Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Browns wanted to trade up with packers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    In 5 years, we'll still be saying, "win now??? we don't need to stinking win now!!!".

TT doesn't have a 2 year plan, or a 3 year plan, or a 5 year plan... he has a 10 year plan - which, of course, means never having to fill a hole!!!

That sounds kind of dirty, doesn't it??? LOL
    wist

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43
    In 5 years, we'll still be saying, "win now??? we don't need to stinking win now!!!".

TT doesn't have a 2 year plan, or a 3 year plan, or a 5 year plan... he has a 10 year plan - which, of course, means never having to fill a hole!!!

I think we'll be very solid at just about every position across the board (short of possibly receiver; its tough to get a stud receiver) by the time Favre hangs his cleats up.

Also, keep in mind that TT has to have known what he was doing. He had to have known this pick wouldn't be popular with the fans and he would take a lot of flaming for doing it. I think he is convinced Harrell can be a pro-bowler. If his gut instinct is correct, than TT will keep his job. If this guy is another Corey Williams two years in, I don't know that he'll keep his job.

Shutdown Rat All-Pro Charles Woodson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial

I think we'll be very solid at just about every position across the board (short of possibly receiver; its tough to get a stud receiver) by the time Favre hangs his cleats up.

Also, keep in mind that TT has to have known what he was doing. He had to have known this pick wouldn't be popular with the fans and he would take a lot of flaming for doing it. I think he is convinced Harrell can be a pro-bowler. If his gut instinct is correct, than TT will keep his job. If this guy is another Corey Williams two years in, I don't know that he'll keep his job.
    And thats the fun thing about being a fan, because if harrell ends up crap then TT willl never hear the end of the time that he passed up the 2008 top 10 pick AND a good recevier like Rice, Jarrett, or Smith. for a bust

He doesn't have a ten year plan on my team.

Soon more and more Packer fans will see just what he is and has stood for.

I predict that four years fr. now that Ted Thompson isn't the GM of the Green Bay Packers.

The reason for that prediction is easy.

A teams success is a direct reflection of that teams GM's competence and personality. His willingness to supply the talent capable of jelling to make a winner.

Ted Thompson doesn't care beyond his agenda. I've never seen a GM in sports quite as he is.

Packer fans are not going to put up with 12-20 or worse much longer. Ted Thompsonn had a chance to put us in the playoff's in 2007 and he decided to toss that away.

This fact sickens me and I'll not forget it.

More and more Packer fans will see 'the TRUTH'.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Doesnt sound like such a great trade. Then watch the Brown be the feelgood story of 07 and turn the #1 they traded to DAL into the 31st overall. :P
    Ohhhhhh, I'd love that.
    Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.
    Vince Lombardi

So you are definitely a proponent of win now, but you wanted him to trade out of the first round to secure a future pick. At the same time, he needed to draft some 1st round talent in order to win now. Its all so very confusing to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Phil Savage, the Browns GM has stated himself that he thought the deal in GB which included the Browns getting the 16th pick while flip flopping picks through round 4 and giving us the Browns number one in 08 was turned down by TT. It wasn't a first and a second.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Quote Originally Posted by Partial

I don't think for a second TT worries about fan reaction to any move he makes. And that is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Farley Face
    I don't think for a second TT worries about fan reaction to any move he makes. And that is a good thing.
    Ted Thompson can't feel emotion.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

Blog Entries
    Next year, having that high #1 would look pretty good - wouldn't it???

TT's way, we sit there at 16 again next year... and that's it. Wouldn't it be nice if we could have two 1st's next year???

Then we could draft another DT, and another LB, in the 1st round... picking good players of course - but always with the proviso that "we pick the best players, we don't care if it improves the team".

With TT"s long term vision of building for the future, I'm astonished that he would not have jumped at something like this.

From all his comments, I think the bottom line is that he fell in love with the first round DT
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool

So you are definitely a proponent of win now, but you wanted him to trade out of the first round to secure a future pick. At the same time, he needed to draft some 1st round talent in order to win now. Its all so very confusing to me.
    I want to win now

But I'm a draft for need guy

I've realized our GM is a win later guy and build slowly.

TT has broken me as a short term win guy as long as he is GM; I'm astonished he didn't take the deal.

I wish he would have.

Our future is 3-4 years from now if it happens at all. Adding an extra first next year could have been huge.

Plus, we could have used the Browns 2nd round pick to pick a WR
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Fritz, you were only kinda sorta right.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Rand, for me that's a win.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

We all have been here too long.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yeah, it's a little scary seeing me posting back in 2007.

I still wish Ted had made that trade, though. And yes, I still think about that sometimes. I wonder who Ted would've picked had he made that trade . . .
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Partial and Fritz look a little like Nostradamus.

Wish ND would post again.

Had some good arguments and learned a little football from that dude.

At least the anti-TTers are consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Partial and Fritz look a little like Nostradamus.

Wish ND would post again.

Had some good arguments and learned a little football from that dude.

At least the anti-TTers are consistent.
    ND72 is on Twitter, but mainly about being a PE teacher, basketball coach and Dad. Seems like he has his hands full.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    SURE GLAD we didn't take the sweat deal and got Justine Harrell instead ))

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    This was an overall terrible draft for Thompson. Hindsight he should have taken that deal because the Browns were drafting in the top ten in 2008.