Thread: Driver this weekend...

Driver this weekend...

With Jennings out, and only one "safe" reciever he has to pass to this weekend... Expect Driver to put up Career numbers.....

He had 10 receptions last game with Jennings in for some of the first half.... Expect over 10 and over 100 yards... Boy am I happy I have him for fantasy....

How does the WR list go for this weekend: Driver, Martin, Francis??

Lets hope Driver doesn't overplay himself because if he goes down im throwing in the towel... And pooring out my kool-aid... (knock on wood)

Thoughts??

Is it official that Jennings is out?

He's listed as doubtful on the injury report.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    Against a good secondary it'd be much better for Driver if Jennings was playing. If I was the DC for Arizona I'd be game planning all week to take Driver out of the game. Put the best CB and roll the best safety toward him. That's what teams did last year when we had guys like Taco Wallace.....Ruvell Martin......the newbie we just picked up....with no experience in the lineup for too often.

I don't think AZ secondary is that strong. But if we play an above average secondary Jennings being out is Driver's worst nightmare. Because there won't be many cracks he'll be able to slip into to catch passes.

That's one of the most logistic reasons Driver and Favre didn't hook up for scores for way too long at the end of last season. Chumps were running patters on the other side and they garnered no respect and failed to get remotely open agains single man coverage.

Jennings needs to get back soon or we're toast.

B

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Against a good secondary it'd be much better for Driver if Jennings was playing. If I was the DC for Arizona I'd be game planning all week to take Driver out of the game. Put the best CB and roll the best safety toward him. That's what teams did last year when we had guys like Taco Wallace.....Ruvell Martin......the newbie we just picked up....with no experience in the lineup for too often.

I don't think AZ secondary is that strong. But if we play an above average secondary Jennings being out is Driver's worst nightmare. Because there won't be many cracks he'll be able to slip into to catch passes.

That's one of the most logistic reasons Driver and Favre didn't hook up for scores for way too long at the end of last season. Chumps were running patters on the other side and they garnered no respect and failed to get remotely open agains single man coverage.

B
    totally agree that jennings does take off some of the coverage on driver, but I think Favre will be looking Drivers way most of the time, double covered or not

Don't count Jennings out just yet. MM said in his presser that Jennings was feeling a lot better and he may practice on Friday. Read the transcript at www.packers.com.

Positive signs on injury front
    Receiver Greg Jennings' ankle injury doesn't appear to be as serious as initially feared. Jennings was walking around without crutches on Wednesday, and McCarthy said Jennings is going to continue his rehab on Thursday and try to practice on Friday.

He's listed as doubtful on the injury report, but if he does practice by the end of the week, that status could change.

"Jennings is a lot better today than we anticipated," McCarthy said.

Among other players on the injury report, linebacker Ben Taylor is listed as questionable with a hamstring injury but returned to practice for the first time in more than two weeks. Offensive lineman Daryn Colledge is questionable with a calf injury but practiced.

Defensive tackle Corey Williams (knee) is questionable and running back Ahman Green (knee) is probably, though missed practice. McCarthy indicated the coaching staff is simply being cautious with Green and his injury is not a major concern.

Linebacker Abdul Hodge (knee) and defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins (ankle) are both out for this week's game, but McCarthy said he's hopeful both of them can return next week.

They have to get the ball in the TE's and RB hands early and often to force the saftey to cover and not help with Driver. My first play would be a quick out to R. Martin as well...you have to force them to come off Driver! If Favre forces it too Driver we could be in for a long day!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA
    They have to get the ball in the TE's and RB hands early and often to force the saftey to cover and not help with Driver. My first play would be a quick out to R. Martin as well...you have to force them to come off Driver! If Favre forces it too Driver we could be in for a long day!!
    We'll need to play David Martin now though because a weak LB can cover the Bubster w/o a problem. Heck, Bubba might make Brady Poppinga look like Champ Bailey

Good one of Driver last weekend.

? HOFer

B
    In Woody's absense, i'll fill in.

[woody]

the voice of reason... you are, Bretsky!!

[/woody]

Woody where are you, we miss ya Ed!!

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by packers11

B
    totally agree that jennings does take off some of the coverage on driver, but I think Favre will be looking Drivers way most of the time, double covered or not
    He did that last year and it did not bode well for him. I hope he doesn't do that!!! M3 should use Donald Lee and David Martin more!!

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA
    I don't know that M3 will allow hm to force it anywhere all day. He will just stick in more running plays and call plays that play away from him if Favre does that.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial

B
    He did that last year and it did not bode well for him. I hope he doesn't do that!!! M3 should use Donald Lee and David Martin more!!

Great points because Martin and Lee are probably closer to providing help than the backup WR's. Sad that Bubba can't be counted on to help out; he just doesn't have the ability to consistently get open with exception of finding spots in the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    Good one of Driver last weekend.

Oww... Something about a 300 pound lineman falling on top of you seems painful.

Re: Driver this weekend...

With Jennings out, and only one "safe" reciever he has to pass to this weekend... Expect Driver to put up Career numbers.....
    if jennings is out, expect driver to get quaduple teamed

Quote Originally Posted by red
    if jennings is out, expect driver to get quaduple teamed
    Great. That will leave Martin, Martin, and Francies WIDE open. With some nice running lanes for Ahman to take it to the house should he break past the d-line.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Martin, Martin, and Francies
    Sounds like a law firm.