Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FUCK!

Those were some of APB's greatest hits!
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by BF4MVP View Post
    I may think about forgiving TT for passing up Chad Jackson if he gets Maurice Stovall..

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...cestovall.html

Big target.
    From Wiki:
    In 2009, he had a career year, catching 24 passes for 366 yards in seven starts
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Blog Entries
    Yeah Rand, you nailed it.

This was the draft that weaned me on trying to do it myself.

This was the first year that NFL network put the combine on, for some reason, I watched a lot of it. Chad Jackson was a freakin' star in all the catching and underwear drills. He was obviously one of the top WR's goin'. Then TT traded the pick that would have netted Jackson and drafted Greg Jennings.

I was bummed.

Until I saw that Tank thought it was stupid. Tank is/was a fanboy, an asshole, & a liar. So, I felt a lot better in TT's choice. Now, I've happily given up. I wanted Logan Mankins and Chad Jackson, Thompson picked ARod and Greg Jennings. Let's let him do the heavy lifting.

I read PR, a few sites and wait for the draft.

When we draft 'em, I start really paying attention.

I still look forward to the draft, but my scouting activities are now greatly diminished.

Funny stuff.
    C.H.U.D.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Tank is/was a fanboy, an asshole, & a liar.
    but he has a nice smile
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Where the hell did FritzDontBlitz go? You can't post just anywhere with that name.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He was so embarrassed by his misguided ranting about the pick that he has left the posting world. Now he just skulks around online.

As for me, I have taken KY's approach. I bitched and moaned about that goddamn unknown safety fucker, that Nick Collins asshole that everyone said TT could've gotten in the third or fourth round, and I bitched about this unknown fucker, this Greg Jennings, and I was mortified when TT traded TWO THIRDS AND his second to move up for some USC linebacker who only started one year or something.

I was a little uneasy about Ron Wolf giving up a valuable first round pick for a guy who was a second round pick the year before and hadn't played all year.

Plus, I liked Robert Ferguson and Odell Thurman. And I thought Brian Brohm was a good pick.

In my defense, though, my heart sank when Ron Wolf drafted John Michels and again when he drafted Jamaal Reynolds.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    He was so embarrassed by his misguided ranting about the pick that he has left the posting world. Now he just skulks around online.

As for me, I have taken KY's approach. I bitched and moaned about that goddamn unknown safety fucker, that Nick Collins asshole that everyone said TT could've gotten in the third or fourth round, and I bitched about this unknown fucker, this Greg Jennings, and I was mortified when TT traded TWO THIRDS AND his second to move up for some USC linebacker who only started one year or something.

I was a little uneasy about Ron Wolf giving up a valuable first round pick for a guy who was a second round pick the year before and hadn't played all year.

Plus, I liked Robert Ferguson and Odell Thurman. And I thought Brian Brohm was a good pick.

In my defense, though, my heart sank when Ron Wolf drafted John Michels and again when he drafted Jamaal Reynolds.
    With all the pre-draft info that's out now, it just gives me more space to be wrong.

All you draftniks out there, keep that shit coming.

PR is 95% of my "scouting" information.

I love these old threads sometimes.

I always scan 'em real quick to see if I posted something real stupid.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah, totally with you there, Fritz. With those two, I wanted some kind of proof that these guys deserved to be drafted in the first round. You wonder what the scouts and Wolf were seeing. Neither looked like they had any business being drafted first round. I think we've had better street free agents.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

chad jackson? never heard of him...really.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    chad jackson? never heard of him...really.
    Chad Jackson:

College: Florida

NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 2 / Pick: 36

Debuted in 2006 for the New England Patriots

Career History:

New England Patriots (2006–2007)

Denver Broncos (2008–2009)

Buffalo Bills (2010)*

Omaha Nighthawks (2011)*

Oakland Raiders (2011)*

Omaha Nighthawks (2011–present)

I hope he likes living in Omaha.

NFL Career Stats:

http://www.nfl.com/player/chadjackson/2495862/profile

REC 14 ; YDS 171; AVG 12.2; TDS 3
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau