Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Proof that Bush is an ........interesting person.

Quote Originally Posted by falco
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Propaganda.

While Bush is a pretty poor public speaker (which is by no means a correlation to intelligence), plenty of other presidents have made stupid mistakes in speeches, too. The thing is the internet and recording were not as prevalent 20, 30, 40, etc years ago to make these speeches so readily available to the public.

Bush is smarter than you'll ever be and has accomplished more as well. What makes you think he is an idiot and you are not?
    Of course its just propaganda Partial. Its just meant to be funny. Bush did his undergrad at Yale and earned his MBA from Harvard. Thats pretty impressive. Most people in the know think his "average joe" act is an attempt to earn votes.

You're hardly one to call anybody an idiot though.
    Let's call a spade a spade. Bush attended Yale because he was a legacy. He wasn't a great student in high school, and it didn't change in college. He essentially had a C average at Yale (as did Kerry). Getting Cs is nothing to write home about and at most private universities they go outta their way not to flunk anybody out (if you flunk out then you can't be an alumni donor which is crucial since they receive no state funds).

He attended Harvard for his MBA, but he got in because of his name. You and i wouldn't be able to attend if we had a C average in our undergrad studies).

Is he an idiot, no. Is he bright, inventive, and curious. NO. His career, prior to his governorship was one of failing upward.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBlues
    You know what? This is real f@#king simple.... blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    Well guess what dill-hole. You don't get to set rules for who posts what in your little threads. Being a jackhole about people taking the discussion in whatever direction they want to take it doesn't help either.

Nobody asked for Partial's opinions, but no one asked for your original post either, and guess what, they're both here. Until this site is renamed "PackerBlues's Stupid Lists" stop trying to tell people what and where to post.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Unleashed in the early sixteenth century, the Reformation put an abrupt end to the relative unity that had existed for the previous thousand years in Western Christendom under the Roman Catholic Church. The Reformation, which began in Germany but spread quickly throughout Europe, was initiated in response to the growing sense of corruption and administrative abuse in the church. It expressed an alternate vision of Christian practice, and led to the creation and rise of Protestantism, with all its individual branches. Images, especially, became effective tools for disseminating negative portrayals of the church (Satire on Popery, 53.677.5), and for popularizing Reformation ideas; art, in turn, was revolutionized by the movement.

Though rooted in a broad dissatisfaction with the church, the birth of the Reformation can be traced to the protests of one man, the German Augustinian monk Martin Luther (1483–1546) (Martin Luther as a Monk, 20.64.21; Martin Luther, 55.220.2). In 1517, he nailed to a church door in Wittenberg, Saxony, a manifesto listing 95 arguments, or Theses, against the use and abuse of indulgences, which were official pardons for sins granted after guilt had been forgiven through penance. Particularly objectionable to the reformers was the selling of indulgences, which essentially allowed sinners to buy their way into heaven, and which, from the beginning of the sixteenth century, had become common practice. But, more fundamentally, Luther questioned basic tenets of the Roman Church, including the clergy's exclusive right to grant salvation. He believed human salvation depended on individual faith, not on clerical mediation, and conceived of the Bible as the ultimate and sole source of Christian truth. He also advocated the abolition of monasteries and criticized the church's materialistic use of art. Luther was excommunicated in 1520, but was granted protection by the elector of Saxony, Frederick the Wise (1463–1525) (46.179.1), and given safe conduct to the Imperial Diet in Worms and then asylum in Wartburg.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket
    Luther was excommunicated in 1520, but was granted protection by the elector of Saxony, Frederick the Wise (1463–1525) (46.179.1), and given safe conduct to the Imperial Diet in Worms and then asylum in Wartburg.
    I knew there was a connection between your last post and your first two, but it took a while to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier
    Luther was excommunicated in 1520, but was granted protection by the elector of Saxony, Frederick the Wise (1463–1525) (46.179.1), and given safe conduct to the Imperial Diet in Worms and then asylum in Wartburg.
    I knew there was a connection between your last post and your first two, but it took a while to find it.
    Everybody knows that Luther, like John Kerry and McCain today, had a strange fondness for animals, even retarded ones, and that was the true reason for his excommunication.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw4Bhmm22xo&mode=related&search=

Cool video hoosier.

