Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Oxymoron - Intelligence and the Media

It's hard for me to decide what Bush is thinking. I've always believed that the Iraq war was more Cheney's idea than it was Bush's. Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz were all members of PNAC, Bush was not. I suspect if Bush could do it all over again, he would stay out Of Iraq, but that is not the case with Cheney.

Rice has been able to increase her influence because the neocons have been discredited because nearly all their predictions about what would happen in Iraq have been proved wrong. I think Rice probably has more in common with the foreign policies of George H.W. Bush. I think Bush's problem is it is difficult for him to make a clean break from the neocons without making it appear that he thinks the Iraq war was a big mistake. There fore I think the President is just playing the string out until the end of his Presidency. He knows he can't fix Iraq, but is afraid of what kind of chaos will ensue if he packs up and leaves.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Bigguns
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman
    Don't you understand, Tyrone?

Support Bush policies=Patriotism

Oppose Bush Policies=Support The Terrorists
    My favorite part is how the WHOLE Gov't is out to get Bush. Including the Homeland Secutity...which HE created, and put his guy in charge. Oh lord.

Well, I guess i wasn't fair...HUD, Dep't of Ag, etc. don't appear to be to get him, but I wouldn't put it past them...sneaky bastards.
    Bush just isn't on the same page as the rest of the Govt. Condi basically ousted any remaining so-called neo-cons from the State Dept. They have different goals than Bush. The experiment has been tried - you can't build a democracy from the top down, but it's still very possible to make a stable Iraq that is a good ally of the U.S.
    So, you are in agreement with Kiwon. NSA, CIA, FBI, Homeland Security are all out to bet Bush...not now, but since 9/11..that is what he posited.

It's hard for me to decide what Bush is thinking. I've always believed that the Iraq war was more Cheney's idea than it was Bush's. Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz were all members of PNAC, Bush was not. I suspect if Bush could do it all over again, he would stay out Of Iraq, but that is not the case with Cheney.

Rice has been able to increase her influence because the neocons have been discredited because nearly all their predictions about what would happen in Iraq have been proved wrong. I think Rice probably has more in common with the foreign policies of George H.W. Bush. I think Bush's problem is it is difficult for him to make a clean break from the neocons without making it appear that he thinks the Iraq war was a big mistake. There fore I think the President is just playing the string out until the end of his Presidency. He knows he can't fix Iraq, but is afraid of what kind of chaos will ensue if he packs up and leaves.
    I don't think Bush looks at the war as mistake. He has had ample time to at least tell us what were mistakes made, yet none have ever been mentioned.

Right now, our best hope is that Laura and barney withdraw their support of the war.

Tyrone, your argument suggests that if Bush felt the war was a mistake, he would publicly admit it. I think not.

Has he admitted a single mistake since he took office?
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Has he admitted a single mistake since he took office?
    I think there was the mistake with him not chewing the pretzel before swallowing.....I still don't understand how you get claw/nail marks on your face from choking on a piece of food though.
    C.H.U.D.

He might have panicked if he was choking. People do strange things when they panic. I once choked on a piece of pizza crust, and was alone. That's the closest I've ever felt to death. I was trying to cough it up and so little air was coming through that I was making a high whistling sound at first.

What a strange twist this thread has taken.

Tyrone, your argument suggests that if Bush felt the war was a mistake, he would publicly admit it. I think not.
    Joe,

You have seemingly drawn the exact opposite meaning from what i intended.

What a strange twist this thread has taken.

You can say that again!