Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Type Of Car You Drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    01 IS300.
    That's a really cool car, and kinda rare... Is it fun to drive? I considered buying one once. Think it was a 2003...

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out
    Here is another good thread starter: "Cars you should have never sold" Mine would be a a 84 Mercedes 300D Wagon. The Pussy Canoe. RIP.
    I had for over 300,000 a 1990 Mercedes 300E. Best car I ever owned. One of my closest friends still has it. His wife drives it daily, over 400K on it.... Still running strong.

Should have never sold that car... Miss it all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Dodge Durango. My two previous vehicles were a soft-top Jeep Wrangler Sport and then a dual-top Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I loved those vehicles. Had to get something more handy for a family once I got married.
    So how's the gas mileage on the Durango when your pulling the house?

When is someone going to mention a car worth stealing? :P
    I have a 2000 Durango... over 140,000 miles and runs like new! looks like new! MPG about 18 on a good day!

Just bought a Chrysler Sebring for my wife, and it is NICE!

Car worth stealing... 1966 Mustang GT, Candy Apple Red, Black vinyl roof.. 289 4bbl 4 Speed! Screw all those foreign cars, nothing like good ol' American Muscle! (Had a 69 Chevelle SS, 68 Camaro SS convertible).

Goal of my life is a Shelby Cobra Mustang!
    My Two favorite teams are the Packers, and whoever plays the Vikings!

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    01 IS300.
    That's a really cool car, and kinda rare... Is it fun to drive? I considered buying one once. Think it was a 2003...
    Rare? I didn't think so, see them all the time. Definitely fun to drive..got both the auto and tiptronic..wish I had the paddles, but still fun. Got the sunroof as well.

Definitely moves, but honestly, it isn't a bmw. But, alot less problems then a bmw. It is just a souped up camry built in japan.

When I bought it, i was coming out of a very abusive saab and german relationship. I wanted a no drama relationship, and the IS has provided just that. Haven't had one problem.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfan
    Car worth stealing... 1966 Mustang GT, Candy Apple Red, Black vinyl roof.. 289 4bbl 4 Speed! Screw all those foreign cars, nothing like good ol' American Muscle! (Had a 69 Chevelle SS, 68 Camaro SS convertible).

Goal of my life is a Shelby Cobra Mustang!
    That's what I'm talking bout!!

I love the old skool rides. I learned to drive with a 1970 Chevy Malibu. Considering how old it was the handling was great.

"Cars you should have never sold"
    My first Jeep Wrangler. I bought it new, and I still beat it to hell. Tough SOB. I pussied the second one.

My first car was a '76 Red Volare Station Wagon. My second one was a '78 Pontiac Grand Lemans Station Wagon. The second one had wood paneling. Think Clark Griswold. It was sweet growing up poor. Hell, I was excited just to have a car. I didn't have one in high school. I was excited until I found out that half my paycheck would go to liability insurance on the focker.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    "Cars you should have never sold"
    My first Jeep Wrangler. I bought it new, and I still beat it to hell. Tough SOB. I pussied the second one.

My first car was a '76 Red Volare Station Wagon. My second one was a '78 Pontiac Grand Lemans Station Wagon. The second one had wood paneling. Think Clark Griswold. It was sweet growing up poor. Hell, I was excited just to have a car. I didn't have one in high school. I was excited until I found out that half my paycheck would go to liability insurance on the focker.
    I bought a Buick station wagon once, old fleet car for some local drilling company. Sucker was a war-wagon...had a 350 in it with a posi rear end. Just beat it to hell. Went like mad in the snow.
    C.H.U.D.

I learned to drive in a '73 Olds Cutlass Supreme:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

I had an '84 Pontiac Fiero when I got home from the Army, though.

That thing ran GREAT in the snow. [/sarcasm]

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I'm still riding in my 1979 Lincoln Continental Mark V.

(That's me and the Mrs. in the Pic, BTW)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    02 Corolla
    00 T&C Minivan (gotta have room for the kiddies)

I really want to get the Prius though. Figured out that I would have to fill up 3x/yr with that car.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Worst used cars. Well..according to their readers.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...used_cars.html
    C.H.U.D.

1st car and car I wish I still had (mine was not in this good of shape)

68 Buick Grand Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike

My ex in college ha done of those. Just terrible in the ice and snow. I did an inadvertent 360 while making a left turn..right around Camp Randall. People were crossing the street. I was FREAKED OUT.

People say that your life flashes before them...well, all I could see was the headlines about fiero taking out like 10 college students.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 411 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper Edelbrock intakes, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike

My ex in college ha done of those. Just terrible in the ice and snow. I did an inadvertent 360 while making a left turn..right around Camp Randall. People were crossing the street. I was FREAKED OUT.

People say that your life flashes before them...well, all I could see was the headlines about fiero taking out like 10 college students.
    Yep.....once that vehicle started sliding in the snow, about all you could hope for was to hit some pavement, or you just waited 'til the car hit the curb or a snowbank to slow down the momentum. Of course, that car was so low-slung that in the winter it was often below the level of the snow, so sometimes at intersections, I just gave her hell and hoped I made it.

Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 411 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper Edelbrock intakes, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle.
    Wooderson rules
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Wooderson rules
    Alright, alright, alright.

Worst used cars. Well..according to their readers.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...used_cars.html
    Go to your local library and check out Ralph Nader's Unsafe At Any Speed.

It is an excellent book about the many defects in GM's Corvair.

I had the opportunity to drive a Corvair in '72 when a roommate loaded me his car. I could not believe how poorly it handled driving 55-60 mph on the freeway! I literally had to clutch the steering wheel with both hands to keep in in the lane.

At the time, the car was only 2-3 years old.

My mom had one. Somehow my brother put it in a ditch...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings