Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FYI

OK, hats off to Mad and anyone helping to get this going. Now I am going to stop kissing your butts and get back to bashing somebody.
    Doughnuts, is there anything they can't do?

Formerly known as Pack4ever

Quote Originally Posted by pack4ever
    OK, hats off to Mad and anyone helping to get this going. Now I am going to stop kissing your butts and get back to bashing somebody.
    Wow, an FYI thread and we have a collegial understanding to agree to disagree?

Good stuff....

I don't expect it will last long...

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    I don't expect it will last long...
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    Doughnuts, is there anything they can't do?

Formerly known as Pack4ever

You folks can be...oh, how can I say this...um...spirited?

"You folks" - he he.

Please continue bashing the Dukies...

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Sorry to bump this up and here's a few updates for anyone who cares:

DNA results do not link players to accuser.

Accuser is perceived to be intoxicated when she arrived at the party.

Two players were arrested.

This dilemma has politik written all over it; politk of gender, of race, of class. I'm surprised JSONLINE's politikians have not yet showed up. Maybe it’s because the unfortunate event is merely another boring he said/she said crisis. Maybe the politikians are too busy arguing about the real politik of Iraq. Maybe they just don’t care.

On a lighter note, you have to try this.

Google the word failure and instead of using the search button, use "I'm feeling lucky" and see what comes up.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

On a lighter note, you have to try this.

Google the word failure and instead of using the search button, use "I'm feeling lucky" and see what comes up.
    I googled "ted thompson" and i got "polar bear."

This place( The FYI Thread) needs a serious kick in the crotch.

One of the threads I really respected at another site. But it has turned to puss....

Hey tank - I saw a story on CNN about polar bears and how the U.S. gov't is considering putting them on the endangered species list due to global warming. Polar bears cannot survive w/out sea ice.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    I thought they needed seals to survive?

Quote Originally Posted by FavreChild
    Hey tank - I saw a story on CNN about polar bears and how the U.S. gov't is considering putting them on the endangered species list due to global warming. Polar bears cannot survive w/out sea ice.

Yeah, i heard. JSR started a thread on it. Honestly, (and as a liberal) I'm more for the economic well-being of human beings than for animal conservation. I would cut down the rain forest if it means long term economic prosperity for humans.

I think the funds provided to conserve endangered animals, animals in which humans have no use for (such as for food or as utilities), should be used instead to improve the human society. Millions of people are starving around the world and yet we are spending (or should I say, wasting) millions of dollars saving a few thousand polar bears (or other animals). That to me is injustice at the very heart of the human race.

Senior Rat All-Pro jack's smirking revenge's Avatar
    Thanks for the tip Zigs. That made me chuckle. Here's another fun little ditty...

http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

tyler
    Receive thy new Possessor: One who brings
    A mind not to be chang'd by Place or Time.
    The mind is its own place, and in it self
    Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n.

"Paradise Lost"-John Milton

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    "Hey tank - I saw a story on CNN about polar bears and how the U.S. gov't is considering putting them on the endangered species list due to global warming. Polar bears cannot survive w/out sea ice. "
    ----

You have to use some common sense with this global warming thing. Think carefully. 1) How long have polar bears been around? 2) How recent was the last global warming? 3) What is the temperature around the North pole? 4) Even the most extreme global warming models have a rise of a max of about 2-4C over the next 100 years. So even if the most dire predictions are correct, some ice will melt, the habitat of the polar bears will shift, as will the habitats of other species including humans. Expectations remain that life will not die out on a global scale. Finally, why are people willing to believe the long-term predictions of global warming when the weather guys can't even predict with reasonable accuracy more than a few days ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear
    Sorry to bump this up and here's a few updates for anyone who cares:

DNA results do not link players to accuser.

Accuser is perceived to be intoxicated when she arrived at the party.

Two players were arrested.

This dilemma has politik written all over it; politk of gender, of race, of class. I'm surprised JSONLINE's politikians have not yet showed up. Maybe it’s because the unfortunate event is merely another boring he said/she said crisis. Maybe the politikians are too busy arguing about the real politik of Iraq. Maybe they just don’t care.
    Those poor accused boys went to a all-boys Catholic prep school that cost 23,000 a year 9-12 grade. How could they possibly be accused of such a horrendous crime with such an elite background!!

As this is the FYI thread, I just want one thing noted for the record. Bush sucks. Discuss.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    As this is the FYI thread, I just want one thing noted for the record. Bush sucks. Discuss.
    I love Bush

George Bush, dear. I was referring to our president.

HAHA....... B got you there zig!