I was reading an article about Brady Quinn's slide on draft day when I noticed a photo essay link on the nastiest divorces in sports. The photos go all the way back to Steve Garvey! People can vote on which couple's divorce was the ugliest.

http://sports.aol.com/messy-divorces

The caption goes: "Wild accusations. Alleged adultery. Custody fights. Huge finanical settlements. Tell-all books. And even a yard sale by Jean Strahan? Some nasty divorces have them all, and the sports world has had a bunch of them. We rank the top 15 most bitter splits ever."

Yeah, really sounds like the writing of a seasoned sports reporter. It even has hyperlinks. George Plimpton is turning over in his grave.

Here's a good example of how pathetic sports journalism has become. Granted AOL sports is a quasi news source anyway but sports reporting has become so meshed with celebrity and entertainment gossip-style articles that a brain dead public actually believes this is solid sports journalism.

The SI, Sporting News, and Packer Report I knew were never like this.

All this talk of separating a public figure's private and public lives is garbage. A Reality-TV mindset has taken hold and people fixate on the private lives of any celebrity - entertainment or sports. Pretty sad IMHO.