Cool video hoosier.

That's much better. Kudos.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar

Cool video hoosier.

That's much better. Kudos.
    Wow, that is enlightening. Thanks for the find hoosier!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

3 different Bush VS. Bush videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjJAIuQz9D8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de0ft7iuJKg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnR66L7o8R0

The first one is Governor Bush VS. President Bush
    The second video is 1st term President Bush VS. 2nd term President Bush
    The third is Bush at a press conference with a look-alike comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    Quote Originally Posted by PaCkFan_n_MD
    I agree with Falco, if you don't like the thread, don't post in it.

I found this thread started by you HW pretty bizarre but I didn't feel the need to let you know it.
    http://www.packerrats.com/ratchat/viewtopic.php?t=7444
    That's fair. I don't agree, but I'll back out. Seems this board has gotten mean-spirited lately. Everybody is so polarized. On politics. On Ted Thompson. On many other things. Maybe my shot at Bigby and Walker was a part of that.
    careful.... sounds like your calling for the "majority mob" that sticks together... FWIW, Harv I agree with you. you shouldn't back out. the internet has given everyone an opinion, including the IDIOTS. and PBlues- I'm still proud to have voted for Bush - TWICE, and I'd do it again too.
    I'd do it again too. People don't realize how hard it has to be to be put in such a tough situation. Few presidents would come out with strong approval ratings during such a tough time.

Personally, we can only hope our next leader has an equivalent pair of stones to the of GWB.
    What situation are you referring to? The war? If so, he put himself in that situation. Unless you think he takes orders from Cheney.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    I'm still proud to have voted for Bush - TWICE, and I'd do it again too.

Well don't do it again. He's not running.

Personally, I nominate Chris Matthews as the biggest idiot walking on two legs. Here's his take on Karl Rove's leaving and the Democrats hard-on for him.
    .................................................. ...................................

"He's used executive privilege to protect himself from Pat Leahy and the Judiciary Committee, and Congressman Henry Waxman, both hot-to-trot to get him in a witness chair. I think Henry Waxman is going to go after him now. He's not involved in any criminal proceeding with -- like Scooter Libby is. He can't claim he's in the appellate process. He's exposed now, it seems to me, on the leak case in terms of the eight US attorneys, uh, that were fired, uh, I think he's also exposed there, not having the White House position anymore.

This guy is the Democrats' Moby Dick.

They've been after this guy for years. They blame him for Bush's election. They believe he got a guy elected to the presidency who didn't have the brains to get there on his own. They believe he forged the election of 2002, the congressional election, on the war in Iraq and won the election in 2004 the same way using evangelicals. They blame Rove for every problem they've had. He had a lot to do with developing that 2000 election whereby George Bush, a relative unknown, was able to come in and win the presidency basically by exploiting the Monica mess."

Chris, you forgot, 9-11, Hurricane Katrina, Global Warming, Minn. bridge collapse, Darfur, Michael Vick and dogfighting, etc...

Almost nothing coming out of the idiot's mouth even begins to resemble the truth. Yet, the kooks love him. He's a member of the right political party.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I think the U-tube videos of Cal Coolidge are much funnier. Especially the one (I don't have the link) with the following:

Called "Silent Cal," Coolidge was once challenged by a reporter, saying, "I bet someone that I could get more than two words out of you." Coolidge responded, "You lose."

Even funnier are the UTube vids of Grant falling off his horse drunk. Beats trying to find the second gunman on the grassy knoll (or on Chuck Nolls' grassy ...).
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

WOW, a thread about politics and I have said a word. I think I'll keep it that way since the rhetoric is really funny to read (and watch)!
    "Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.”
    – Benjamin Franklin