it as motivation for your boy to prove he's an MVP. It means a lot more to be named the best player at a higher level, anyway.
    This is true. It's upsetting though when 4 different parent's come up to you and tell you it's a crock your kid didn't get picked....with one being a Dad that worked with the team the whole season. Oh well. The end of the year tourney starts Thur. and when that's done we have some free time till football starts lol

Yeah, I definitely understand that it's upsetting - but it should also be reassuring....'cause you're RIGHT!

Politics will diminish as sports get more "serious" - so I suppose the way to think of it is that it will mean more to your son if he gets recognized for his accomplishments at a higher level than at the present.

An example - the exact same thing happened to me. I was so pissed when the coach's daughter got MVP in eighth grade over me - but then I got MVP the next year in HS. A lot more meaningful!!