I don't think its necessary to defend Favre, Favre's name is all over the record book. True, he was a league bad boy at the start but personal tragedies can go a long way in shaping a person's character. He has definitely matured off the field, but what he has done on the field needs no defense.

Even with the hype wave Romo has had pushing him into consideration as an elite QB - and compared to his present day counterparts, Romo is probably a close 3rd behind Manning and Brady - its ridiculous to consider a one year starter as "all-time" anything. The NFL has been in existence for over 80 years, and yet, you notice all the "overhyped" QB's come from the so-called "modern" era: which, in ESPNspeak, means "Super Bowl" era since that network consistently disses anything or anyone in existence before SB1. In truth, ESPN tends to treat anything that occurred before they were started as old news, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me if Sal thinks "all time" spans only the last 40 years or so.....