Quote Originally Posted by Partial
Quote Originally Posted by Zool
Quote Originally Posted by Partial
Quote Originally Posted by packinpatland
Hmmmmm.................wonder why Schilling said the ONLY team he would never play for is the Yankees? We may lose Lowell (series MVP) to another team who may offer him more, I say, good for him, he earned it.

As far as money/caps go...................The Cowboys are going to pay Romo 67.5mil over 6 years with 31 of the that guaranteed? It's all about big money, what pro sport isn't.

It took the Sox 86 years to win the Series in 2004, they win another this year, that hardly qualifies them as scum. As I said before, 6 starters came up through their farm league, all teams have the same opportunities to do that.
120 million per year is fair per team. If baseball had revenue sharing and had a salary cap, it would probably be around this. Maybe slightly less. Instead, the Red Sox can spend 10-20x the amount of some teams.

The Red Sox paid ~66% MORE to NEGOIATE (only negoiate) w/ Dice K than what Romo is guaranteed over SIX years. I think that says it all right there.
Actually I believe the final bid was $51mil to negotiate. Still they just handed the Dragons $51 million.
Right, so it was 20 million more. 20 million additional / 31 million to romo is about 2/3. They paid about 2/3 more than romo is guaranteed to make over 6 years just to talk to the guy.
Assuming Romo's contract goes the distance and hits the escalators its 67mil. 31 is guaranteed, but now I get where you're coming from I spose.