Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Gas Prices where you live?

$3.79
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

The other day I was in one of the "funkier" neighborhoods and at the shiny new, spiffy station it was $4.18. At the dump across the street it was $3.65...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

$4.19 in Daley country (well in the suburbs anyhow).... gotta love those "special" blends that the air quality management districts make the oil companies do.... it's always .25 more than the average.

$3.95

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    $4.19 in Daley country (well in the suburbs anyhow).... gotta love those "special" blends that the air quality management districts make the oil companies do.... it's always .25 more than the average.
    You talking ethanol? We used to have to do it here in the winter but it was repealed because it was having zero effect on air quality.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    You talking ethanol? We used to have to do it here in the winter but it was repealed because it was having zero effect on air quality.
    No, I'm talking about mandating special fuel blends. An example is no butane which is commonly used to boost octane levels. They outlaw use of butane which is cheap and "force" refiners to use more expensive blending components as butane vaporizes at lower temperatures and pressures creating pollution and contributing to global warming.

these restrictions are common in California, Chicago, Milwaukee and a few other places. Yeah, they regulate ethanol levels too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwon

5/13/2007 - $4.89 a gallon for diesel.

8/10/2007 - $5.52 a gallon for diesel.

5/1/2008 - $6.56 a gallon for diesel.

5/31/2008 - $7.09 a gallon for diesel.
    9/20/2008 - $5.91 a gallon for diesel.

In the past two weeks in my area of the Chicago burbs it went from $3.82 to $4.35 and to now around $4.09....yet the price per barrel of oil is around $100. Gas prices can sure shoot up quick and take forever to drop again.

$2.15

Filling up my car for $25 seems like stealing...lol

Wow, we're still in the $2.40-2.65 range here.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

$2.01 here. I've heard it's $1.96 about 40 miles away.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Prices are varying wildly here in central Maine right now...I've seen as high as $2.55 a gallon and as low as $2.26. MSN has a website that looks up current gas prices within a given zip code, and they are saying the national average is $2.299 now.
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

Senior Rat HOFer
    I've seen stations in Milwaukee selling regular unleaded for 2.05 per gallon. But those stations are gouging on mid grade and premium. Mid grade is 2.45 and premium is 2.60 at the same stations. So much for the old pricing scale which had mid grade only 10 cents per gallon more expensive than regular, and premium only 10 cents more per gallon than mid grade.

Where I live (about 15-20 miles north of Milwaukee) regular unleaded is still 2.25, but the price for mid grade and premium are on the same scale as before (2.35 and 2.45 respectively).
    Chuck Norris doesn't cut his grass, he just stares at it and dares it to grow

Why the fuck are prices rising again? Demand is at a 10 year low at the very least and crude stock in the US is up from the data I can find.

Funds are buying the shit out of oil futures it seems.

Why the fuck are prices rising again? Demand is at a 10 year low at the very least and crude stock in the US is up from the data I can find.
    New CAFE standards means more driving.

They always go up before memorial day and drop a couple weeks after.

A small part of it is the market (summer driving), part of it is higher crude and commodity prices of the last two weeks, but most of it is the switch to summer blend gasolines. Can't blend with butane during the summer months because it vaporizes at low temperatures. Remember vapor lock? That doesn't happen anymore.

Higher quality blendstocks cost more. When you have to blend with them, the price goes up.