View Poll Results: A Polar Bear Named Ted

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • On gay hookers

2 10.00%
  • On Arturo Freeman (Thompson loves Freeman, really!)

0 0%
  • On Cleditus Hunt (Bring him back to camp; allow him to suffer another season ending injury and then paid him $5 mil to sit at home)

0 0%
  • Do nothing and throw the money away (again)

2 10.00%
  • Give Driver, Green, Tausher, Clifton extensions (defying logic)

5 25.00%
  • Sign Kyan Douglas, Ted Allen, Jai Rodriquez, Thom Filicia and Carson Kressley (the fag 5; on offense, I am a liberal so i am indifferent toward people like Thompson)

0 0%
  • Other (explain,please; but do not count on thompson to sign a star; it is just not his nature)

11 55.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Will Ted Thompson do With $5.713 M in Cap Room?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

What Will Ted Thompson do With $5.713 M in Cap Room?

jsonline: As of Thursday, the Packers were $12.36 million beneath the 2006 salary cap. The $6.647 million they are allowed to spend on rookies will come out of that $12.36 million figure.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

He will use it to shore up the roster after june 1, then keep the rest for extensions and such to some players....name me a star to go after.

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA
    He will use it to shore up the roster after june 1, then keep the rest for extensions and such to some players....name me a star to go after.
    I can name you 3 stars thompson could've and should've signed but failed to sign them because he either lacks the charisma to lure the (straight) players to Green Bay, or he inefficiently managed the cap.

Chad Hutchinson

Terrell Owens

LeCharles Bentley

I'm talking about players available now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LEWCWA
    I'm talking about players available now!!!
    Who hide in his cave while the pretty girls got fucked by nerds?

Who stood idle while the opportunity to enhance world peace passed him by?

Ted Thompson.

Good Poll. Shame you had to rape the thread by spewing idiocy.

There are very very few people left that will criticize TT's total performance from Day 1 till this point in his career.

Sure, there are actions we wish he'd have taken, or not taken maybe. But the collective doings of TT are being applauded league wide. Indeed, I would think the rest of the NFC is eyeing our team far more warily than as little as 12 days ago.

It is such a shame that you feel your place in life is to throw a handful of shit and hope some of it sticks to the wall. If this is all still part of your theseis, Tank, as you once claimed, then you are taking a heck of a lot of time on researching for it. I hope it works out for ya, big fella.

APB, the depth (or more accurately the lack of depth) of your knowledge and understanding is summed up in this poll option:

"Do nothing and throw the money away (again)"

"Again"? When did he throw cap space away before? Not last year. GB's available cap this year is nearly $2 million ($1.737 million) higher than the league-wide base salary cap number simply because TT did not spend money foolishly, did not let it go to waste and pushed it forward to 2006.

One of the basic concepts of fiscal repsonsibility for individuals and business is to invest money wisely. Too many businesses and individuals spend money just because they have it. Successful ones wait, and spend money when good opportunities are available. That is what TT is trying to do, make wise choices in how he spends money so that if a truly great opportunity comes up he has the money (cap space) to act.

He could go out, spend money foolishly and end up like some pro athletes who make tens of millions of dollars, party it up a few years with the glitz and glamour, but file bankruptcy or scrape to make a living a few years later. Or he can do as he has so far, spend wisely always looking to the future, build a solid base and be a successful organization over the long term.

This poll is as worthless as your word, Tank. Which is trash 'til you pay up.

(I find it particularly interesting with Tank's penchant for misspelling things that he has all of the "Fab Five's" names spelled correctly...)
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by shamrockfan
    APB, the depth (or more accurately the lack of depth) of your knowledge and understanding is summed up in this poll option:

One of the basic concepts of fiscal repsonsibility for individuals and business is to invest money wisely. Too many businesses and individuals spend money just because they have it. Successful ones wait, and spend money when good opportunities are available. That is what TT is trying to do, make wise choices in how he spends money so that if a truly great opportunity comes up he has the money (cap space) to act.
    I don't think leaving money lying around instead of using it on Mike Wahle is "wise" investment. The $2 M you are talking about, actually Thompson couldve had $4.5 M but he fucked up with the Hunt situation, shouldve been used on Wahle.Signing Freeman, Thompson, ODwyer, Klemm and Little arent wise investment.

I don't think leaving money lying around instead of using it on Chad Hutchinson or/and LeCharles Bently is good investment. Thompson had the money, $35 M might I remind you, and the only real upgrade he can give the Pack is at CB with Woodson. That is not wise investment.

Bypassing players of Wahle and Hutchinson's caliber is "missed opportunity." Signing players like Freeman and ODwyer is called fuck up. 4-12 is your result.

The salary cap isnt about saving money, otherwise teams should just forget about free agency and depends wholly on the draft since rookies contracts are always below that of the FA rate. It is about finding the best players available with whatever money you have to upgrade your roster. If you let money lie around when you couldve gotten Wahle or Hutchinson, then you are, I will repeat, inefficiently managing your cap or you lack the charisma to lure such players to your team. You stink, your team stink.

What Ive written above is what I meant when I wrote: "Do nothing and throw the money away (again)."

Am I clear?

