Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A.J. Hawk

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FritzDontBlitz View Post
    i have a question: is that white guy with dredlocks in the new under armour commercial aj hawk?
    Where the hell did FritzDontBlitz go?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Anti-Buckeye bias in the state of Wisconsin?
    I still hate the Buckeyes, but I am mighty pleased to have AJ coming to Green Bay.
    Doughnuts, is there anything they can't do?

Formerly known as Pack4ever

Senior Rat All-Pro FritzDontBlitz's Avatar
    having improved our defense during this offseason has actually made our offense look so much better, because it not only limits the other team's scoring opportunities but the potential for turnovers increases substantially.

i can't wait to see woodson and al harris on the field together strutting their stuff, shutting down receivers and blitzing off the corners.

the idea of aj hawk and nick barnett roaming the field together is mind boggling.

our defensive line will be greatly improved with the acquisition of pickett as the runstuffer in the middle, and the young unheralded d-line players will greatly benefit from the new weight training program to create the best defensive line rotation in the league - to those who may doubt the ability of our line, think back to how they were flying all over the field frustrating michael vick in the georgia dome last season.

i am quite pleased with this offseason. thanks, teddy bear

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I can't wait to see the rivalry explode in the Packer locker room come late November between the Ohio St guys and the Michigan guys!

Quote Originally Posted by FritzDontBlitz

i am quite pleased with this offseason. thanks, teddy bear

Were just getting started FDB. That second round pick is probably the equivelent of where we pick in the first round most years. We should land a player.

89% of respondents on JSO are happy with the Hawk selection--not that it really matters.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hawk is one scary looking dude. I hope to see him staring down opposing QBs for years to come.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm livin' here in Ohio and have seen Hawk play for four years now. I like the guy. I think he can be a solid LB. Still, I'm a bit worried about his ability to cover deep. The mental aspect of it seems to be fine. He seems bright, knows coverages and adjest very well to a mobile QB. What I am sorried about is his size and ability to react to the ball covering TEs right up the middle. Certainly he's fast enough, but will his vertical be enough. I know it seems like a minor point, but when the Packers line up against the 49ers, and Hawk gets to cover VD, perhaps then we'll know the answer for sure.

one thing seems certain - the face and character of the GB Packers looks very different. I can't imagine how the offense will be explosive this year and if Hawk plays as well in the NFL as he did with a loaded defense in college, it should improve the Packer's defense.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    I'm livin' here in Ohio and have seen Hawk play for four years now. I like the guy. I think he can be a solid LB. Still, I'm a bit worried about his ability to cover deep. The mental aspect of it seems to be fine. He seems bright, knows coverages and adjest very well to a mobile QB. What I am sorried about is his size and ability to react to the ball covering TEs right up the middle. Certainly he's fast enough, but will his vertical be enough. I know it seems like a minor point, but when the Packers line up against the 49ers, and Hawk gets to cover VD, perhaps then we'll know the answer for sure.

one thing seems certain - the face and character of the GB Packers looks very different. I can't imagine how the offense will be explosive this year and if Hawk plays as well in the NFL as he did with a loaded defense in college, it should improve the Packer's defense.
    now we know for sure. He can't do it.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

This. Now this is some gold. Every scout and journalist is just raving about the guy. Definitely never lived up to the hype. Wish we had Haloti.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

The voice of even-tempered pessimism.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

89% of respondents on JSO are happy with the Hawk selection--not that it really matters.
    >90% happy with Brett returning

Nobody will be able to temper my enthusiasm about this pick.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    LOL! This is priceless.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Still feel this way?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33
    >90% happy with Brett returning
    Who are the other 10%? Do they not know enough not to believe Prisco, my new mortal enemy? I want M3 to tape that article on the locker room wall and then stuff it down his throat at the end of a stellar season.

(I sincerely apologize to the person who posted that we should avoid reading that article. I should have remembered your warning and heeded it.)
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy View Post
    Who are the other 10%? Do they not know enough not to believe Prisco, my new mortal enemy? I want M3 to tape that article on the locker room wall and then stuff it down his throat at the end of a stellar season.

(I sincerely apologize to the person who posted that we should avoid reading that article. I should have remembered your warning and heeded it.)
    Where has MJZiggy gone?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Where has MJZiggy gone?
    007 too.

We lost many a good brother and sister over the years.

Oh well, we lost quite a few assholes, too.