Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
Favre has always been too honest. No big surprise to me that he'd be honest here. Remember Super Bowl or bust. Remember ripping Javon and sticking up for Bubba. Remember his frustration with no offensive FAs signed last year.

I've been a moderate Thompson supporter who has stayed optimistic. I get the building through the draft. I get avoiding FAs even (although not to the extent he apparently does). What I don't get is: why even go after Moss? If he wasn't going to offer more than 5th round pick and a reasonable contract, why bother? Also, why bother even showing interest in Keyshawn Johnson?

Completely agree, although I'd call myself moderately pessimistic about TT.

I too am confused about Moss; if you are going to show interest, you might as well make it happen for a fourth.

And I'm still completely baffled by the 1st round.

If you can get Cleveland's first round draft pick next year, why in the world would the great rebuilder not take that ?

At Cleveland's slot, they still could have drafted Sydney Rice or Jarrett and have a top 10 pick in the draft next year. TT must have fell in love with Harrell to turn down that deal; that's out of character for him.