Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kampy....I admit it...

Kampy....I admit it...

OK, I am coming clean: I have a man crush on our LDE!

Go ahead and sue me, but this guy is holding our D together, Banett is the mouth, but AK is the brains...

Best player on the team. Maybe the best DE in the game right now.

Consistency is one of Kampman's many qualities which stands out.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    He reminds me of Henry Jordan. He should be playing tackle.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Senior Rat All-Pro FritzDontBlitz's Avatar
    Kampmann is so fun to watch with that nonstop motor of his. Watching him chase down the WR on that botched option pass was amazing: he almost tackled the guy twice before he finally nailed him for a 3 yard loss.
    Always respect your opponent, even when you're kicking the crap outta him.

Kampman is what a football player should be IMO. Barnett has always been a trash talker but this year he is finally getting the respect that he deserves. Urlacher looks horrible this season but when it's all said and done, they will have similar stats, the difference is that Barnett has finally been hyped a bit. Their stats have been similar since Barnett came into the league.

Kampman can never get enough praise. Teams are doing everything to stop they guy. He frequently gets held and double teamed. On passing downs, that is allowing KGB to roam free and that is awesome.
    "Once the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic.”
    – Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi
    He reminds me of Henry Jordan. He should be playing tackle.
    I still think you maximize his talents keeping him outside, and keeping either jenkins or williams inside, with the other outside.

Flies way low under the radar too. Not after any glamour...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    He frequently gets held and double teamed. .
    He gets held all of the time. They have to hold him to prevent him from getting 3 sacks every game.

I watched him for a long Denver series and he was held every play it seemed like...but that's the NFL.
    C.H.U.D.

Senior Rat All-Pro FritzDontBlitz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    Kampman is what a football player should be IMO. Barnett has always been a trash talker but this year he is finally getting the respect that he deserves. Urlacher looks horrible this season but when it's all said and done, they will have similar stats, the difference is that Barnett has finally been hyped a bit. Their stats have been similar since Barnett came into the league.

Kampman can never get enough praise. Teams are doing everything to stop they guy. He frequently gets held and double teamed. On passing downs, that is allowing KGB to roam free and that is awesome.
    Urlacher has serious back issues and the prognosis is not very good: a couple more seasons at most. At any rate, his production is way down this year.
    Always respect your opponent, even when you're kicking the crap outta him.

Senior Rat All-Pro
    Gee Tarlam, you sure know how to pick 'em !

Is it really a halo or
    just a swelled head ?

You wAnt to show a kid a football player, show the kid a picture of AK.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Defensive end AARON KAMPMAN of the Green Bay Packers, running back BRANDON JACOBS of the New York Giants, and kicker DAVID AKERS of the Philadelphia Eagles are the NFC Defensive, Offensive, and Special Teams Players of the Month for October, the NFL announced today.

WAY TO GO KAMPMAN!!!!!

Blog Entries
    What everybody said.

I was thinking of starting a thread like this mesself.

He's ain't nothin' but a stud. Love this guys motor, heart, and field savvy.

When he signed that offer sheet from the Vikes a few years ago, some idiot posted that he had given up on Kampman because he had no heart. I know most fans don't understand the difference between the business and the game, but I wasted quite a few keystrokes flaming that dumb bastard.

Senior Rat Veteran Green Bud Packer's Avatar
    Whoa. If you guys are talking 3some I'm out the door.

Kampman is damn good and my congrats, he deserved it.
    Think I'll roll another number for the road.
    I HATE everything about the Minnesota Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack
    What everybody said.

I was thinking of starting a thread like this mesself.

He's ain't nothin' but a stud. Love this guys motor, heart, and field savvy.

When he signed that offer sheet from the Vikes a few years ago, some idiot posted that he had given up on Kampman because he had no heart. I know most fans don't understand the difference between the business and the game, but I wasted quite a few keystrokes flaming that dumb bastard.

The general concensus was the Vikes were screwing around with the Packers to make them pay more. I never heard anything like that in Minnesota, they wanted him.

I don't recall anyone saying Kampy had no heart back in that RFA dealio with the Vikes.

I do recall an entire thread on JSO devoted to defining Kampmann as a player.

NO ONE was calling him great. EVERYONE wanted him back however.

The almost unanimous consensus was that he was a slightly above average talent with a superior character that was an asset to the team.

I think now he can be defined as a clearly above average talent with excellent football intelligence and an unparalleled work ethic.

And...I'll bet those strong hands could really rub some fragrant oil deep into the tired muscles of a working man's sore trapezius.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by swede
    And...I'll bet those strong hands could really rub some fragrant oil deep into the tired muscles of a working man's sore trapezius.
    Or accidentally kill you with a Vulcan Death Grip.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

You think Spock would have played LB or safety?
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.