Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New and Improved MP3 Thread

? HOFer
    'Cause the nano is adonized aluminum and virtually indestructible ( It's made of the same material as the mini and i've dropped that thing running at least 50 times in 2 years and it just keeps on ticking ) . Smaller form factor ( albeit not a huge difference ) , color selection, etc.

The benefit of the nano is it has a solid-state storage solution. The larger iPods have a moving hard drive. When running or moving around a lot with the spinning hard drives, eventually it will lead to failure. Skipping during songs and malfunctioning of the drive also sometimes occur with a spinning drive.

With a solid state storage solution ( alliteration at its finest ) , you have nothing to worry about with that.

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    haha yea i see i have a 2 gig nano and im to lazy to upgrade... Although i have broken my nano before, it was really weird the top half of the screen went blank and everything but it was probly cause i bought it on ebay, afterwards i brought it in to apple and they gave me a new one for free. didnt even ask me where i bought it

? HOFer
    The first gen nanos build quality was crap. The new aluminum ones are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    'Cause the nano is adonized aluminum and virtually indestructible ( It's made of the same material as the mini and i've dropped that thing running at least 50 times in 2 years and it just keeps on ticking ) . Smaller form factor ( albeit not a huge difference ) , color selection, etc.

The benefit of the nano is it has a solid-state storage solution. The larger iPods have a moving hard drive. When running or moving around a lot with the spinning hard drives, eventually it will lead to failure. Skipping during songs and malfunctioning of the drive also sometimes occur with a spinning drive.

With a solid state storage solution ( alliteration at its finest ) , you have nothing to worry about with that.
    Word
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    E-mail it to me and I will take care of it for you.
    What program do you use to edit gif's? I need to find a good one.
    If you actually mean manipulating as opposed to editing, there's only one worth mentioning - irfanview - at the obvious location, www.irfanview.com
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Irfanview is a greta free tool, but it won't help do anything to "moving" gifs. It only opens on pic from the image.
    For free .gif editing, I simply go to http://www.gifworks.com/cgi-bin/gifw...=transfer_open

You can do quite a bit of fiddling with them there.
    The Bottom Line:
    Formally Numb, same person, same views of M3

well eventually, I'd like to get a good program where I can create my own gifs, but in the meantime, I just need a couple resized, so that's why I asked Zig what she uses since she told me that she would be able to do that for me.

Thanks very much for the help, Cyberski & Guiness

If I get the nano, can songs just be dragged from one folder to the other?

If not, how big of a pain is it to load music already on your PC to the nano? I like to keep it simple.

Use iTunes. When you plug your nano in, it shows up as an icon. Drag songs from your library over the top of the pic.

well eventually, I'd like to get a good program where I can create my own gifs, but in the meantime, I just need a couple resized, so that's why I asked Zig what she uses since she told me that she would be able to do that for me.

Thanks very much for the help, Cyberski & Guiness
    I just said to e-mail it to me and I would take care of it. (I actually don't do it myself, but have friends in low places that would just to get a look...)
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgepack

If not, how big of a pain is it to load music already on your PC to the nano? I like to keep it simple.
    It's very simple. It's 10x simpler on a mac.

If I get stuck on something with itunes, and of course my tech support group around here is not available I will use the Apple support forum. I must say, Apple has one of the best support forums around. Easy to find exactly what you're looking for and easy to understand.

Can't go wrong with an ipod/itunes.

That's my concern, I don't use a Mac.

? HOFer

That's my concern, I don't use a Mac.
    Plug in, open iTunes, drag and drop. Very, very easy!!

I am not digging iTunes so far.

Badgepack is getting angry!

Senior Rat Veteran billy_oliver880's Avatar
    I will never get an Ipod in my life. I have heard nothing but bad things from service department people at best buy. You have to send your Ipod in to get a new battery installed. Hard drive based ipods lock up and crash at random. Why a company can have a market so cornered is beyond me. Too much hype. You buy an Ipod and then you have to buy all the accessories. The Iphone is not that exciting either. We are so far behind europe and japan when it comes to cellular phones its laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by billy_oliver880
    I will never get an Ipod in my life. I have heard nothing but bad things from service department people at best buy.
    That is your first mistake....listening to the people at Best Buy

As a former Best Buy employee, I can tell you that she is right. They hire 99% incompetents. I of course was in the 1%.

Talk to people that actually know what they are talking about.

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by billy_oliver880
    I will never get an Ipod in my life. I have heard nothing but bad things from service department people at best buy.
    That is your first mistake....listening to the people at Best Buy
    They're full of shit. They want you to buy their 75% margin insignia BS and their 94% margin product service plan or like 73% product replacement agreement.

I used to work at BB. They're full of it. I would deal directly with Apple. Period. They have the best customer satisfaction and customer service according to consumer reports.

Does the iPod come with an FM tuner?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings