Here is a copy of what Favre said at the conference:

Favre explains himself as minicamp opens
By RICHARD PUFALL
rpufall@journalsentinel.com
Posted: May 18, 2007
Green Bay - A fog of concern had been hovering over the National Football League's smallest city, so Brett Favre showed up early to clear the air.

Packers/NFL

Photo/AP

Brett Favre explains his recent comments during a news conference Friday at the start of a three-day minicamp.

Listen to Favre's news conference

Packers Etc.
'07 Schedule
'07 Camp Dates
'07 Roster
'07 Depth Chart
'07 Draft Picks
'07 Cap Figures
'06 Results
'06 Statistics
'06 Rookie Pay

NFL Draft Review
Review the Green Bay Packers and the 2007 National Football League Draft in our draft section.
GO TO SECTION
NFL Basics
Standings
Statistics
Scoreboard
'07 Draft Order
'07 Calendar
'06 Draft Review
Player index
Team pages
Injuries
Movements

Packer Forum
Got something to get off your chest? Voice your opinion and interact with other fans in our free Packer Forum.
Go to Forum

Favre in Photos

Photo/Jeffrey Phelps

GALLERY: Browse more than 150 Brett Favre photos from 1992 to 2006

Advertisement

Buy a link here"I did want to clear up this trade issue," Favre said at 12:30 p.m. today at a hastily assembled news conference in the Lambeau Field Auditorium. "A non-issue as I call it. Never was a trade ever mentioned, requested. I just don't know where it came from. That's not true. ..."

Favre was referring to an Internet report stating he had requested that the Packers trade him because of the team's inability to acquire Randy Moss in a trade with the Oakland Raiders.

Moss was traded to the New England Patriots for a fourth-round draft choice.

"(Was I) frustrated at this point last week? Yeah?" Favre said just a couple hours before taking the field in the Don Hutson Center for Day 1 of Green Bay's three-day mandatory minicamp. "But I'm here and ready to move forward."

Favre said he had no problem with the direction of the Packers and added that he has a good working relationship with general manager Ted Thompson.

"I think I get over things fairly quickly," Favre said of the Moss issue. "I expressed how I felt. And it's over and done with. I had a good talk with Mike (head coach McCarthy) and Ted (Thompson, general manger) this week.

"You know we don't always agree - not just with Ted and Mike - but we are all that way. But we have a good working relationship. We're able to talk about things. Ultimately, it comes down to me wanting to play and help this team win.

"That's the one thing I can control. Being here, that's what I'm doing. I mean, the teammates I played with last year, the previous years are important to me. The team aspects are very important to me. I've always said that. I'd like to think that I'm not only a good teammate, but a great leader.

"And that's what it ultimately came down to. Agreeing with one' philosophy .... really doesn't matter. What matters is, I'm the quarterback for this team until they tell me different. I enjoy doing it. What's done is done. It's over with."

Favre said, that entering his 17th season, "I just really didn't want to come (to mini-camp)," which he called "kind of boring to be honest with you."

"But had I not shown up, it becomes an even bigger issue," Favre said.

Favre said his unhappiness with losing Moss to New England was not an indictment of the talent on the Packers' roster.

"We're fine," Favre said of his relationship with his teammates. "I don't know what they say when they go home. You show me where I said anything about the (talent of) the guys I play with. I want you to show me. Not once did I say anything about the guys I play with. I want proof that I said something about the guys I play with. Never did I say that."

More coverage of the Packers minicamp will appear online later tonight and in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in the morning