Brewmeister Rat Starter Travbrew's Avatar
    Wow, what a crappy way to start my morning, more moronic rantings from Tank to read. YIPPEE!!
    Tank,
    I challenge you to come up with some new shtick. Your TT routine is about as washed up and entertaining as Ray "Jay" Johson or Yackoff Smirnoff. How about some new material?
    Just because TT doesn't try to pull off the "blockbuster" trade scenarios that you so often talk about, you think he's the second coming of the plague. Remember, TT is a REAL GM his job is light years harder than you'll ever comprehend and is not like you playing GM and signing all the "big name" FAs like you do in Madden 06. And the gay stuff?????? WTFO? I don't care if he fucks chickens (not on company time though), so far I think he's doing a good job. Patience grasshopper, Rome was not built in a day.
    So again, show us why Mommy and Daddy are spending all of their money on your education (if that's what you call it), and dazzle us with some new, cutting edge routines.
    Semper Fi
    "Hhhmmm, beer..my only vice."

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy

(I find it particularly interesting with Tank's penchant for misspelling things that he has all of the "Fab Five's" names spelled correctly...)
    Fag 5. Have you ever heard of the show "Queer Eyes for the Straight Guy?" I basically copied and pasted their name from a source of that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Travbrew
    Wow, what a crappy way to start my morning, more moronic rantings from Tank to read. YIPPEE!!
    Dont like what i writes, dont read. Who's forcing you? Be like me, if you can. I only got to the above part when reading your post, and then stopped. If I can do it, you can too. Its all psychology man.

Firstly real liberals don't use that word (they also keep their promises), secondly, I find it particularly interesting that you went to the trouble to go to their website to do a little research. Did you learn any good grooming tips or was that not what you were looking for? You can admit that Kyan's a hottie.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Firstly real liberals don't use that word (they also keep their promises), secondly, I find it particularly interesting that you went to the trouble to go to their website to do a little research. Did you learn any good grooming tips or was that not what you were looking for? You can admit that Kyan's a hottie.
    Honestly, I ve never watched that show in my life. I heard about it from friends. I am only using that show as a reference because I think Thompson is gay.

From what I heard those folks teach straight guy how to dress. I might just watch the show one day, cos I am probably the worst dresser in the world. I hate to shop. I am a econ major so to me shopping is a waste of money, and since i support fair trade/human rights, i refuse to buy anything from any brand that exploits developing countries' human labor or market.

The reason I say i might want to watch the show is because I need to learn how to look sharp for job/internship interviews and the such.

I told you, you can't call him gay without the necessary proof so now that I know you love the Fab Five, I will consider that proof enough.

Finding clothing is not a waste of money. It supports the lives of those who make garments for a living. And as I've been to DC a number of times, I can pretty much assure you that if you look for it, you will not have too much trouble finding clothing acquired through fair trade in that city.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I think he should use the money to sign Sterling Sharpe as a nose tackle.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Speaking of real liberals. Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy, son of "Chappaquiddick Teddy" and grandson of criminal millionaire Joseph Kennedy, nearly hit a police cruiser in D.C. yesterday. He subsequently smashed into a barricade and staggered out of his vehicle claiming to be late for a vote. (The House had closed for business three hours earlier.)

Capital police showed up and sent the investigating officers away without allowing a field sobriety test.

Tank, in your next life you've just got to apply to be a Kennedy. How fun would THAT be?

I didn't vote in your sham poll. TT is doing fine.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

I told you, you can't call him gay without the necessary proof so now that I know you love the Fab Five, I will consider that proof enough.

Finding clothing is not a waste of money. It supports the lives of those who make garments for a living. And as I've been to DC a number of times, I can pretty much assure you that if you look for it, you will not have too much trouble finding clothing acquired through fair trade in that city.
    How could I "love" the "Fab 5" when I called them "fag 5?" I am just who I am: a liberal. I am indifferent toward gay folks.

Maybe it is just me because, despite all the economics class ive taken, I am still missing that unnecessary "HOME ECON" class. You buy some cloths and then you wash them and then they shrink and become useless. TOTALLY WASTE OF MONEY!

You rarely find products from companies that are engaging in fair trade practices anymore. Most of the finished products that you see at the mall likely come from outsourcing and off shoring. Cheaper products for customers in the US, sure; but outsourcing and offshoring unethically exploit the labor markets of developing nations and depress the labor economy in the US.

Gosh, I really do hate shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by swede
    Speaking of real liberals. Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy, son of "Chappaquiddick Teddy" and grandson of criminal millionaire Joseph Kennedy, nearly hit a police cruiser in D.C. yesterday. He subsequently smashed into a barricade and staggered out of his vehicle claiming to be late for a vote. (The House had closed for business three hours earlier.)

Capital police showed up and sent the investigating officers away without allowing a field sobriety test.
    Didnt know that. The reason is because I usually don't read anything other than the sports page anymore. Reading the sports page is something you can do without having to go through depressing issues such as warfare, welfare, injustice, discrimination, and other things that is wrong with the world.

In my next life I hope I am born in an Utopia.

TT will roll the unused space into next year by giving players unatainable incentive bonuses. Or he will reward performance in the 2006 season with contract extensions for DD , Barnett or Gado. The TT bashing is really getting old Tank. Weed is supposed to mello you out , not fire you up.
    Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?
    Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.