Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Over/Under On The Thompson Bashers

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell
    OK. ENOUGH ALREADY. I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE. I'LL ADMIT IT.

I was wrong about Thompson. Very, very wrong. So wrong, that I shall not make another prediction about his success or lack thereof for at least one entire week.

I especially apologize to Shadow and JH, who I know acknowledge as having the finest football minds on this board. I'd wash and wax their cars if only I lived a little closer.

Humbly, and with a deep sense of shame,

Scott Campbell
    This is really very funny. I laughed out loud. Thanks for improving my outlook on this Crappy Monday.

I vote we rename JH - NOSTRADAMUS, and Shadow - "The old guy who is convinced he knows everything". (edit) Legend in his own mind? <sigh> Somebody with more wit than me want to take a stab?

I'm sure someone with a better mind than me can shorten that a bit.

Week 4 is a bit soon to proclaim victory, meanwhile, I'll watch the Packers and enjoy the games. About week 12 or 13 (most likely), I'll be doing a major mea culpa on Ted the genius (but probably NOT before).

I just want to see 'em play in the rain and snow with no running game 1st. I also remember the 2006 Vikings who were 4-0 before finishing 6-10.... horribly on most of the things they tried to do, except for run defense, but looked like super geniuses in week 4.

Lots of football to play...and hopefully enjoy. I'm delighted with how things have gone, yet concerned with several things, the running game, the run defense, Jarrett Bush, backup safeties, and the seemingly "fragile" health of Al Harris (tho he's been playing and well so far).

Right now, they have things under control, so I'm not griping. Not posting much because I'm busy at work, and you guys really don't want to hear me talk about good things - you'd just throw it in my face and remind me that I really don't like ole' Ted (and I still don't). Doesn't mean he hasn't put together a winner, and I can appreciate the team and not like him, right? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    It bothers me when users state opinions as facts.

Include an "I think" or an "In my opinion", etc.
    In my opinion, you are off your rocker. I think.
    You all remind me of pitbulls...
    Pitbulls? How about "yapping chihuahua's"?

Quote Originally Posted by retailguy
    I just want to see 'em play in the rain and snow with no running game 1st. I also remember the 2006 Vikings who were 4-0 before finishing 6-10....
    They were 4-2. They were 2-0 and 4-2, but never got more than 2 games above .500.

OK. ENOUGH ALREADY. I CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE. I'LL ADMIT IT.

I was wrong about Thompson. Very, very wrong. So wrong, that I shall not make another prediction about his success or lack thereof for at least one entire week.

I especially apologize to Shadow and JH, who I know acknowledge as having the finest football minds on this board. I'd wash and wax their cars if only I lived a little closer.

Humbly, and with a deep sense of shame,

Scott Campbell
    This is really very funny. I laughed out loud. Thanks for improving my outlook on this Crappy Monday.

I vote we rename JH - NOSTRADAMUS, and Shadow - "The old guy who is convinced he knows everything". (edit) Legend in his own mind? <sigh> Somebody with more wit than me want to take a stab?

I'm sure someone with a better mind than me can shorten that a bit.

Week 4 is a bit soon to proclaim victory, meanwhile, I'll watch the Packers and enjoy the games. About week 12 or 13 (most likely), I'll be doing a major mea culpa on Ted the genius (but probably NOT before).

I just want to see 'em play in the rain and snow with no running game 1st. I also remember the 2006 Vikings who were 4-0 before finishing 6-10.... horribly on most of the things they tried to do, except for run defense, but looked like super geniuses in week 4.

Lots of football to play...and hopefully enjoy. I'm delighted with how things have gone, yet concerned with several things, the running game, the run defense, Jarrett Bush, backup safeties, and the seemingly "fragile" health of Al Harris (tho he's been playing and well so far).

Right now, they have things under control, so I'm not griping. Not posting much because I'm busy at work, and you guys really don't want to hear me talk about good things - you'd just throw it in my face and remind me that I really don't like ole' Ted (and I still don't). Doesn't mean he hasn't put together a winner, and I can appreciate the team and not like him, right? Right?
    WRONG!

Actually whatever, its a message board. Does anything any of us type here really matter in the grand, or even not so grand, scheme of things? Packers could go 16-0 and people who dislike TT would gripe about something. Pack could go 0-16 and people who like TT would find something they liked out of the situation. I'm just watching games cause I realize that no matter how much i like or dislike the GM of the teams I support, I have no say in the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Common Ground: Every fan is happy to be 4-0 and we can all agree on that. Every fan should be happy with the passing game, and Brett's leadership to date. Every Fan agrees that the running game is not where it needs to be.

Points of Difference: What role did TT have in orchestrating this 4-0 start? Some say, give him some love and credit for the good he has done. Others say not so fast, he hasn't done as much as we think.

