"As far as a complete player, a can't miss, no holes off the field or on the field player, Hawk is as close as you're going to get," Buffalo national scout Marc Ross said. "He's tough, smart, plays hard, a good athlete, fast, quick, uses his hands and he's strong." Can play any of three positions but is best in the middle or weak side. "If you watch the guy, he's like (Matt) Leinart, always in the right place," one scout said. "He's around the ball, he's square, he can cover and he can rush." Played extensively as a freshman and started last three seasons. Finished with 15 1/2 sacks, 12 takeaway plays and 41 TFL (tackles for loss). "He beat their other linebackers, who are pretty darn good, to the ball even when he had to go across and over them," another scout said. "He's a leader. He's everything." Will be married on St. Patrick's Day 2007 to Laura Quinn, sister of Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn. Hails from Centerville, Ohio. "I think he's a little overrated," a third scout said. "I just think down in, down out he tends to play in the secondary. He's not the biggest, stoutest guy. Unless you keep him protected and let him run . . . I think he's a little like Rob Morris at Indianapolis. He's dependable and consistent, but I just don't know if he's ever going to be a 'wow' guy." Scored 27 on the 50-question Wonderlic intelligence test.