Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: They made it.

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar

They made it.

From JSO:

They made it: Defensive tackles Johnny Jolly and Pickett, both of whom drew McCarthy's ire on Friday for failing a conditioning run, passed Monday in the Hutson Center and will practice for the first time today.

The defensive linemen had to run across the field and back in 20 seconds a total of eight times with 40-second rest intervals. On Friday, Jolly completed only six and Pickett made just five.

"I should have passed it the first time but things happen," Jolly said. "I'm back now, right?"

Jolly said he reported at 327 pounds, five more than he played at as a rookie. Pickett said he was in the 345-pound range, about seven more than late last season.

"I'm in shape," Pickett said. "I know that's what people think when you don't make it. I made the test three days later. It felt better this time. I was more hydrated."
    Figured they would. One less thing for the BAMs (bitchers and moaners) to cry about.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how many of us could do that drill.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    I see what you are saying...but we aren't getting paid seven figures to stay in shape either.

I could have pulled it off 7/3/07 but after that, these crutches slow me down too much.

I could. (no problem )

Ras, I bet you could do it with the crutches...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Most of us would. That's assuming not many of us weigh 300 pounds or more . As a grown man, it shouldn't be aproblem to run about 106 yards in 20 seconds a few times. The women get a free pass, as do all the kids (e.g. BallHawk )

Blog Entries

If I was paid what Pickett or even Jolly made I'd make sure I could
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    I agree that the highpriced fat boys should be able to do it. I was just wondering how hard it really is.

Maybe we should give it a try at the get together?

Surely any of us (including myself) could do "a few." The first three, maybe even four or five, would be no problem ... it's the last couple three that would be tough.

Also, the article mentioned that the defensive linemen get 20 seconds. All you little skinny folks would get something like 10 seconds.

Just for perspective :

In 3rd grade I ran 1000meters in 3:35. That translates to 1093 yards in 215 seconds. Or 19,6 per 100y. Ok I did not have to stop and turn around, but I also had no rest and was 10 at the time . So a professional athlete, even if he is fat, should be able to complete the drill any time

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    I've got a 2 year old that could do it in half the time. as a matter of fact he does it everyday.....I wish he would take the 40 sec breaks. it'd give dad a chance to catch up!

Blog Entries
    I dont Sep, lil kids seem to have endless energy. I dont know if anyone 30 plus who aint well conditioned can hack it. Im gonna try to do it!

I dont Sep, lil kids seem to have endless energy. I dont know if anyone 30 plus who aint well conditioned can hack it. Im gonna try to do it!
    I'll run it with you. Anyone else?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

I'm very tempted to try it.

Im gonna try to do it!
    Sounds like fun. I will try to find a 160feet field somewhere here. A soccer field is to wide.

We should start with the fat boys and work our way towards the DBs.

Somewhere last year i found the required times for each postion.
    I think it was devided into DL/OL, LB/TE, QBs, RBs, DB/WR or something similar. Would be interesting at which position we pass out :P.

Just a word of caution, guys: Do the race before you wolf down brats and beer. We don't want major upheaval.
    "I've got one word for you- Dallas, Texas, Super Bowl"- Jermichael Finley

? HOFer
    I agree that the highpriced fat boys should be able to do it. I was just wondering how hard it really is.

Maybe we should give it a try at the get together?
    I'd imagine it is fairly tough. Those guys are probably in pretty good shape.

Then join us in the run, Partial.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idle_threat
    Surely any of us (including myself) could do "a few." The first three, maybe even four or five, would be no problem ... it's the last couple three that would be tough.

Also, the article mentioned that the defensive linemen get 20 seconds. All you little skinny folks would get something like 10 seconds.
    Uhhh, 10 seconds? 106 yards. That's roughly an Olympic gold medal isn't it
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Then join us in the run, Partial.
    i'd be out of gas after 2 passes let alone the 8 they have to do