Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: A.J. Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YA ND; PLUS WE GET TO SEE THE HOTTIE GIRLFRIEND AS WELL
    WORST. TAKE. EVER.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm livin' here in Ohio and have seen Hawk play for four years now. I like the guy. I think he can be a solid LB. Still, I'm a bit worried about his ability to cover deep. The mental aspect of it seems to be fine. He seems bright, knows coverages and adjest very well to a mobile QB. What I am sorried about is his size and ability to react to the ball covering TEs right up the middle. Certainly he's fast enough, but will his vertical be enough. I know it seems like a minor point, but when the Packers line up against the 49ers, and Hawk gets to cover VD, perhaps then we'll know the answer for sure.

one thing seems certain - the face and character of the GB Packers looks very different. I can't imagine how the offense will be explosive this year and if Hawk plays as well in the NFL as he did with a loaded defense in college, it should improve the Packer's defense.
    The voice of even-tempered pessimism.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I miss FritzDontBlitz and Sparkey.

People predicting the draft are like weather forecasters. By the time you figure out they are wrong, its too late to do something about it.
    Seriously, now I am just repeating myself on 3 year cycles.

Smash mouth!

For two years he looked like this player with those athletic traits, then everything came apart. I think he had an injury and then he rebuilt himself for teh 3-4 and lost all that quickness and speed.
    If he was so terrible, it should have been easy to fill his spot with any jack off. Yet anyone they put in there doesn't look leaps and bounds better than Hawk. To the contrary, they are worse if for no other reason they are far from dependable.

So the upshot from MM's comments would be that Dom is near God-like, and Ted should be fired b/c the players suck to high heaven??

Wrong thread, lol...
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    If he was so terrible, it should have been easy to fill his spot with any jack off. Yet anyone they put in there doesn't look leaps and bounds better than Hawk. To the contrary, they are worse if for no other reason they are far from dependable.
    Terrible? Maybe at the end with the ankle/foot injury.

But after being compared to Urlacher, with athletic measurables to match, he really settled into average for the balance of his career. That is quite a comedown by itself.

Blog Entries
    Smash mouth!

For two years he looked like this player with those athletic traits, then everything came apart. I think he had an injury and then he rebuilt himself for teh 3-4 and lost all that quickness and speed.

Ponders if I cursed him

I expected him to be a star but he never got there
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

25 year old me sounds like a cocky idiot. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Who are the other 10%? Do they not know enough not to believe Prisco, my new mortal enemy? I want M3 to tape that article on the locker room wall and then stuff it down his throat at the end of a stellar season.

(I sincerely apologize to the person who posted that we should avoid reading that article. I should have remembered your warning and heeded it.)
    Where has MJZiggy gone?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Where has MJZiggy gone?
    007 too.

We lost many a good brother and sister over the years.

Oh well, we lost quite a few assholes, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    25 year old me sounds like a cocky idiot. Ugh.
    So what's changed?

I keed! I keed!

Peace!

Bishop was always better