Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tank’s Take on the Draft

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I think it willbe interesting to see what VD does for SF, especially when they play the Pack. The increasing appeal for VD was just like being on a used car lot with the salesguy telling you he "has three other parties interested in that fine vee-hickle."
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    If giving Tank his own column means he doesn't spew his same opinion over and over again on every forum thread than I am all for it, but if I have to hear the Huff verse Hawk comparison any where else, I will get his ass and his column!

Whaddya think, Tank? Should TT help out your buddy?

POSTED 12:09 p.m. EDT, April 30, 2006

HARRINGTON SITUATION GETTING UGLIER (OR LIONS GETTING STUPIDER)

John Clayton of ESPN.com reports that the Detroit Lions are considering a challenge to the financial arrangement that quarterback Joey Harrington has worked out with the Miami Dolphins.

The Lions decided several weeks back to part ways with Harrington. Instead of cutting the No. 3 overall pick in the 2002 draft, the Lions have been trying to get value for him via a trade. It's a foregone conclusion that, if the Lions can't trade him before June 15, when Harrington is due to receive a $4 million roster bonus, Harrington will be released.

So Harrington and his agent, David Dunn, engaged in talks with teams like the Bengals and the Dolphins in effort to work out a new financial agreement. After all, no team is going to give up a draft pick and then assume a contract requiring it to cough up $4 million in less than two months.

Harrington and Dunn worked out a deal with the Dolphins, and Dunn recently announced that Harrington wants to go there.

The only glitch? The Lions and the Fins can't get together on compensation.

Now, the Lions are complaining about the deal that they invited Harrington and Dunn to make with the Fins in an effort to secure a trade.

Because Harrington has in hand an acceptable financial package with the Dolphins, Joey apparently is refusing to work with the Browns or Broncos or anyone else who might be interested in acquiring him. But Harrington has no obligation to restructure his deal. If Cleveland or Denver want to acquire his rights, they acquire the whole package -- including the $4 million roster bonus.

Obviously, no team will work out a trade until after they first work out an acceptable financial package. In this case, the Dolphins worked out the terms with Harrington, but then reached an impasse with the Lions.

The best move for the Lions at this point would be to shut up. They created this mess. The blame for the fact that it's not being cleaned up in the manner that the Lions prefer falls only to the Lions.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Millen = The only GM to make Sherm look like a genius GM.
    Millen = Moron

Take your choice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    If giving Tank his own column means he doesn't spew his same opinion over and over again on every forum thread than I am all for it, but if I have to hear the Huff verse Hawk comparison any where else, I will get his ass and his column!
    Amen, Bro.

Nutz fer Leader!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarlam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    I think Tank needs his own column.
    Motion seconded.

All those in favor?
    Only if it's called "The O-Z"!!!!!!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Or, if Tank takes on the Jim Anchower persona and calls his column "The Cruise"

Hola Amigos! It's been a long time since I rapped at ya, but it's been Nuttsville in the Anchower basement since yours truly had to monitor Polar Bear sightings during last weekend's NFL draft.........

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz

HAHAHAHA!!!! You owe me a new keyboard!!!!