Thread: Contract Extension?

Contract Extension?

The Kampman thread got me to thinking. Who should get an extension? It seems to be TT's philosophy to hand out a couple contract extensions towards the end of the season. I think Kampman has a couple years left on his deal so he might not get one this year.

My pick is Corey Williams (no idea on harrel is going to turn out)

? HOFer
    Corey Williams, Aaron Kampman, Vernand Morency

Senior Rat Veteran Green Bud Packer's Avatar
    Favre
    Think I'll roll another number for the road.
    I HATE everything about the Minnesota Vikings

McCarthy

McCarthy, TT and Williams. I've heard that they've been working on Williams but the Williams' camp seems to want to go to UFA.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

bIGBY IS ANOTHER PLAYER WHO COULD MERIT A RAISE.
    Pass Jessica's Law and keep the predators behind bars for 25 years minimum. Vote out liberal, SP judges. Enforce all immigrant laws!

Quote Originally Posted by b bulldog
    McCarthy, TT and Williams. I've heard that they've been working on Williams but the Williams' camp seems to want to go to UFA.
    Who did you hear this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Partial
    What has Morency done to warrant an extension? Ten touches and he's too sore to play the next week. I think he has talent, but he needs to show his knee is sound before there should be an extension.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Pickett, Rodgers (?!), M3
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Heard this on "The Fan" Looks as though he will be gone after this year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b bulldog
    Heard this on "The Fan" Looks as though he will be gone after this year.

What in the heck is "The Fan" ? Is that an editorial by Joe Arrigo

I don't think anybody would have credible information at this point and if they are shooting it out they probably lack credibility

TT is not going to comment; what does he comment on ???
    And no way is Williams camp going to comment this early; that can only have bad endings

"The Fan"....I say
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Actually The Fan is a great all-sports talk show. 107.5 out of Green Bay.

Johnny Gray has a slot of there, but mostly I like listening to a dude called "the rookie". Ex GBPG sports columnist Chris Havel is also on there alot, too.

Morency? Was this a typo? Have you been drinking?

? HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    Morency? Was this a typo? Have you been drinking?
    No. I think he should be given another shot. I believe he is a free agent after this year. He got hurt after busting his tale all off-season and coming in at an impression and tight 220. No way is he 220 right now. I bet he is about 205 max. I'm not ready to see him go yet. At least let him compete in camp. He's my dog

Quote Originally Posted by GBRulz
    Actually The Fan is a great all-sports talk show. 107.5 out of Green Bay.

Johnny Gray has a slot of there, but mostly I like listening to a dude called "the rookie". Ex GBPG sports columnist Chris Havel is also on there alot, too.
    Drew Smith and Bill Rabiore are pretty good too..I like to listen to them whenever I can.

TT, Bigby, Williams, A-Rod, M3 in that order.

And B, you didn't that shit you wrote. You just were looking for an excuse to use that smily!

Is Bigby on a 1 year deal? He's worth locking up for a few more years. Definitely give Kampman a 5 year extension worth 30 mil.

The Packers, if reports are correct, have been talking to Williams about doing a deal since at least last spring. If they (Williams agents) aren't thinking UFA, then they may need to have their heads examined. By now, its clear they haven't gotten closed the gap on price.

While I'd like to have him, I worry every time I see by him moved off the line by a double team. Just like Kampman, it will all depend on the price. he can't do everything and shouldn't get top dollar.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by LL2
    Is Bigby on a 1 year deal? He's worth locking up for a few more years. Definitely give Kampman a 5 year extension worth 30 mil.
    Bigby is an Exclusive Rights free agent at the end of the season. He's got ZERO leverage. My guess is he'll get another one year deal, then get RFA and a decent deal if his good play continues.