If you're going strictly off record and where we are at right now, you can't have a better record than 4-0. Perhaps you can split the blame for the running game multiple ways. It could be lack of experienced talent, which means we could have been more agressive in getting someone in the off-season last year. It could be the injuries in camp and early in the season, it could be the O-line's execution of the ZBS.

Cause, blame, responsibility (call it what you want) has just as many parents as credit does, if you are being fair-minded. I wish we were in a better way, running game-wise, but we are where we are, and hopefully with some coaching, practice, film study, and player development that can become more than it is, and I think it will. I think MM is coming into his own as a coach, and I think that whatever problems they have can and will be addressed, but by coaching and practice right now.

Well-stated

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers
    I just want to see 'em play in the rain and snow with no running game 1st. I also remember the 2006 Vikings who were 4-0 before finishing 6-10....
    They were 4-2. They were 2-0 and 4-2, but never got more than 2 games above .500.

Judge, The defense rests.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer
    Common Ground: Every fan is happy to be 4-0 and we can all agree on that. Every fan should be happy with the passing game, and Brett's leadership to date. Every Fan agrees that the running game is not where it needs to be.

Points of Difference: What role did TT have in orchestrating this 4-0 start? Some say, give him some love and credit for the good he has done. Others say not so fast, he hasn't done as much as we think.

If you're going strictly off record and where we are at right now, you can't have a better record than 4-0. Perhaps you can split the blame for the running game multiple ways. It could be lack of experienced talent, which means we could have been more agressive in getting someone in the off-season last year. It could be the injuries in camp and early in the season, it could be the O-line's execution of the ZBS.

Cause, blame, responsibility (call it what you want) has just as many parents as credit does, if you are being fair-minded. I wish we were in a better way, running game-wise, but we are where we are, and hopefully with some coaching, practice, film study, and player development that can become more than it is, and I think it will. I think MM is coming into his own as a coach, and I think that whatever problems they have can and will be addressed, but by coaching and practice right now.
    That looks like a solid assessment Carolina_Packer (realistic - given our circumstances).

GO PACKERS.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

? HOFer
    I see no reasons to count your chickens before they hatch.

Plenty of teams have started like this and folded. I seem to recall the Vikings doing it once under Tice, but then again I could be completely wrong.

Let's just focus on how to beat the Bears. They have a lot of talent and are bound to have an explosive game any week now. Quite frankly, I think this week is far from a gimme (when not factoring in the PR influence on the crowd noise at Lambeau).

Is Harvey the new Patler?
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Im really torn on the Bears game. Would I rather see Wrecks or Greezy?

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Orton. It may not have been pretty but he won and didn't turn the ball over much.

Re: Over/Under On The Thompson Bashers

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    Ok, we are 4-0; no team in the entire NFL has a better record after 1/4 of the regular season.
    One of the chronic TT bashers seems to have softened in the face of the significant improvement in the team, but at least 2 others have adamantly, petulantly dug in their heels and refused to face the painfully obvious.
    One gets the feeling that they are now down in the bunker, just waiting for a Packer loss to jump back in to once again spew more blasts of their ridiculous vitriol. Their claims : "Thompson is trying to wreck the Packers" (to lose his own job?), "Thompson hates Favre so much he is wrecking the Packers" (to lose his own job?) "Thompson is trying to wreck the entire universe" have been a source of amusement to many of us for a long time, and, in all fairness, might wind up being actually missed for their comedic value if & when the misguided return to reality.
    Now then : just how many wins will it take for them to extend even the tiniest bit of credit to Ted Thompson for the job he's done?
    5?
    6?
    8?
    12?
    16-0??????????
    Now YOU.

Seems to me that your resembling the Village Idiot that shits on the parade.

WTF.
    Pot calling kettle.

BTW, 4-0 without your boy Moss. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
    First of all we are people of various backgrounds that love the Packers.

We should not be taking any different views to the extreme of judging or pidgeon holeing. WE are just all Packer fans and Rastak.

Just for you to ponder.

Maybe you could examine this silly feud a tad closer before you jump on either band wagon cpk1994.

Just maybe. It is best to remain a neutral and not pick sides or gang on. It will all come out in the wash despite some ruffled feathers that seem to exist at the present time.

I will to go out on the edge and inform all on this board, that the people like myself who are afflicted with the accusations of being the hateful are actually quite the opposite.

We want a win - win for all Packer fans.

We (the so called and labeled TT haters. . .Haha) are the fact based, truthfully accountable objective posters that only want the Packers to move towords winning and real growth.

For our Packer team GM Ted Thompson to do something more not less.

I see it in terms of the big picture and major goal of winning as Brett Favre does. The duty of the Packer GM is to do all he can to ensure a status of consistency in winning as well as maintain financial restraint for our teams future.

Not all one way or the other.

The chief reason that some here have stood against Ted Thompson is that we feel he should take advantage of the fact we still have Brett Favre. Have encouraged more talent (experience) in our offense and specifically at the position of obvious concern, Runningback.

I would be the last person to rub it in a mans face.

I will not argue.

I felt our running game would be weaker and that is the way it appears to be. Ted Thompson went with the status quo after encouraging Ahman Green to change loyalities. I felt that he ran too high of a risk to make that assessment.

We have the worst running game in the NFL. Why is that now. . .

Some of us could see that from a long way off but Ted Thompson did not or is it something else in Ted Thompson . . .

That is the root of the debate.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool
    Orton. It may not have been pretty but he won and didn't turn the ball over much.
    Why exactly would I want that?

We (the so called and labeled TT haters. . .Haha) are the fact based, truthfully accountable objective posters that only want the Packers to move towords winning and real growth.

These kind of statements remind me of when I bought my second car when I was about 19. I remember dealing with the used car salesman "Honest Bill Kowalski". He kept telling me how he would never steer me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cpk1994
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow
    Ok, we are 4-0; no team in the entire NFL has a better record after 1/4 of the regular season.
    One of the chronic TT bashers seems to have softened in the face of the significant improvement in the team, but at least 2 others have adamantly, petulantly dug in their heels and refused to face the painfully obvious.
    One gets the feeling that they are now down in the bunker, just waiting for a Packer loss to jump back in to once again spew more blasts of their ridiculous vitriol. Their claims : "Thompson is trying to wreck the Packers" (to lose his own job?), "Thompson hates Favre so much he is wrecking the Packers" (to lose his own job?) "Thompson is trying to wreck the entire universe" have been a source of amusement to many of us for a long time, and, in all fairness, might wind up being actually missed for their comedic value if & when the misguided return to reality.
    Now then : just how many wins will it take for them to extend even the tiniest bit of credit to Ted Thompson for the job he's done?
    5?
    6?
    8?
    12?
    16-0??????????
    Now YOU.

Seems to me that your resembling the Village Idiot that shits on the parade.

WTF.
    Pot calling kettle.

BTW, 4-0 without your boy Moss. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
    First of all we are people of various backgrounds that love the Packers.

We should not be taking any different views to the extreme of judging or pidgeon holeing. WE are just all Packer fans and Rastak.

Just for you to ponder.

Maybe you could examine this silly feud a tad closer before you jump on either band wagon cpk1994.

Just maybe. It is best to remain a neutral and not pick sides or gang on. It will all come out in the wash despite some ruffled feathers at hthe present time.

I will to go out on the edge and imform all on this board, that the people like myself who are afflicted with the accusations of being the hateful are actually quite the opposite.

We want a win - win for all Packer fans.

For our Packer team GM Ted Thompson to do something more not less.

I see it in terms of the big picture and major goal of winning as Brett Favre does. The duty of the Packer GM is to do all he can to ensure a status of consistency in winning as well as maintain financial restraint for our teams future.

Not all one way or the other.

The chief reason that some here have stood against Ted Thompson is that we feel he should take advantage of the fact we still have Brett Favre. Have encouraged more talent (experience) in our offence and specifically at the position of obvious concern, Runningback.

I would be the last person to rub it in a mans face. I will not argue.

I felt our running game would be weaker and that is the way it appears to be. Ted Thompson went with the status quo after encouraging Ahman Green to change loyalities. I felt that he ran too high of a risk to make that assessment.

We have the worst running game in the NFL. Why is that now. . .

Some of us could see that from a long way off but Ted Thompson did not or is it something else in Ted Thompson . . .

That is the root of the debate.
    Fact based? PULEEEEEZE. Anyway, I merely stated the fact that it is hypocritcal of you to call someone a villiage idiot for raining on the parade of others when you have been doing the exact same thing. Also, the fact that you have an obsession with Moss and can't get over it. You continue to take shots at TT for not signing Moss in every thread you post it in, even when the topic isn't about either. It is getting old, boring, repetitve and stupid. You hate TT and are mad the Pack didn't sign Moss. We get it. NOW GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and once again, 4-0 with out your boy Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Is Harvey the new Patler?
    There is only one Patler. Just as there is only one Harv.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

These kind of statements remind me of when I bought my second car when I was about 19. I remember dealing with the used car salesman "Honest Bill Kowalski". He kept telling me how he would never steer me wrong.
    "Honest Bill" steered me wrong?! Say it ain't so!

Ziggy at night:

"God bless mommy and daddy and Harvey and Patler......"

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby
    Ziggy at night:

"God bless mommy and daddy and Harvey and Patler......"
    "and please bring me a superbowl win for Christmas...."